• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Just noticed it today when messing around in Modern Warfare's menu.
One of the best innovations this gen thanks to the original Titanfall and elated to finally see more FPS adopt it (I know Apex added it recently too).

Fuck clicking in a stick to sprint

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
What is auto sprint and how does it work? Sounds terrible to me. I'd like to control when and where I walk/sprint.

Oct 29, 2017
Since the developers from Titanfall came to IW ;)

It's also apparent by the "choose your gamemodes" playlist and all the different aiming setting customization. Both were in Titanfall 2

Oct 27, 2017
What is auto sprint and how does it work? Sounds terrible to me. I'd like to control when and where I walk/sprint.
Essentially if you press the stick all the way forward you start sprinting automatically. I use it in Apex and I've never felt like I sprinted when I didn't mean to. It's how all FPS should control in my opinion.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mechanics tend to blend a lot in genres. Sometimes it's because they're the same devs and just changed studios. Other times it's because they see a smaller studio do something good, realize that they have the money to to it better, and do that.

Jun 10, 2018
I honestly would never use it in Modern Warfare because I'd be worried I pushed the stick too far and be unable to either fire or reload. It would be different if they didn't stop you from reloading while sprinting (which I have no idea why they got rid of it).

V23

Oct 27, 2017
They added it in a patch one or two months ago.

I played Titanfall 2 with auto-sprint on, but that was mainly due to the 'Gunrunner' weapon perk and hipfire being very viable.

I'd love to use it in MW as well but it doesn't suit the game as much. Hipfiring isn't always viable and there's a delay between sprinting and being able to fire.

OP
OP
AgentOtaku

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
They added it in a patch one or two months ago.

I played Titanfall 2 with auto-sprint on, but that was mainly due to the 'Gunrunner' weapon perk and hipfire being very viable.

I'd love to use it in MW as well but it doesn't suit the game as much. Hipfiring isn't always viable and there's a delay between sprinting and being able to fire.

Yeah, played around with it some more in MW and it definitely isn't as smooth as TF

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Autosprint is great but you need it to not severely limit your ability to fire a weapon or reload.