Who would you say are the Big Eight Women of Gaming at the moment?

Feb 15, 2018
Alis Landale from Phantasy Star deserves a permanent place on the list. She's not completely dead to the market as the game was just remastered.

Alis (Phantasy Star 1)
Anna (Phantasy Star 2)
Alys (Phantasy Star 4)
Amy (Sonic or Phantasy Star 2)
Aika (Skies of Arcadia)
Arle (Puyo)
Angelan (Virtual On)
Alicia (Valkyria Chronicles)

Sega's 8 all A female roster

Oct 25, 2017
The only rule is they have to be an actual videogame character (no Ariana Grande jokes), and have to be from a series still alive in some form. So, Alis from the OG Phantasy Star would be disqualified as would Joana Dark since they're effectively dead.
If only going off recent years I would choose:

1. Chun Li - Arguably the face of the fighting game genre. Fun to play in Street Fighter 5.

2. Bayonetta - Star of two amazing actions games with a third coming soon. Took up the mantle from Devil May Cry while it was in slumber and ran with it.

3. Ciri - Amazing showing from the Witcher 3 and will be in a Netflix original series.

4. Sylvanas - Its 2018 and shes still a threat.

5. D.Va - Don't buy the Tracer hype. D.Va is B.Ae and the most popular character in Overwatch.

6. Zelda - Great in Breath of the Wild and will likely be fun to play in Smash Bros Ultimate.

7. Lara Croft - Crummy movie aside the new Tomb Raider trilogy has been pretty good.

8. Makoto Niijima - Down to throw fisticuffs while being an A student. Always stayed on my team in Persona 5.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
If the OP is talking about the entire gaming history, then Jill Valentine is definitely a top 8 as many have mentioned. But if we're taking a picture of the moment? If you consider RE : Revelations a major title, than it's has been 6 years since its release. If not then her last major appearance would have been almost a decade ago.

Hopefully we get R3make soon to change that. Or (hopefully and) RE8 featuring her.

May 17, 2018
I thought this was a thread about the most interesting female personalities in the industry right now, as in actual human beings and not fictional characters. Like, the thread is cool, but I´m kinda disappointed.

Oct 25, 2017
My list would change regularly, but here's 8 right from the top of my mind I remember well (some probably because the games have been played recently)

Gotta throw 1 FF character in here