• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
was literally asked this today.

i understand the upbringing of some people, but i weep for the posibilities of them having daughters, and even worse, sons who will be raised like this

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
toxic masculinity and machoism was a mistake

insecure fucks 2bh

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
"if being a feminist is gay, then I'm the biggest queer on earth"
250px-Todd_Packer.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
I played Deap Valley's "Smile More" at work, a song that includes the line "Yes I am a feminist," and it shocked and upset a number of my coworkers, several of whom are women.

Really incredible how effective the anti-feminist smear campaign over the decades has been. It's convinced people to work against their own self-interests.

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I played Deap Valley's "Smile More" at work, a song that includes the line "Yes I am a feminist," and it shocked and upset a number of my coworkers, several of whom are women.

Really incredible how effective the anti-feminist smear campaign over the decades has been. It's convinced people to work against their own self-interests.

double down and start playing Kamikaze Girls and Petrol Girls. Great bands, very angry feminists.
"I'M NOT YOUR FUCKIN' SWEETHEART, MATE"

OP
OP
Gustaf

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
you know what is worse, women to go along with these dudes just for validation, just for being "one of the guys!"

its like >_>

Oct 28, 2017
you know what is worse, women to go along with these dudes just for validation, just for being "one of the guys!"

its like >_>
When I see women sharing shit from FB pages like "Women Against Feminism" and "Feminism is Cancer" I want to scream.

They're women who value validation from the men in their life more than anything, and it's sad.

Juices

alt account
Banned
Mar 3, 2019
I don't call myself a feminist. I call myself a woman supporter. It sounds more masculine.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would have responded with

"Wait... You're asking me why I love and respect Women and if that makes me Gay?"

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Play this one now

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This brings back memories of being called a 'white knight' for talking up feminism on the old forum.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Please tell me you mansplained to them why they're wrong and that they're being shitty feminists.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Anytime a guy does something like this just imply that he has a small penis and he wont be able to handle it.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd have to reply "what exactly do you think feminism is?"

I mean, realistically, I probably wouldn't talk to someone this dumb at all.

Oct 28, 2017
Please tell me you mansplained to them why they're wrong and that they're being shitty feminists.

No, I just let the song play out and moved on.

One of my other coworkers who is a woman has tried to make these points recently but the others wont have it. I know several of them voted for Trump so it would be a dead end discussion anyways.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I've observed this behavior irl from classmates back in college. Whenever these people hear the word Feminism they immediately associate it with "colored haired, man-hating women that want to #killallmen" rather than actual Feminism. I feel like the word got warped/associated with the wrong group of individuals in the last few years.

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Clearly he hasn't watched South Park. You become a feminist and sjw so you can crush puss, after filling out the proper consent forms of course.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
ask him why being either a feminist or gay is a bad thing.
This. People who automaticaly believe any hint of feminity or empathy toward women is something to be ashamed of are straight up bigots. Sexist and homophobic and completely oblivious to those facts. Whoever told you that OP is someone you should end association with because they let you know blatantly that they're scum.

Oct 27, 2017

A lot of people don't see feminism as advocating for equability between genders, or a framework to critique society. They see is as almost a kind of religion, with its own doctrine, dogma, and idols. It's how they can say "I'm against sex discrimination but I'm not a feminist." It's the same as "I believe in a higher power but I'm not religious."

I've observed this behavior irl from classmates back in college. Whenever these people hear the word Feminism they immediately associate it with "colored haired, man-hating women that want to #killallmen" rather than actual Feminism. I feel like the word got warped/associated with the wrong group of individuals in the last few years.
That's just the new face. Before that it was the image of a bra burning, butch looking, man hating lesbian.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017

i've always heard 'feminism' in a negative light, going back to my teenage years at the very least. especially the 'feminazi' portmanteau.

the term makes toxic folks think it's about placing femininity above all else instead of giving people the same opportunities - and it comes from toxic assholes with power not wanting to share it and distorting the term to keep the status quo.

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm used to hearing that from men because half of us are a bunch of fucking idiots so it's actually amazing when you hear the exact same anti-feminist talking points from women. Talk about making the point of feminism without realizing it.

There's no helping some people in this world.

Oct 28, 2017
The thing is, that group pretty much doesn't exist. It's a boogeyman boosted by anti-feminists to try and discredit them.

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta stoop down to their level. "I like girls, wouldnt not being a feminist make you gay?"

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Oh yeah, I've been asked this before when some people tend to notice I usually lean towards women growing and being safer in our society, some of them think I only express myself that way because I don't get sex from women and expect to get some by being "the nice guy". It's funny sometimes because you can tell they're projecting and they have no idea I do have sex regularly, but I don't mention that to them, it's not necessary.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Must be dumb anti-feminist statement day because today at work my coworkers were buzzing around some story about a woman who "Aborted her child because he was gonna be a boy", when i mentioned that it sounded like a made up BS story they all went like "It must be true, you know the feminists of today are crazy!!"

They swear it's easier to believe a "crazy feminist" would abort their baby boy rather than believing this was some made up sensationalist bullshit.

OP
OP
Gustaf

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Must be dumb anti-feminist statement day because today at work my coworkers were buzzing around some story about a woman who "Aborted her child because he was gonna be a boy", when i mentioned that it sounded like a made up BS story they all went like "It must be true, you know the feminists of today are crazy!!"

They swear it's easier to believe a "crazy feminist" would abort their baby boy rather than believing this was some made up sensationalist bullshit.

btw I know you will understand when i tell you he didnt say "gay" he said "joto" lol

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people I know think feminism is just fat hair colored hairy armpit woman shitting in the street naked wanting to cut all the dicks.

Pretty sickening really, I believe anybody who believe that is just a child.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
btw I know you will understand when i tell you he didnt say "gay" he said "joto" lol

Of course they did.

Someone going for that kind of insult wouldn't do less, lol.

A wonder they didn't go all out with "Puto".

Because I like women, don't you? Are you gay or something?

galaxy brained

I did something like this once on a friend's brother who told me i was gay because i kept picking female characters in a fighting game (Bloody Roar), so i was like "I pick girls because i like girls, you picked a big burly wolf guy, what does that mean?"

Next time we played he started picking girl characters.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
People have said this to me somewhat regularly.

They cannot cope with straight men not buying into the patriarchy.

OP
OP
Gustaf

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Of course they did.

Someone going for that kind of insult wouldn't do less, lol.

A wonder they didn't go all out with "Puto".

I did something like this once on a friend's brother who told me i was gay because i kept picking female characters in a fighting game (Bloody Roar), so i was like "I pick girls because i like girls, you picked a big burly wolf guy, what does that mean?"

Next time we played he started picking girl characters.

i have a friend who always gives me shit for picking up female characters, i mean my reason its kinda mysoginist because i tell him, if im going to being looking at someones butt for 30 or 40 hours i would rather be a woman's butt, thank you..

his rebutall is that, it is weird to be fawning over video games characters