• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'll tell you all the Disney Princess that's actually the worst, how about the one that was a princess in the film she appeared in, but that film has been forgotten by everyone and even in this topic discussing the worst princesses, her name hasn't been mentioned once in over 150 responses.

Here's a picture of her.
$

I bet you can't even remember her name, and I can't blame you, she leaves zero impressions on you even in the movie that was forgettable enough as is. Despite being a princess by birth, Disney has never even had her in the Disney Princess line despite being one in the films. I'll put her name in the spoilers and the film she's from, and I think you'll agree she is the worst.

Princess Eilonwy from The Black Cauldron

Nov 8, 2017
I'll tell you all the Disney Princess that's actually the worst, how about the one that was a princess in the film she appeared in, but that film has been forgotten by everyone and even in this topic discussing the worst princesses, her name hasn't been mentioned once in over 150 responses.

Here's a picture of her.
$

I bet you can't even remember her name, and I can't blame you, she leaves zero impressions on you even in the movie that was forgettable enough as is. Despite being a princess by birth, Disney has never even had her in the Disney Princess line despite being one in the films. I'll put her name in the spoilers and the film she's from, and I think you'll agree she is the worst.

Man, I loved that movie as a kid. But you're right, I remember very little about her.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Here's a picture of her.
$

I know what she's from but not her name. Being a princess in a Disney film doesn't guarantee that you're a Disney princess, like Kida. Hell, Mulan is on the official list and she's not even a princess by title.

Oct 25, 2017
Belle because Stockholm syndrome.

That's a really cheap way to write off the film. Belle doesn't suffer from Stockholm Syndrome in the film; she gives the Beast all sorts of hell until he gets his shit together and only starts to be friends with him and become interested in him romantically after that. Even after he's saved her life from a pack of wild wolves.

Notice how she's more agitated than anything else when he roars at her in that argument? That's a woman staring down a creature that's physically very easily capable of killing her and has anger issues like it ain't shit and calls him out on his damn bullshit. Belle's a badass.

Belle. She canonically looks down on the working class.

I mean, she's a part of that working class too (at least she is until the end of the film). She looks down at them because she's ostracized by them for doing her own thing.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Ariel. Selfish bitch put her father and her entire kingdom in danger by brokering a deal with a clearly evil sea witch just to chase some piece of ass above the sea.

Nope.

She sought to be something she's always felt she should be (human) and was driven to drastic action because her abusive father instead of having a conversation with his daughter burnt her fucking shit down in terrifying abusive rage which made the sea witch look nice in comparison.

But it's amazing how often King Triton gets a total pass (and is in fact deemed the victim of Ariel).... not unlike real life society where powerful men get to do as they please and any act against them is vilified.

Also calling her a bitch is certainly lovely too.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Leia is best disney princess. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

AriesM4rch

Oct 27, 2017
Ariel is just bratty, but she's a teenager so it makes sense.

Worst are Aurora and Pocahontas though.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beast is an asshole, who knows how many died in dungeon before Belle's father was thrown in there. But he does a few nice things and all is forgiven and in love with him. Belle is awful.

Oct 25, 2017
Beast is an asshole, who knows how many died in dungeon before Belle's father was thrown in there. But he does a few nice things and all is forgiven and in love with him. Belle is awful.

Pretty sure the film indicates via the lyrics in Be Our Guest that no one's been to the castle ever since the Beast was cursed until Belle's father showed up. No real reason to assume that the Beast is a serial killer, as far as I can think of.

It just seems like you're actively trying to think up reasons to not like the film or the character. Which is fine, you're entitled to do that. But that's not what's in the film.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the film indicates via the lyrics in Be Our Guest that no one's been to the castle ever since the Beast was cursed until Belle's father showed up. No real reason to assume that the Beast is a serial killer, as far as I can think of.

It just seems like you're actively trying to think up reasons to not like the film or the character. Which is fine, you're entitled to do that. But that's not what's in the film.
In the sequel (actually takes place during first movie) it's acknowledged the Beast has killed servants by destroying them in fits of rage. He also horrible for more reasons, which she keeps forgiving for no good reason.

Oct 25, 2017
In the sequel (actually takes place during first movie) it's acknowledged the Beast has killed servants by destroying them. He also horrible for more reasons, which she keeps forgiving for no good reason.

The only character I can think of that the Beast does that to in that film would be the main villain who is actively trying to sabotage the Beast from breaking the curse. Granted, it's been a long time since I last saw that film, but I can't think of any instance in the film where he does that.

That said, I'd agree that the spinoff B&TB stuff was pretty awful in how they characterized the Beast most times. I just happen to disassociate that all from the original film itself. It's like associating Dragon Ball GT with the rest of Dragon Ball to me.

Deleted member 3534

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any time I went swimming as a little girl (and younger.... maybe older teenager) I would try to recreate the hair flip from Little Mermaid. That said, Ariel is pretty bad.

IRL wet hair physics doesn't work like in The Little Mermaid and that's one of the biggest disappointments of my life.

Pocahontas is objectively the worst though.

Oct 25, 2017
He doesn't do it in the film, but a character references him doing it.

Hm. I'll need to revisit that film then.

Like I said though, that stuff isn't really "canon" to me. Disney had a really bad habit of making some really atrocious straight-to-video release sequels and spinoffs for their Renaissance era films. The only ones that were ever any good were Aladdin & The King of Thieves and The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride. Everything else was just varying levels of trash, from what I remember.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't care much about Pocahontas, not only her movie is pretty bad imo the intent they had in changing her story and her character to a sexy lady was pretty insidious.

(I mean really, both siding the freaking natives v englishmen conflict Disney?)

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Belle a gold digger (or a book digger in this case)? It's been more than a decade since I've seen the original film, but from what I've seen of the live action movie, Belle's opinion and interaction of the Beast only turned around right after she was given an entire library.

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Belle a gold digger (or a book digger in this case)? It's been more than a decade since I've seen the original film, but from what I've seen of the live action movie, Belle's opinion and interaction of the Beast only turned around right after she was given an entire library.

It turns around before he gives her the library, actually. Things start to change at the end of that scene I linked up above.

Kida from Atlantis the lost empire is criminally under rated.

Indeed! Kida's great.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Ariel for me.
While I can understand why she did what she did and King Triton is just the worst, I still always disliked how she completely ignored the advice of Sebastian and Flounder, who wanted to help her, and entered into a dubious contract with a sea witch who actually shows her beforehand how many other merpeople she has warped and the consequences were she to fail.

Pocahontas was disappointing when I learned the actual history behind her as well.

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought Cinderella and Snow White were boring. =/

Favorite would be Belle, though. I love her for being an avid reader.

FelRes

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CA

Here's a picture of her.
$

I know Eilonwy. She wasn't even bad in that movie, but she was a million times cooler in the original books, being a wacky red-head barefoot tsundere who constantly takes charge. Where's that Disney princess?

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys are nuts calling Ariel the worst.

Ariel's a strong and independent young girl (not quite a woman yet, if you ask me). In the first couple scenes of the movie, she's basically a young Lara Croft, digging up lost treasure and fucking around with the baddest mofos in the ocean (sharks) without an ounce of fear. She's got a major case of "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" because as a Princess she's given basically anything she wants, but she would rather risk her life for a piece of obscure treasure than live a shallow life singing songs about how great her daddy is. And while we're shown that a simple human fork is a goddamn treasure to her, she drops that shit in an instant, without an ounce of hesitation when her best friend (Flounder) is in trouble and she's needed to back him up.

She's got a massive hoard filled to overflowing with hard-earned contraband treasures, and even though each one is literally a treasure to her, she recognizes that they're hollow and that she wants something fundamentally deeper than her fangirl hobby.

Then she meets her Prince Charming and falls in love, and swims away from that back to the reality of her simple fangirl treasure cave.

Then her father storms in and violently smashes everything she cares about, so she runs away from home, selling her voice to a sketchy loan shark in exchange for a bus ticket. It's only after her father tried to destroy her entire identity (oh wow, she's a wealthy princess, she has everything, what's her problem, so spoiled [/sarcasm]) that she decided lay everything on the line to try and find Prince Charming and see if she can crash at his place.

Ursula stacked the deck against Ariel, unfairly turning it into a bet about whether or not Ariel can get Prince Charming to kiss her, and Ariel easily beat those unfair odds (because she's a mega hottie, beautiful voice or no voice). So Ursula had to intervene and cheat directly. And Ariel still almost won (came within about a second of winning), despite Ursula cheating as hard as possible (up to and including mind control over Prince Charming).

Ariel didn't doom the undersea kingdom, she walked away from it. Ariel's dad doomed the undersea kingdom, deliberately, because he felt he needed to step in and save Ariel from the situation he pushed her into. And then Ariel and Prince Charming solved the "doom" problem by murdering Ursula, liberating Ariel's dad. And they all lived happily ever after. The End.