• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Whose your favourite HD era GTA protagonist?

• Niko Bellic

Votes: 180 43.2%
  • Johnny Klebitz

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Luis Fernando Lopez

Votes: 27 6.5%
  • Huang Lee

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • Michael De Santa

Votes: 64 15.3%
  • Trevor Philips

Votes: 76 18.2%
  • Franklin Clinton

Votes: 56 13.4%

• Total voters

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Went with Huang Lee, I wish Chinatown wars was longer.

Man CJ was pretty great lmao

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
To elaborate: Agent 47 is there to blend in cool as crystal and ice his target. Doomguy is there to rip and tear demons until it is done. Trevor is there to fuck, fight, steal, and wreak havoc. These characters aren't just protagonists or player avatars, but vessels for their game's goals. There are no conflicts within them that impact the narrative anti-climatically.

Trevor has conviction in doing the main things you do in GTA. That's why he's the best.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Trevor Philips, no question. I like my MC dirty AF, also very much enjoyed Old Kratos and Kane & Lynch.

oliverandm

Nov 13, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
I don't know really. I don't remember any of them particularly well, except for Trevor - but that's because he was so over the top. I suppose I enjoyed his portrayal the most, but I do have a thing for that sort of character type.

Oct 28, 2017
Yo, why does Chinatown Wars get a choice but the PSP Stories games don't? Same portable generation as Chinatown Wars. Not that I'd vote for either of them, but still.

But anyways I'm gonna have to go with......Niko. Shit yeah Niko was honestly great. None of GTA V's protags resonated the way Niko did. Great character.

CJ is my favourite protagonist of them all though.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Niko, followed closely by Trevor. Michael, on the other hand, is one of the worst characters Rockstar has ever written, and the amount of focus and screen time he gets in GTA V annoys me to no end.