• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Each to their own. But I'd never risk buying a digital library from different regions. I'm sure there must be small print somewhere down the line outlawing such things......but right now it's simply overlooked.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Weird... I have a UK Nintendo account linked to my German PayPal account that is linked to my Deutsche Bank account. I buy UK digital games all the time, no problem.

We can use other European Switch eShops just fine with our cards (even South Africa for some reason) if we're already in Europe, just not the American and Asian eShops.

AlexCampy89

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
You can play any region game on any region cconsole.

Multiple accounts with different region are against TOS, but you could use those accounts just to pay/download the games and then play them on your main account.

The only issue is for PSN Codes/Credit, but that is more a problem with different values, inflaction, etc.

For istance, right now, the Sterling is stronger than Euro, but Eurozone has more customer base overall. If EVERYONE would buy from UK store.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
QutMhYL.png
As of 12:31 CAT

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_3?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=psn+card+digital+code&sprefix=psn,aps,1229&crid=2BCGCRDVALRMM

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You can buy with PayPal from any region I think or use paysafe cards, I did it all the time back in the day, now I use my debit in my country.

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, Sony considers Playstation NA and Playstation Europe completely different consoles, let alone regions, in how they handle things.

Like, beyond region encoding, they have different pricing policies, different TRCs, different content submission policies, etc etc etc. It's a bit absurd.

Derp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Inappropriate language.
Sony splintered all the regions into different stores due to legality reasons (different rating for different games in different regions, etc)..

Microsoft essentially 'workaround' this issue because the Xbox ID is your microsoft ID as well for outlook.com and their cloud stuff. MS is kinda lucky that no government come to knock on their door on this.

Nintendo's i think is just a hole that they haven't plugged yet. Their nintendo network system is still in its infancy that i don't think they know to to region split their store properly (Google Play Store used to be 'region-free' too in its infancy (you can trick it via vpn or by using an app) until Google plugged this hole).

What are you talking about? Why would government come knocking on someone's door? All games on Microsoft store have correct ratings on each store front. If you buy in US and switch to Germany, you game from US will have USK rating.

Sony is just retarded and made mess of a system. Steam had unified account and games system from get go, you can switch regions as you please on same account and library as long as you have credit card from that region and logged at least once from IP of that region.

Sony retarded approach is the reason you can't move regions of your account or change your PSN name.

Or when they change your name for you (i.e. offensive name), you get completely new account with same details and library, and lose your save data in cloud, your trophies and your friend list.

Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
This is not even the most backward part of PSN.

PSN is not entirely region free. For example, if you buy a retail disc abroad, you can't buy DLCs for it on your PSN store, because PSN treats it as a completely different game (same goes for the social functions).

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, it's dead easy on te Switch but for Sony you better not move out of the country for a long period of time or you're screwed. Can't use my card on my main account although i'm in the same GCC region. It's beyond backward.

OP
OP
the_kaotek1

the_kaotek1

Oct 25, 2017
Is the PS4 and Switch even officially released in Cambodia?
Nope not at all, which is a bit of a problem. I get that it's a relatively small market, though given how many of the kids I teach have PS4s, it's a growing one. Because the US dollar is one of the main currencies here it'd be no problem (logically) to just add it to NA I would think, but maybe it's more effort than it's worth?

In a global age though, it seems a bit self defeating to be so restrictive in my opinion (Steam has it right)
It's all money at the end of the day that could be in Sony's coffers.