• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lupianwolf

Oct 27, 2017
It's not like modern day PC gaming really gets AAA singleplayer exclusives. It's getting some now because of Microsoft. Sure it has indies, but I couldn't justify buying another platform just for that. I like Japanese games too much to ever not have a Sony/Nintendo platform. I ideally would like to see all third-party games on all platforms, but that's not the world we live in.

Games like Nioh, Final Fantasy XV and Monster Hunter: World that come to PC, only do months after the fact. It runs those games better, but so does the Xbox One X though only one platform gets sidelined and ridiculed.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Most likely due to fanboyism and console warfare mentality. The notion of PC is that its a multi-use tool, unlike Xbox or PlayStation because they are majority of the time gaming orientated.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who are you even talking to? I'd wager many people that argue the X is irrelevant probably also have a bug up their but about PC gaming too. The situation you're imagining is nonsense.

Kinthalis

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'll take PC exclusives over the typical AAA console game any day of the week.

And some of the most popular games on the planet are either PC exclusives or have come to PC months or even years before they show up on consoles, usually as inferior versions to boot.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
If you don't want to play games on a PC, that's ok.

I don't understand the root of your complaint.

There are lots of gaming things you can do on PC that you can't do on Xbox One X.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I think all you need to do is disassociate importance from what you call 'AAA singleplayer exclusives,' then look at the games typically popular on PC - like the Steam activity chart, for easy reference - and you can easily see the value of PC gaming to a wide audience. Strategy games, MOBAs, FPSers, the majority of big console games, untold indie games - all of this has so much more value to me than what the closed ecosystem of the Xbox One, and its more powerful SKU, offers.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
PC gets tons of fantastic 4X and RTS games that are AAA in every respect and definitely exclusive. It also gets the bulk of the point and click games exclusively.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
PC gets all the X Box games including PS4/PC games only. Not the mention the thousands of library from the 90s and 2000s. While in the other hand, X Box doesn't get all the PC games.

It's that simple.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
XBX is irrelevant for me since I got a PC. But my PC is also a work tool, so it wouldn't be irrelevant if I had a XBX. Also, 60(144 and gsync)fps!

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Well, firstly, I've not seen people be dismissive on the X, secondly, Nioh isn't on Xbox, but beyond those things, it's hard to compare the Xbox One library to the PC. It pales by comparison.

However, if someone is making the decision between a HTPC, indeed to be played with a gamepad, and an XBOX, the decision becomes considerably more difficult, and I'd have to favour the X. The XBO exclusive library isn't very good, but the BC for things like RDR and Nier that aren't on PC... Hot damn.

Oct 29, 2017
Because PC has entire genres that barely come anywhere else?

It's like saying that it is not worth it to watch TV shows because movies on demand come months after they are in theaters.

Flexibility, versatility. I hate the fact that people think the PC is just consoles with higher frame rate and graphics. The most popular games on pc aren't even graphically intensive. Divinity Original Sin 2 is up there with the best games last year and it's not on consoles. Civ 6 isn't on consoles, LoL isn't on consoles, Mods barely exist on consoles, Consoles online is paywalled, Steam is better than PSN and XBL, DOTA 2 isn't on consoles ect. ect. Call me when Grim Dawn is on Switch or PS4.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
PC has more exclusives on it than any console ever will so I can't say I really get your point.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
There are more games that exist than megabudget AAA exclusives and small indie projects, though PC has both. There are a range of excellent exclusive titles all up and down the scale on PC. There are entire genres that literally cannot work on console due to control constraints, and with the exception of a very few odd ports every multiplatform game is better on PC.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
I'm struggling to comprehend what you are trying to say OP.

If you are saying PC doesn't have AAA exclusives like XB1, outside of indies, PC still have a ton of exclusive major games

Last edited:

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
It's not like modern day PC gaming really gets AAA singleplayer exclusives. It's getting some now because of Microsoft. Sure it has indies, but I couldn't justify buying another platform just for that. I like Japanese games too much to ever not have a Sony/Nintendo platform. I ideally would like to see all third-party games on all platforms, but that's not the world we live in.

Games like Nioh, Final Fantasy XV and Monster Hunter: World that come to PC, only do months after the fact. It runs those games better, but so does the Xbox One X though only one platform gets sidelined and ridiculed.
PC is gods gaming device. it has the exclusives of both the ps4 and xbox one. a game that isnt on xbox one but on ps4, is on the PC. A game thats not on ps4 but on xbox one, is on PC. It has many things going for it, that both consoles dont have. If were talking games, hell the PC has more exclusive games thats just not on ps4 hardware and xbox hardware at all and im talking if were dipping in the back catalog from the past.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Because I've never played a single game on PC. I'm 32 years old and having been gaming since the NES.

I don't even know what a "PC game" actually is besides the same games that come out on PS4/Xbox.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Because PC is flexible period. It's the king of backwards compatibility too.

Also, I don't get to produce music and edit videos using XBX.

Nov 8, 2017
texas
the xbox one x is "irrelevant" because it's pretty much only for people who don't already own anything to play games on, or are already deep into the xbox one ecosystem, and you're talking to gaming enthusiasts who already have something just as good if not better

pc gaming is in the same boat, you'd have a pretty miserable time trying to convince someone like yourself there's more value to a platform than it's first party aaa exclusives if they already own a ps4 or xbo

Acerac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine it's the mountains of exclusives and the total backwards compatibility that helps PC gamers not worry too much about lacking the newest AAA games.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
There doesn't really seem to be much to discuss here.

Status
Not open for further replies.