• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I tried logging in and it says the feature is no longer available so I'm assuming it's not coming back. Why though?

I had to check my password managet for my password and I'm still waiting for that 2F verification code.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
On top of that any word on when they will start supporting Safari as a browser again? I can't seem to log into my account on my new MacBook.

Deleted member 44122

On top of that any word on when they will start supporting Safari as a browser again? I can't seem to log into my account on my new MacBook.
brave browser hasnt worked for a few weeks now either. same problem with trying to add your account in gog galaxy 2

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017

This also seems to happen every so often with iOS updates, the store website suddenly becomes unsupported for a bit and then they fix whatever it is eventually.

I'd love to know what in the world is so special about the website though that it just won't work suddenly with certain browsers. If you have the PS app on your phone it will however load it inside the app and work fine for a bit.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
This also seems to happen every so often with iOS updates, the store website suddenly becomes unsupported for a bit and then they fix whatever it is eventually.

I'd love to know what in the world is so special about the website though that it just won't work suddenly with certain browsers. If you have the PS app on your phone it will however load it inside the app and work fine for a bit.

IIRC it has to do with the recent privacy tracking updates in Safari. Something about Sony setting cookies using a non-PS domain, which Safari has an issue with as it doesn't originate on a PS domain.

So basically easier for Sony to block it for now than to fix the issue.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Even disabling blocking cross-site tracking in Brave doesn't allow you to sign into PSN. I had to install Firefox again for when I want to access the PSN.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no problem signing into PSN on my mobile phone through Safari.

I allow cookies and cross-site tracking.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
maybe they're having issues right now. Yotube won't sign in on PS4 at the moment. Google is investigating but might be a PSN thing.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Haven't been able to use edge, chrome or safari on store.playstation.com, it just crashes and if it doesn't, I sign in but I immediately am signed out as if I never signed in the first place.