• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Nice try Sanji lol

But who'd buy Days Gone when TLOU Remastered is already out on PS4 hm explain that :thinking:

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
This the place that predictions lead to believing destiny 1&2 would bomb, horizon would flop and gg never made a good game, every single Ubisoft title this gen would bomb, yea no...never take this community seriously for this stuff

Its ironic how people in this forum mock and laugh at Pachter bad predictions yet most of the people in this place are not much better.

Oct 27, 2017
Game will review around 75-80 MC but will sell way more then Dreams thats gonna do 95+ MC.

People want zombies and shooting.

:(

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
the only hard evidence you have is the 10M views it got for the first gameplay demo, but you neglect to mention how the second demo at E3 2017 had a massive drop to the 2M view range.

All the metrics for Sony's trailers at E3 2017 is not reflective of the actual interest level, as Sony fucked up in uploading the official videos late, and a lot of alternate channels who posted theirs up earlier got a ton of views.

Back in 2017, when I did the metrics assessment for the top performing trailers at E3 2017 for the first week, Days Gone's aggregrate numbers were around 6 million, which was a 40% drop.

DCllsE1UIAAfYnz.jpg

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Such snark and cynicism in this thread. I can't really say I'm surprised but it's still disheartening to see nonetheless. Some of y'all need to understand that it's perfectly fine if you don't post in a thread if you have nothing of actual worth/value to contribute. No need to seek to discredit the enthusiasm people show for a video game.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Its my most anticipated game this year with a firm release date. More than KH, Resi2 or Sekiro, which actually surprised me... but there's just something about this game than draws me.

Oct 26, 2017
Such snark and cynicism in this thread. I can't really say I'm surprised but it's still disheartening to see nonetheless. Some of y'all need to understand that it's perfectly fine if you don't post in a thread if you have nothing of actual worth/value to contribute. No need to seek to discredit the enthusiasm people show for a video game.

Okay, but.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I sure hope so cause I got some ppl to call out than hell they in here now

I do work professionally in digital marketing, and yes that OP definitely sounds like a marketer trying to sell me a game.
The use of 'gamers will enjoy this' 'to keep you playing for hours' 'it has caught the attention of many' is all marketing tone. It's all very impersonal, and comes off as an advertisement.

If you aren't in the field, consider it. Because it looks like you have a natural knack for it.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017

I mean there's some religious cult in tlou2 apparently gutting ppl what's the problem
I do work professionally in digital marketing, and yes that OP definitely sounds like a marketer trying to sell me a game.
The use of 'gamers will enjoy this' 'to keep you playing for hours' 'it has caught the attention of many' is all marketing talk.

If you aren't in the field, consider it. Because it looks like you have a natural knack for it.
Well got my own catering business so I hope I'm good at it ;)

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I really feel like this one isn't going to meet expectations in many regards. Since it's unveiling it always had this air of a game that will be forgotten the moment another AAA title comes out. A huge "Preorder Now!" push beforehand, a good amount of PR, then forgotten after a wave of mediocre reviews and Let's Plays.

I don't wish ill will on it or anything and I hope it does well, but the vibe has always seemed a bit off to me. It feels "late", if that makes any sense.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I think the game will fare well commercially. 5+ million lifetime sales is quite feasible. I accepted long ago that zombies will always be 'in' and a major boon for a game's sales prospects, no matter how sick and tired I may be of them. Critically, I can see some members of the press being as sniffy towards the game as your regular ResetEra naysayer. The game just does not look that interesting quite frankly, and it's going to get called out plenty on its overly-familiar premise/tone/features. I'm sure it'll play well on a mechanical level and have some satisfying action set-pieces involving hordes of enemies, but expect some reviewers to grill it heavily for its safe nature.

Put in my Metacritic score prediction for 74-75.

Zelda avatars. Why do they always have Zelda avatars.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I'm still so disappointed that this is what Bend is putting out after years and years of silence. I was expecting an actual horror game, I got meandering open worlds. I would've been happy with a new Syphon Filter, I got generic beard guys and zombies. Literally nothing about the gameplay looks appealing or fun, it just looks like a complete and utter waste of time and energy.

I expected so much more out of Bend than behind-the-curve trend chasing. "Dead Rising, minus the fun parts" is just not a good look.
But..it has hordes!

Yeah, I'm not into it either, every other Sony first party has something to make it interesting, this has..nothing.

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The OP was vapid, rambling praise that has just as much value as the rest of the posts in this thread - cynicism or not.

snapcracken

Oct 25, 2017
All the metrics for Sony's trailers at E3 2017 is not reflective of the actual interest level, as Sony fucked up in uploading the official videos late, and a lot of alternate channels who posted theirs up earlier got a ton of views.

Back in 2017, when I did the metrics assessment for the top performing trailers at E3 2017 for the first week, Days Gone's aggregrate numbers were around 6 million, which was a 40% drop.

DCllsE1UIAAfYnz.jpg
that's a fair point, but even then that's a pretty massive drop. both god of war and spider-man, as shown in your chart, are well above that, and those would go on to have incredibly good reviews. whereas days gone seems to be previewing pretty poorly from the few impressions i've seen/heard/read. which is why i personally am thinking the game will probably do decent--it's a first party ps4 game with relatively good youtube views--but maybe not on the level of horizon and the other sony exclusives.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
ehh can't say i've been really impressed by this game (other than the rather large hordes of enemies) since the first reveal. i also really dislike the art direction in this game, there's some decent tech behind it (UE4 iirc) but the lighting manages to look so flat all the time.

Rotimi

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Jos , Nigeria
Dont see it making any waves critically, i think it will review well, Sales wise it could do great numbers but I dont see it breaking any New IP record.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
ERA is terrible at judging the popularity of games. If people really think a AAA post apocolytpic open world Zombie game with the backing of a top tier developer/publisher won't sell well, then they're clearly delusional and don't know what the market wants.

Screenshot I shamelessly stole
image0.png

It also has one of the highest view counts for their Game Informer coverage videos on youtube.
UsTF59E.jpg

Two of the top 5 videos on Game Informer are for Days Gone.

Great thread and I agree.

Number of views on GIs YT channel isnt going to indicate how well the game is reviewed or received tho, it just tells that ppl click on Sonys first party games on that channel, also someone can click a video and not like it or intend to buy it

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
They really thought Days Gone was a better name than Dead Don't Ride and that alone secures me to never purchase this game.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
that's a fair point, but even then that's a pretty massive drop. both god of war and spider-man, as shown in your chart, are well above that, and those would go on to have incredibly good reviews. whereas days gone seems to be previewing pretty poorly from the few impressions i've seen/heard/read. which is why i personally am thinking the game will probably do decent--it's a first party ps4 game with relatively good youtube views--but maybe not on the level of horizon and the other sony exclusives.

God of War was 20 million at E3 2016.
Dropped to around 10-12 million at E3 2017.

Spider-Man was around 35-40 million at E3 2017.
Dropped to around 15 million at E3 2018.

Games trailers often peak at their first full-length gameplay reveal and subsequently drops. A lot of consumers are fine with seeing the game one time only, which is why the first showing matters a lot. If you lose em there, you lose em forever.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I mean, I'm a sucker for zombie games/movies/series, yet I can't understand why everything must be a franchise.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
It might do well, it has characteristics that should help its popularity like being open world, zombies are still popular, and it has a pretty good technology looking behind it

So I think the potential is there. I am not sure if I'm interested personally, for now I'm not, but I hope it does well for the studio because it looks like they worked really hard on it and it does have a lot of cool aspects

I really like the horde technology from the original demos

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the end i think its open wolrd design and gameplay-systems will make the difference between a 75%+ game and a 85% game.

The devs have talked about over 1000 random events in the open world and how the weather and other physics will change the gameplay. THen there's teh whole guiding the horde through traps and stuff to slow it down/ thin it out. If that works as intended we're going to see something really fantastic.

I sure hope it's going to deliver and for now i stil believe in Bend.

Oct 25, 2017
Number of views on GIs YT channel isnt going to indicate how well the game is reviewed or received tho, it just tells that ppl click on Sonys first party games on that channel, also someone can click a video and not like it or intend to buy it
Well, reviews aren't the end all be all either. Ghost Wildlands is at a 70 meta (PS4 version with the most reviews) and it was one of the best selling games of 2017.

It is more about if it can align with an audience. The very high YT views partially indicate that it probably will.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Looks like the Last of Us for those of us who don't like the Last of Us. More action, less stealth and hopefully some sort of heavy emphasis on survival mechanics.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
It's definitely gonna be known for worst shotguns in gaming. Not sure about next big franchise though.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Only blind faith has worth/value?

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Hell yeah! Finally someone made the thread, I've almost made one myself for a looong time. Can't wait to play this game and honestly I believe it'll do amazing both critically and money wise.

Lets see!

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game will review around 75-80 MC but will sell way more then Dreams thats gonna do 95+ MC.

People want zombies and shooting.

:(
You've seen the latest stream highlighting some beta created levels?

If that's any indication, it's GoTY material and possibly a game changer.

That first person level where you open the window and the sky slowly morphs into Van Gogh's starry night or that clever precision puzzle game where you need to jump on floor tiles in a way that matches patterns on the wall or that plarformer where you have full control over time and so you constantly remix the level as you play... and that's just 2 weeks worth.

I mean holy shit what will people make given more time?

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
No one is saying this game will review well. Because if it isn't 99 on MC era won't like it i guess. The same forum that think's Mairah Carey is a good singer.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Well, reviews aren't the end all be all either. Ghost Wildlands is at a 70 meta (PS4 version with the most reviews) and it was one of the best selling games of 2017.

It is more about if it can align with an audience. The very high YT views partially indicate that it probably will.

Sure, sure, and this so far certainly has better potential than, say, Order 1886 to become a big thing for Sony just with what theyve shown so far

Oct 27, 2017
You've seen the latest stream highlighting some beta created levels?

If that's any indication, it's GoTY material and possibly a game changer.

That first person level where you open the window and the sky slowly morphs into Van Gogh's starry night or that clever precision puzzle game where you need to jump on floor tiles in a way that matches patterns on the wall or that plarformer where you have full control over time and so you constantly remix the level as you play... and that's just 2 weeks worth.

I mean holy shit what will people make given more time?
I know :) i'm in the beta and love it so much. But GOTY and amazing reviews doesnt mean sales sadly.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
It's funny going back to those Horizon threads with people saying it was gonna be the most disappointing game of 2017. I don't know how this will perform critically, but Gaf/Era is clearly way off the mark sometimes.
I imagine the majority of posts are either pure fanboying or sarky posts. No one with an ounce of brain power could genuinely believe it could fail at least commercially - you're playing as Ygritte in an open-world game complete with bow and Dinosaur mounts. It couldn't be more by the numbers or culturally relevant.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
The game has had pretty good exposure and stayed relevant since its reveal and Sony's marketing has been on point this gen especially closer to release. And the ps4 install base is just too huge for it not to do at least decently in sales.

Compared to State of Decay 2, another zombie game that was largely forgotten from reveal to release, with generally negative impressions from previews and almost zero marketing close to release. That game just disappeared into thin air after release.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
days gone looks a lot more fun than CD3 IMO, CrackDown 3 looks like a janky mess and i really dislike the direction the multiplayer (where the basic pitch sounded amazing, and instead turned bad because of auto aim).

and they were absolutely wrong about Horizon, spiderman and every other upcoming PS4 game since 2016 so who knows.

Have you played Crackdown 2? Lock on, since it's not technically auto aim, is necessary. Otherwise no one would be killing anyone. When you've got jet packs jumping and other movement options lock on is mandatory. Crackdown multiplayer is about positioning and movement, not aiming and headshots.

To your other points, Horizon was mostly about it not looking like an RPG, and the the BOTW comparisons, which imo are valid. Personally with Spider-Man I said it should've been multiplatform and it would've sold more. I stand by that but know why it didn't happen (Disney pulled out of the games industry in 2016).

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Ya I'm skeptical, nothing I've seen has intrigued me or has looked fun about this game. Games have gone over my head before though only for reviews to drop and it's an apparent hit. Could happen here and I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I just don't think that Sony will allow Bend Studio another project that will take this much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.