• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I gotta ask. Y'all had the Women's March and that was great and then there was many more after: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_protests_against_Donald_Trump

Why has there been almost zero change within the country? I'm Canadian and watching this seems like y'all care only to the point of just going outside or making a call to an office that ignores you.

I guess my question is why doesn't America do more. You guys have a President who is harming your economy, blatantly lies daily, and has some really damning accusations against him. You then have have a majority republican party that exists to be only evil. Where is the actual people rising up? Kids were in cages and seemingly still are. Why aren't you folks doing way more?

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Physically unable (sick or disabled), financially constrained (can't take a day off or job/health insurance disappears, etc.), morally obligated to something else (can't leave behind a family by going to jail, etc.), or simply disengaged and comfortable with the status quo (most people who don't fall under the first three umbrellas). Everyone who is doing something like organizing or making moves to remove power from shitty people are still coalescing; the movement is too small and dispersed right now, but it will grow with time.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I gotta ask. Y'all had the Women's March and that was great and then there was many more after: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_protests_against_Donald_Trump

Why has there been almost zero change within the country? I'm Canadian and watching this seems like y'all care only to the point of just going outside or making a call to an office that ignores you.

I guess my question is why doesn't America do more. You guys have a President who is harming your economy, blatantly lies daily, and has some really damning accusations against him. You then have have a majority republican party that exists to be only evil. Where is the actual people rising up? Kids were in cages and seemingly still are. Why aren't you folks doing way more?
Society tells the American people that protests and marches are good, but doing more is civil unrest and bad.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
You mean like pitch forks and torches? Cause I couldn't see that going well.

AceofSpades

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry OP, this is an internal US affair. if you are not from the US then you have no business talking about protest or causing any internal fractions whitin US society. Its their issue and they can handle it.

Edit: oh shit, he is Canadian? it seems like a very Canadian thing to do these days lol

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are like six cities in Canada. Y'all are smaller than California. America's got huge intertia from size and from constitutional design.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have the strength, mind, charisma, confidence, or courage to do anything that would cast a spotlight on me or go against society. Some would call it cowardly or weak, but I just want to enjoy life and accomplish my goals. I wish I had those qualities, but I just don't, so I do what I can in my position and hope the people that are in higher positions of power work for us. It's the entire reason why they exist, to be our voice. What makes it our fault that they're failing us?

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Give some of us some time to see what happens in 2018 and 2020. If shit gets even worse, riots might happen.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, OP, but you're supplying the hardtack, salt pork and Spencer repeating rifles for this go-round.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I'll take "Reasons the Police will find to Kill Me" for $1000, Alex. I'm a student trying to be successful and I don't need protests to make my life harder. I will vote in every election I can for the rest of my life to stop asshole racists from being in charge. That's me doing my part

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
You know revolutions involve a great deal of sacrifice, up to and including death, right?

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Have you seen our police lately? They got fucking tanks.
Exactly what I was going to say. Haven't you seen how protests have gone down? The police steamroll everyone. This is by design.

While we're at it, why don't Canadians do more about the treatment of their indigenous and First Nations peoples? You guys should really rise up.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
What are you proposed solutions to these problems that will allow minorities to get out of this with as little bloodshed as possible?

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
This thread isn't going to result in any good conversation so it's been locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.