• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thread title says it all. Every romantic relationship has components of physical and emotional attraction. Are you alright with dating a 5/10 looks-wise (in your eyes) if they have a 10/10 personality. Or what about the reverse? Would you date someone you just get get along pretty well with, but they're super hot? Which is preferable?

Last edited:

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Looks and beauty are fleeting. Having someone with whom you have a deep personal connection with is both one in a million and life long. This isn't even a question.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I'll go with the typo: dating someone who I get along pretty well with, but they're super hot. ;)

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5/10 Looks by conventional mainstream standards I could probably do.

But 5/10 Looks by my own personal standards would be pretty rough. Not being attracted to someone physically can be a pretty huge hindrance in a relationship.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Give me brains, intellect and great personal connection over physical beauty. Physical beauty can only get you so far. I'm far more interested and turned on by a good conversation that stimulates my mind.

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Always as perfect as possible

Don't intend to marry and get kids so i don't care about her personality at all because i don't have to endure it.

Obviously if possible both but thats rather rare - You don't find a Gym Enthusiast that looks like that + is good at gaming and has this deep passion for it that often and if you do they usually know their boyfriend since they were like 5.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I am too superficial to date a 5/10. What's the point? I'd rather be friends with them.

Dating a 10/10 with 5/10 personality is perfectly fine, as long as it's short term dating or FWB. Obviously, marriage is out of the question.

I require a 7/10 looks and 8/10 personality as a bare minimum for marriage. Fortunately, there are a few awesome women foolish enough to fall for me.

I would like to thank all the selfish assholes, the online creeps, the slimy cheats and the entitled hunks who have worked hard to lower that bar.

I don't know what I would have done without you! <3

Bacon

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who just got out of a relationship with a very attractive person but a so-so connection, gotta go with the connection man. It get's old real fast if you don't have that real personal connection. Even having sex with the hottest person in the world gets old, it's why you have people like Jay Z cheating on one of the most fine women on the planet.

snapcracken

Oct 25, 2017
someone who's hot but with a poor personality is someone you'd want to have as a fuckbuddy, not as a significant other.

Big Powder

Oct 25, 2017
I'd absolutely take the connection rather than the looks. I'm typically the kind of person who finds people more physically attractive based on the connection we have anyway.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
EASILY the personality.

I've dated really attractive people with rotten cores. NO THANK YOU.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
Take 10/10 personality. Can always fix the looks, whereas the personality is almost impossible to change.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
We'd all like to honestly say personality, but your id says looks. It's awful, but I don't care how funny or how much I have in common with an ass ugly girl.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
A combination of the two if possible, though for me connection usually leads to physical attractiveness, and attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder.

I've dated all types, most combinations listed and more, and in the end it comes down to shared values, goals, and a combination of being connected and physical attractiveness.

Cilla

Oct 29, 2017
Queensland, Australia
Looks don't last but an amazing personality does. When I fall in love with someone's personality I fall in love with all of them. I've never gone for looks. We are all gonna be old and ugly one day but at least I'll be laughing!

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not physically attracted to my SO but I'm asexual so there's not much helping that.

We are 100% compatible in humor, personalities and life goals so I wouldn't change anything about him. Rating someone purely through looks is something I cannot relate to.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I interpret "5/10 Looks" as meaning "you are not physically attracted to this person at all -- you aren't repulsed or or disgusted, but there is nothing that turns you on at all in terms of appearance." At that point I feel like you would need someone that is pretty sexually adventurous and willing to indulge your particular kinks and drives, because that's really the best way you can overcome the barrier of physical attractiveness.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If its something that can lead to a serious relationship, then I weighed personality more. If its just short term or FWB, then looks. Of course, we all want the super hot partner with 10/10 personality that connects with you.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
A 10/10 with a so-so personal connection ain't nothing more than a hookup to me. If we don't have a vibe then I won't waste my time pursuing a relationship cause who tf goes for someone that bores you but is hot?

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Beauty is fleeting. Personality 100%.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
5/10 all day every day, i dont need a 10/10

i can fuck a 5/10 just fine

not to mention, a 10/10 would leave me for someone else in a heartbeat anyway

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Personality easily. That being said, I still need to be physically attracted to the person too. And as I learn more about them, I probably become more attracted to them.

ChuckStank

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Let's not be silly. I have to be physically attracted to the woman first. Then I just hope she has the personality to match.