• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

invocate

Oct 25, 2017
Orange County, CA
LOL gotta love the logic that loving women makes you gay. but yeah, this mindset is sad. why do they have to frame altruism & regard for people other than yourself as negatives?

OP
OP
Gustaf

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i didnt mention that this was asked because i was defending captain marvel and brie larson

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's annoying dealing with people like that. Sometimes it's not worth the hassle but sometimes it's worth taking a stand. Otherwise change won't happen

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I heard 'these feminists are too extremists' from a girl, then the next week she was at the feminist march taking selfies and being proud of being a woman in social media. argh. a few weeks earlier I was with her at a bar and she was flirting with a guy but didnt kiss him because good girls dont kiss on the first night. The night ended with her pissed that a girl - that she met the same night - didn't want to kiss. I dont even know what to say to her.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just say you want paternity leave, and you can only get that with supporting feminism, you can take it from there.

Or just tell them to fuck off.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not so much a feminist as much as I think it's horse-crap to think less of a person based on gender, race, or religion (unless that religion is Scientology, because what the hell is wrong with you?).

People need to learn to control their damn insecurities, it's petty and sad.

OP
OP
Gustaf

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just say you want paternity leave, and you can only get that with supporting feminism, you can take it from there.

Or just tell them to fuck off.

funny you mention this..

mexico wants to increase to 8 weeks of paternity leave from the 5 days that we have now.

but most people on my job where like "why would a man leave for 2 months for his child? thats what grandmas are for!"

also things like "if you leave your job for 2 months and everything is fine they would fire you"

or "why someone would hire someone who is about to have a child?"

lol

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
"You probably like women so much you suck dick!" is exactly the kind of reasoning you can expect from these deplorables.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
I was walking down the street today and some dude was talking to a couple of friends. I heard him say "This feminism shit is making women act crazy."

Probably just a swell dude all around.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
was literally asked this today.

i understand the upbringing of some people, but i weep for the posibilities of them having daughters, and even worse, sons who will be raised like this
funny you mention this..

mexico wants to increase to 8 weeks of paternity leave from the 5 days that we have now.

but most people on my job where like "why would a man leave for 2 months for his child? thats what grandmas are for!"

also things like "if you leave your job for 2 months and everything is fine they would fire you"

lol

I just knew you were from Mexico. I've been asked the same, or mocked as "they're not gonna fuck with you just because you defend them". I once was asked if I was gay because I DIDN'T hit on a girl whom I was her boss.

It's pretty common here.

Deleted member 2761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Society needs rat catchers because rats are a problem. Society needs feminism because rats are a problem.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
At a place I used to work all the girls thought I was gay cuz I didn't hit on them and wasnt machismo.

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's why you gotta keep it pushing around most of these fuckity fucks. If they're not friends of friends I'm not responding period.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played Deap Valley's "Smile More" at work, a song that includes the line "Yes I am a feminist," and it shocked and upset a number of my coworkers, several of whom are women.

Really incredible how effective the anti-feminist smear campaign over the decades has been. It's convinced people to work against their own self-interests.
I love that song, what a great band.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
funny you mention this..

lol
Oh you mexican? Isnt it weird to see spanish speaking people co-op this anti-progressivepattern of speech? The first time I heard a latino say ESE-DOBLE U-JOTA my mind was blow at the profound stupidity of using language of people that fucking hate your guts. Like this dude at work this morning said that Captain marvel had "not as much feminism as he was expecting", I mean, how do you even measure "feminism"? and this is a gay dude on top of that. Fuck, we are so dumb.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I get this kind of thing from conservative Christians I know (who know I'm secular and left religion) sometimes, and so far I've always successfully shut it down with a snarky version of, "I suppose my weird secular morality means I think I should treat other people the way they would like to be treated and to love my neighbor like myself. I completely understand, as a Christian, why you would reject those values, though," which generally gets them angry and sputtering. (Tough. I'm tired of using kid gloves.)

OP
OP
Gustaf

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh you mexican? Isnt it weird to see spanish speaking people co-op this anti-progressivepattern of speech? The first time I heard a latino say ESE-DOBLE U-JOTA my mind was blow at the profound stupidity of using language of people that fucking hate your guts. Like this dude at work this morning said that Captain marvel had "not as much feminism as he was expecting", I mean, how do you even measure "feminism"? and this is a gay dude on top of that. Fuck, we are so dumb.

yeah i find it really fucking funny how they practically defend people who want to erase from the earth

i actually told them, "no se porque se tomaron tan personal los comentarios de Brie, ni siquiera somos blancos"

mieumieu

Oct 25, 2017
The Farplane
Well yeah I'm a trans woman who's pretty gay but what's the logic in that assumption?

Also because women and girls are good and we should cherish them and see them prosper as their own, not some secondary objectified entity of the men and boys?

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Being a guy and declaring yourself a feminist sounds weird in my head. Like you can say you support feminists. But you cant be one yourself unless you've shared their experiences. Yeah I know I'm probably wrong.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Gustaf

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Being a guy and declaring yourself a feminist sounds weird in my head. Like you can say you support feminists. But you cant be one yourself unless you've shared their experiences. Yeah I know I'm probably wrong.

this is curious thing, because i never declared myself a feminist, they assumed it because i was defending captain marvel

Deleted member 18360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I usually think of feminism as a critical lens or a perspective on ethics. Men can certainly adopt these things, but I think one would expect their conception of it to be less vivid (or more second-hand), which imo still counts.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Uhmmmm no. If you have a daughter, you dont want to live in a society where the people secondize women.

Brenal

Nov 5, 2017
Wow this thread couldnt have came in better moment, im also from MĂ©xico and as result of all protest that surged in the 8th of march the amount of antifeminst sentiments at least in facebook is at an all time high, and the worrying part is that this stuff is being shared by a female friend that i care a lot about , i mean the page is literaly called antifenism. I dont know what to do

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
A lot of people don't see feminism as advocating for equability between genders, or a framework to critique society. They see is as almost a kind of religion, with its own doctrine, dogma, and idols. It's how they can say "I'm against sex discrimination but I'm not a feminist." It's the same as "I believe in a higher power but I'm not religious."

That's just the new face. Before that it was the image of a bra burning, butch looking, man hating lesbian.
It's funny because how many male-targeted hate murders have there been?

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
you know what is worse, women to go along with these dudes just for validation, just for being "one of the guys!"

its like >_>
I played Deap Valley's "Smile More" at work, a song that includes the line "Yes I am a feminist," and it shocked and upset a number of my coworkers, several of whom are women.

Really incredible how effective the anti-feminist smear campaign over the decades has been. It's convinced people to work against their own self-interests.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present ResetEra, the super progressive mega-woke forum where men tell women what their interests are and how to be a proper feminist. Then act bemused when the women don't cooperate.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Sexist and homophobia. A classic pair.

Pro Tip: Using gay panic as a retort is just as bad. (ie. Asking/implying someone is gay because they aren't a feminist/don't like feminine things.) Don't do this.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I consider myself a feminist and all that really means to to me is equal rights for women and them having autonomy over their bodies. I teach my kids that as well. If people think i'm gay then... uh... ok? WGAF?

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
When I called a mutual friend I was playing Call of Duty with out for using the t-slur in reference to Battery (a "butch" woman in the game's roster of characters), he snapped, "what are you, a feminist or something?" The rest of the convo went as follows:
"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be? Feminism benefits women and men."

"I bet you're just doing it because you want p****."

"I have no interest in dating women."

"Then why are you so p****whipped?"
I told my buddy to find better friends, and left the party. In short, OP, you're in the right, but there's no way to talk sense into people set in their ways. They have to feel the consequences of what they wrought before they'll be ready to accept what's best for them.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Ladies and gentlemen, I present ResetEra, the super progressive mega-woke forum where men tell women what their interests are and how to be a proper feminist. Then act bemused when the women don't cooperate.
Needlessly reductive way of thinking. Intersectional feminism is about reducing the overall impact of toxic masculinity, as well as white and male privilege. White privilege blinds people of different social classes and gender identities to their lack of privilege in other corners of society. In fact, it's the modus operandi of right wing politics to convince impoverished white people (women among them) that their "enemies" lie elsewhere; misdirection, in other words, which a good portion of intersectional feminism focuses on addressing.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

If you follow the history of shit the feminists of the old days got for women that they take for granted, you would know that at least women should be GRATEFUL for the existence of feminism.

Like I said before, it is not mansplaining because mansplaining includes something the women would obviously know, but if a woman is hating on feminist there are 2 options

1) She hates freedom, loves being marriage raped, wants to be considered a 2nd rate human and loose basic human rights.
2) She does not know what feminism is.

Trust me, nobody fits number 1.