• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
It will sell well.

Still looks like the most bland game releasing next year. First Sony first party game i wont be picking up day 1.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
My issues with the game from what I've seen:

1. The story stuff and tone are like... super fucking terrible. The "Rest in Peace Cult" is embarrassingly bad writing.

2. The shooting looks super dull and nowhere close to other AAA shooters.

3. I'm not sure they've shown interesting gameplay mechanics for actually dealing with hordes of enemies.
What do you mean for 1? Have any videos? I'm morbidly interested.

Oct 26, 2018
Lol hordes. One zombie in Return of The Living Dead was a threat. These zombies need to posse up to deal with one hobo. "More is more bruh!" Right.

But seriously, it will probably make it's money back, but who knows beyond that. I'm not even sure what people consider a huge seller. is 5 million huge when there are games that have sold 50 million copies and there are hundreds of millions of consoles/PCs out there? Or is it relative to budget, genre, hype level, etc.?

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DAYS GONE will be an easy 10M+ life time seller. 85+ rating on Open Critic. Will be #1 for April NPD despite it only being a week or so if I remember correctly.

By far my most anticipated game and has been since E3 2016. Days Gone will be the best open world zombie game of all fucking time (well, until the sequel) because unlike the State of Decay 2's, DayZ's, Overkill's TWD, Dead Rising and what ever others are out there, Days Gone will actually have an amazing story, narrative and characters to go along with it's great gameplay, combat and visuals. Combining the zombie horde infested world with a Sons of Anarchy type protagonist and group is going to be so damn good. Can't wait!!!

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HELL YEAH
ResetEra is going to learn to respect the name Days Gone
80+ Meta, top 10 on NPD for 2019, bigger than RE2, Sekiro, and DMCV
Don't @ me

This forum acts so strangely around some companies. I'm not "respecting" a piece of media due to its commercial success? Oh wow, it sold SO much more than those other 3 games? And all it had was unlimited money and one of the world's biggest publishers, creating one of the safest new IPs in years.

If commercial success was all this forum cared about, then why does it constantly bash Fortnite, Ninja, COD, FIFA and various companies' microtransactions?

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
Every single second of the game I've watched has looked contrived and generic. People love dumb zombie shit though so you're probably right.

remanutd

Oct 29, 2017
New York
Not my cup of tea, never liked Zombie and sport games, not even fifa or The Last of Us but hey i hope they do well, i really love Bend's work on the psp, it was fantastic. Besides these guys are my only option to develop a very good console Resistance game in case Insomniac dont want to revisit the franchise.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Inflammatory accusation, history of hostility.
Were you paid by Sony or something op? It sure reads like it.

Oct 26, 2017
We need to talk about the fact that Days Gone's main baddies are people who carve "RIP" into their foreheads and then try to do that to other people.

How did this get past the marketing execs and artists.

Who decided "yes, this won't cause infinite eyerolls and isn't Shadow the Hedgehog edgy"

Who made these decisions.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for hoping it ends up being great. I won't say no to an amazing new IP. But I hope the side content is worth it. Because open world titles for me live and die on customization (outfits, armor, gear, weapons, i guess the bike in this case), exploration and side content quality. If the side content isn't run of the mill repeating generic missions but actually those with writing ala Witcher then awesome. I have not heard if there is any customization on the main character or gear you can upgrade so I'm hoping there is. As for exploration, I hope they put effort into making me care to explore.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I'm just not sure why you're focusing on view counts and what "catches eyes" instead of actually showing off the mechanics.
He's not talking about Days Gone being a GOTY contender or making a 90+ Meta, the thread's premise is about it being Sony's next big franchise
Don't see why bringing up viewer count means that OP is astroturfing or whatever, I'd actually want those numbers since they help indicate consumer interest

Kumomeme

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Malaysia
i believe it will get good review

people probably bit sceptical due to the similiarity gameplay wit tlou+open world+zombi (which is something become common)/

but seeing Sony first party studio track record pretty good until now

and i already convinced it will had great gameplay

only the question if the storyline will be decent or better

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
It's going to depend heavily on how Sony handle it. They seem to have their tentpole titles (The Last of Us, God of War) which get absolutely tons of exposure and then they have everything else (Gravity Rush, Everybody's Golf) which they just kinda throw out.

I feel like Days Gone is meandering between both categories. It's been treated like a tentpole and it's also been treated like "just another" game in the portfolio. I'm not sure they know what to do with it.

Days Gone got two major E3 showcases. It's skipped E3 2018, but prior to that it's got a major GI blowout and based off the content that we saw in the GI-demos, there's nothing there that'd make for an interesting 3rd E3 showing. Also, as far as global trade event goes, Days Gone always gets a lot of playable kiosk and stations.

Even at Days Gone's lowest, it's never been treated like 'just another' game, because Sony's definition of 'just another' game in their portfolio is to literally just put out its announcement trailer on a random day one month before E3 with zero fanfare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjKY8K-g7rk

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
He's not talking about Days Gone being a GOTY contender or making a 90+ Meta, the thread's premise is about it being Sony's next big franchise
Don't see why bringing up viewer count means that OP is astroturfing or whatever, I'd actually want those numbers since they help indicate consumer interest
Which is why I'm confused about some of the posts lol made it clear what I was talking about now how you "feel" about a game

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
This forum acts so strangely around some companies. I'm not "respecting" a piece of media due to its commercial success? Oh wow, it sold SO much more than those other 3 games? And all it had was unlimited money and one of the world's biggest publishers, creating one of the safest new IPs in years.

If commercial success was all this forum cared about, then why does it constantly bash Fortnite, Ninja, COD, FIFA and various companies' microtransactions?

Sony is my friend do not besmirch their name

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Were you paid by Sony or something op? It sure reads like it.
can i understand why does making a thread telling people that a game looks interesting instantly means he is working in PR? i know the OP and he is definitely not a sony PR person. are we now going to call every OP for hype thread for a new game a PR person?

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Low 80s are the new 60s, apparently.

I mean, they are. 8 is now the average score for a decent-good game. 70s meta is now generally kept for thoroughly mediocre games, and outright glitched messes go lower.

This isn't me following some odd scale. It's simply how game reviewers rate games nowadays. We can stop pretending 50s are still 'average' considering nothing short of trash goes that low.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Its going to do better than what the internet would have you believe but its certainly not their biggest.

It's going to be certainly more bigger than most would think. Its the first Sony exclusive that I've seen appear on my Facebook feed (that's not promoted) that has millions of views. There was a post not long ago about wanting to play this game and on the comments section were folks stating it was Playstation exclusive. The overall sentiment about it was positive.

The video had 34 million views in Facebook months ago.

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who decided "yes, this won't cause infinite eyerolls and isn't Shadow the Hedgehog edgy"

Who made these decisions.

uv59kfx2dwy01.jpg

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
can i understand why does making a thread telling people that a game looks interesting instantly means he is working in PR? i know the OP and he is definitely not a sony PR person. are we now going to call every OP for hype thread for a new game a PR person?
I sure hope so cause I got some ppl to call out than hell they in here now

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is a reason this game has received multiple delays and then was purposely pushed out of a competitive release window - some people in this forum can't seem to connect the dots

snapcracken

Oct 25, 2017
your op is a bunch of "i think this game is cool and here's a bunch of ramblings to say why"

the only hard evidence you have is the 10M views it got for the first gameplay demo, but you neglect to mention how the second demo at E3 2017 had a massive drop to the 2M view range.

while i do think there is the potential for this game to break out--far cry 5 certainly did, despite the middling reception in most "hardcore" gaming circles--treating it as a fact or as a certainty strikes me as a bit overzealous, and complaining that other people on era don't hold that opinion is making me give your post huge side-eye.

zombies as a video game genre has been played out pretty hard over last gen and the beginning of this gen, to the point where people are sorta just tired of the concept. however, it's been a few years since the concept was seeing dozens of games a year devoted to it, so maybe we've reached the other side of the valley where people are okay with zombie stuff again, hard to say.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another Days Gone thread bringing them low quality drivebys yikesyikesyikes!1!

Game's probably gonna do well. If I learned nothing else from Horizon's release, it's that the loudest blowhards in this community tend to be wrong pretty much every time when it comes to anything related to Sony first party games.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
There is a reason this game has received multiple delays and then was purposely pushed out of a competitive release window - some people in this forum can't seem to connect the dots
we were already told by insiders on the forum the game was actually ahead of schedule. most of these delays were because of the launch period being stacked.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
2 things after skimming through the GI video

Nighttime is way too bright. How can "survival" games still get this wrong. Look at dragon's dogma or even to a lesser extent Dying Light. Use that.

No difficulty settings to make sure the game is hard will just mean the game is piss easy especially after the first few hours.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
No way. At least Crackdown 3 looks fun to play.
days gone looks a lot more fun than CD3 IMO, CrackDown 3 looks like a janky mess and i really dislike the direction the multiplayer (where the basic pitch sounded amazing, and instead turned bad because of auto aim).

Then again they were on point with The Order so who knows
and they were absolutely wrong about Horizon, spiderman and every other upcoming PS4 game since 2016 so who knows.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Days Gone got two major E3 showcases. It's skipped E3 2018, but prior to that it's got a major GI blowout and based off the content that we saw in the GI-demos, there's nothing there that'd make for an interesting 3rd E3 showing. Also, as far as global trade event goes, Days Gone always gets a lot of playable kiosk and stations.

Even at Days Gone's lowest, it's never been treated like 'just another' game, because Sony's definition of 'just another' game in their portfolio is to literally just put out its announcement trailer on a random day one month before E3 with zero fanfare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjKY8K-g7rk

I don't know. I agree with you, but I still feel like it's meandering between the two. It doesn't feel like they're going to push it like they did, say, Horizon to me. But that's just my opinion.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
days gone looks a lot more fun than CD3 IMO, CrackDown 3 looks like a janky mess and i really dislike the direction the multiplayer (where the basic pitch sounded amazing, and instead turned bad because of auto aim).
Have you seen the shooting mechanics and gameplay of Days Gone? You can easily say it's a janky mess too

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still so disappointed that this is what Bend is putting out after years and years of silence. I was expecting an actual horror game, I got meandering open worlds. I would've been happy with a new Syphon Filter, I got generic beard guys and zombies. Literally nothing about the gameplay looks appealing or fun, it just looks like a complete and utter waste of time and energy.

I expected so much more out of Bend than behind-the-curve trend chasing. "Dead Rising, minus the fun parts" is just not a good look.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I think it looks fairly bland, and really don't see why they felt the need for another first-party zombie franchise.

I wish they'd gone with Syphon Filter instead tbh. The PSP games were fantastic, and the idea of what they could have done for that franchise with a AAA budget is tantalising. And considering that Metal Gear is dead and Splinter Cell is MIA...this would have been the perfect timing to drop a first-party spy stealth game.

Status
Not open for further replies.