• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That is a problem for me, on the daily you'll see threads for the stupidest reasons regarding the Switch (how has the Switch rejuvenated your love for gaming? *eyes roll into the stratosphere*). Yet i create a thread stating facts (not my opinion) about the PS4 being the best selling console in the years 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 and some Switch/Xbone guys shit up the thread and manage to get it closed?... why?, granted (and i put this in bold letters) perhaps my comment about "the hype for the other consoles seems to have made some people forget... or something" was a bit too much, but it was just a playful jab, i don't think that it warranted for the thread to be closed. The reason for that thread was to celebrate Playstation's 4 success in the past few years, that some users got their panties in a bunch (over the thruth go figure) and somehow managed to get it closed down is worrying.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you going to make a thread asking why this topic was closed as well?

Maybe PM a mod about it?

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
That is a problem for me, on the daily you'll see threads for the stupidest reasons regarding the Switch (how has the Switch rejuvenated your love for gaming? *eyes roll into the stratosphere*). Yet i create a thread stating facts (not my opinion) about the PS4 being the best selling console in the years 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 and some Switch/Xbone guys shit up the thread and manage to get it closed?... why?, granted (and i put this in bold letters) perhaps my comment about "the hype for the other consoles seems to have made some people forget... or something" was a bit too much, but it was just a playful jab, i don't think that it warranted for the thread to be closed. The reason for that thread was to celebrate Playstation's 4 success in the past few years, that some users got their panties in a bunch (over the thruth go figure) and somehow managed to get it closed down is worrying.

You already know why it was closed and bolded it . Why create another thread for this?

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like you started some console war bait thread and that got closed? I'm pretty sure no one cares if you make a thread about the success of your preferred console, but to do that in retaliation of other people enjoying their console of choice sounds very pretty and I can see why the thread would be locked

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
This place is quickly getting a rep for Nintendo haven, but I assume it's just a temporary thing because Switch is breaking records and WiiU was a disappointment. It does seem like Switch threads are the dominate discussion here, but I'd say give it some time to pass, every console has its day. I for one, would just like the colors changed to something more neutral personally.

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Clearly all the mods and admins have some serious Nintendo bias.
/s

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, do you remember how fever-pitch PS4 threads would get back on the old site from 2014-2016? Pot, kettle.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Threads about whining get closed too. If you really wanted an answer, you could have message a moderator.

treasureyez

Nov 23, 2017
That is a problem for me, on the daily you'll see threads for the stupidest reasons regarding the Switch (how has the Switch rejuvenated your love for gaming? *eyes roll into the stratosphere*).[...] "the hype for the other consoles seems to have made some people forget... or something"

You are really bad at helping others take you seriously.

Threads with an actual perspective are allowed to remain. Switch is not only popular, but topical and frequently in the news, which generally generates plenty of threads. If Sony wants to do a PR run on sales, you can bet you'll see the results here. Seems to me your thread was closed because it was made out of spite.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
This place is quickly getting a rep for Nintendo haven, but I assume it's just a temporary thing because Switch is breaking records and WiiU was a disappointment.
Some of it is also probably due to Nintendo's longevity and nostalgia — it's hard to have a thread about life in the 16-bit era or earlier that won't touch on Nintendo in one way or another.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a brand new console that's selling really well. Not only that, but the Wii U got rightfully shit on on Gaf when it was a thing. PS4 and XB1 are well into their respective life cycles, so that's died down.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
What are examples of these Switch threads? What are examples of closed other console threads?

PS4 was the best in 2017? Nice, it's a beast. Figured it was Switch, saw a lot of records threads on Switch lately.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yet this is the same place where people trashtalk 3DS non-stop and get no warnings. It's not like it's a Nintendo bias, but more of a case-by-case thing. I probably wouldn't close your thread anyway, it seemed mostly playful.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's a new console and people are excited about it. Just give it time. I'm pretty sure PS5 and Xbox One XxSkullxX will get the same hype threads when they release

Oct 25, 2017
I can't speak for your previous thread as I didn't read it, but I'm really not seeing this anti - Sony grievance that this thread seems to be implying. Celebrating the features of one console =/= putting down other platforms.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Switch and more specifically Nintendo are the underdogs
Playstation/Sony doesn't need the additional praise, they are on top and have been forever

Does that really need that much explanation?

Oct 25, 2017
Switch is still fairly new so there are a lot of core gamers that haven't gotten it which results in threads.
PS4 is going to be like 4-5 years old soon. It had its time with everyone going crazy over it

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This place is quickly getting a rep for Nintendo haven, but I assume it's just a temporary thing because Switch is breaking records and WiiU was a disappointment. It does seem like Switch threads are the dominate discussion here, but I'd say give it some time to pass, every console has its day. I for one, would just like the colors changed to something more neutral personally.
Purple is a great color

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There was no meat to your thread. It was just "PlayStation videos say that at the end". Okay? Where did you want the conversation to go? The Switch threads you're talking about have more meat to them and no console-warry sentences in the OP, simple as that.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Switch is literally the only good video game system ever created. Everything else is worse than shit. I don't even need a laptop, phone, or television anymore.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Were you in the old site when PS4 released ?
It was the exact same thing.
Let people appreciate and ignore if you don't like, that's all.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
What's wrong with purple?

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When PS5 receives tons of praise in the form of multiple topics in the coming years, I expect you to be very upset about it. If not, that wouldn't be a very good look.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
I believe more threads on Switch come up because it is innovating more and is still fresh. XBONE had it's fair share of hype with X, but now what have they got? A bunch of patches. That's not exciting I guess.... And PS4 has its weekly sales threads and also GOW, MH DS... So idk, I dont feel like OP. I think everyone's got their space here.

Oct 27, 2017

I'm assuming it'll temper down at some point, since it's still all just a bit over the top at the moment (still not sure what was going on with that mini direct thing the other week).

But even at the other site for a long while, we'd get many threads a week talking about how the Switch was a gift from the heavens and every game was inherently better on the platform. Pretty sure the mods had to clamp down on them, from what I can recall.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
If you have a complaint, please PM a moderator or admin. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.