• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Unless it reviews poorly then it's going to sell very well. Won't do God of War or Spider-Man numbers but I can see it doing 5m+ without much problem given a warm critical reception.

Deleted member 1607

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its the shittiest looking game releasing this year but it will sell well because sony fans don't have any other cinematic games releasing this year

Kingdom Hearts 3 looks far, far worse. The trailers for that game have been embarrassing. And I'm not even excited for Days Gone.
giphy.gif

Bless up

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I'm a PlayStation owner but I think people like PlayStation a bit too much...

Open world zombie game is cool but It doesn't look too interesting to me.

HELL YEAH
ResetEra is going to learn to respect the name Days Gone
80+ Meta, top 10 on NPD for 2019, bigger than RE2, Sekiro, and DMCV
Don't @ me

This is legit funny. I love it.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Why does the OP read like a weird vague PR piece
Got this exact same impression as I was reading it. Not saying you're necessarily doing wrong, OP, but your opener reads like you learned English from watching E3 conferences.

Days Gone isn't exciting me yet (and it seems like a few others), but I'm sure it has time to impress as we close in on release.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
The story looks awful and the world looks very generic, but it will sell very well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think the footage they've shown since the initial reveal hasn't been all that exciting, but moreso because of the muted visual palette on display and graphics, while nice, aren't competing with the biggest boys in the AAA industry. Also, the whole Biker theme doesn't do much for me.

That said, I do expect the story to be by far the strongest aspect to the game. And it's for this reason I expect the game to launch to strong reviews and quickly become a bit of a sleeper hit.

Also, people just freaking love zombies.

Since Dying Light, I've been pining for a good open world zombie game and Days Gone looks like a really novel take on the formula with its Freaker hordes and the kinds of intense dynamic gameplay situations they're certain to create.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
I hope so. It seems like a game that has a lot of potential for fun and exhilarating gameplay, plus Sam is a great lead actor.

The guys at Bend, at least in their interviews, seem really passionate but somewhat nervous about the game. I would be too when its my biggest game ever, but I get the feeling they'll figure it out.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
What I played at PAX Aus was pretty good.

Or sure whether that will translate to it becoming a massive hit or anything, but I didn't mind what I played. Gameplay/gunplay felt better than what Naughty Dog generally puts out.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Got this exact same impression as I was reading it. Not saying you're necessarily doing wrong, OP, but your opener reads like you learned English from watching E3 conferences.

Days Gone isn't exciting me yet (and it seems like a few others), but I'm sure it has time to impress as we close in on release.
Stop with this bs its insulting as hell.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
That said, I do expect the story to be by far the strongest aspect to the game. And it's for this reason I expect the game to launch to strong reviews and quickly become a bit of a sleeper hit.
Nothing I have seen has led me to think anything other than the opposite of that tbh, the only parts I see being strong is the technical side and maybe the core gameplay.

THIJJ

Oct 26, 2017
Not seeing it.

I'm hoping it's good, but it seems so incredibly bland from previews.

Oct 25, 2017
It'll sell well.

It just looks like a bland as hell open world zombie game with no personality.

REmake 2 is going to eat this for breakfast

Mr Moot

May 10, 2018
Annecy, France
That thread reminds me all Xbox related thread 2013 - this day (thus it's less and less true). Hyperbole everywhere! I have fun reading this.

I don't think we should compare it to Horizon. Horizon has something more unique that one more zombie apocalypse open world with generic characters.

I think Days Gone would do well even if reviews are mixed. I've no interest in it but you know, things change, and I'm that weirdo that bought a PS4 pro solely for VR, hadn't touch any big game expect U4.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I'm sure it will sell decently, being big console exclusive and all. But I don't think we will remember it much in ten years or so.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Yup, sleeper hit of 2019.

this game can´t be a sleeper hit by definition...it´s a AAA game fueled by millions of dollars and developed by a first party Sony studio, this will get tons of advertising before release, how can this be a "sleeper hit"?

a sleeper hit is usually something which isn´t really advertised and shows in the long run that it is a success, a sleeper hit also doesn´t have strong sales at first..which is the opposite of literally every AAA game in nowadays market, they all have high sales at first which drop off after a time

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it'll do fine. It's a Sony first party title. By default it's going to perform well on it's sole platform. It doesn't look all that interesting to me, though.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Don't know about it being the next big thing for Sony, but I'm sure it'll sell well.

- Third person action adventure game which usually goes down well with a large audience
- Zombies might be overplayed but they're still popular, Walking Dead appeal etc.
- Might get some Last of Us fans onboard to tide them over
- People inexplicably love Sons of Anarchy
- It's an exclusive

Yeah, it'll do fine.

It looks thoroughly uninteresting to me personally but hopefully the final game turns out well.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My prediction is 80-85 MC, and Horizon sales numbers (probably more).
I'm mainly interested in it because the world looks amazing and I think that on a technical level this game will be only second to RDR2 (maybe even better than that, we'll have to wait and see :P) and it's an original concept (bikers gangs in zombie apocalypse) and supposedly very story driven with dynamic gameplay so I'm in. Expecting a solid 8/10 game myself.

Dec 28, 2018
I can't help but feel that this game gets way to much hate on this site. Like I understand if you find it generic or whatever, but to act like it's not a well made game even after having so many previews come out is just plain silly. Though despite the negative view of this game on era, I think it will sell pretty well. And while I'm not the most interested in open world games I do like zombie games so I'll probably pick it up.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Zombies and biker culture, two things i can't stand, it's like the developers looked at what was popular at the time and focus tested it "sons of anarchy and the walking dead is popular amongst the 18-35 demographic, let's make a game to cash in on it."

The game seems well made and it's a sony exclusive so it will probably sell well enough.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It looks good, it's a single player story driven game, it's open world, it has massive hordes of zombie like creatures, it's got motorbikes, it's gonna do just fine.

It probably won't be Sony's best exclusive this gen and probably won't be the best selling exclusive but pretty sure it will still be a 80+ game and sell very well.

I'm really looking forward to it.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
I think it'll sell just fine due to it being "zombies" and PS4 having such a large base, but I think it'll review below Spider-Man and just get ok/good but not great reviews.

The moment to moment gameplay shown during previews and such just hasn't done it for me.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3 months away and you're already running damage control.
Not damage control, just an observation. The game's biggest criticism thus far is that it doesn't do anything new. There are plenty of games that don't do anything new but they aren't singled out for it. I'd like for reviewers to be more transparent and to hold all games to a universal standard that doesn't change because they have a love of a certain game or if it's a big name franchise being reviewed. Lastly, there's no need for me to do damage control, my opinions expressed in this thread won't be heard by the masses of potential customers outside of here, nor will they impact their spending habits and I have a sneaking suspicion that the game will sell well regardless of how it reviews.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I've thought it looked worse every time I've seen it since e3 2016.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
I'll hold my judgement once the game is out. So far, the only thing this game attracts me is the open world mechanic. Not many zombie survivor games out there that has open world as big as this game, other than State of Decay.

Redowl

Oct 30, 2017
New York City
I don't think this game will be super huge but I hope it does well. People saying, "meh, another zombie game." Looks fun so far but not something I'd rush out and pay $60 for. It's got zombies and motorcycles -- I'm still sold!

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it'll do 5+ million lifetime. The floor for AAA Sony cinematic games is clearly a lot higher now. At a minimum, it'd probably do over 2 million even if the game was horrible, and I kind of doubt it'll be anything less than decent off the game-play alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.