• An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 14 hours, 39 minutes, 13 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Why do people think that Die Hard is a Christmas movie?

Wumbo64

Oct 27, 2017
How is it not a Christmas movie when the themes, setting, props, and parts of the plot are laced with overt Christmas DNA?

Dec 21, 2017
Have you ever been at Walmart on Black Friday? That's why. The Purge is more in tune with the holiday spirit than most movies.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
The main argument I see against Die Hard not being a Christmas movie is it could take place any time of the year. The same can be true for Home Alone. In fact that is even more true for Home Alone as it could easily happen at Easter or Thanksgiving or any other time like a family wedding or whatever. Die Hard needs to happen at Christmas as that is the only time office parties happen.
Agreed. Hell Christmas Vacation could happen during Thanksgiving. If you ignore the whole theme of any movie of course the setting can be switched

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
“It’s a Christmas movie”
“Well, ackchewally...”

I feel like I’m on the right side of this argument tbh!
I love that you continue to do this in every post. Ready.

"it's NOT a christmas movie"
"Well, Ackwchewally..."

You absolutely have this flipped. The "ackchewally" crowd is the one who ramped up the "it's a christmas movie" convo to be contrarian or to draw a few shocked reactions of "but that's not a christmas movie!"

nekkid

Oct 27, 2017
I love that you continue to do this in every post. Ready.

"it's NOT a christmas movie"
"Well, Ackwchewally..."

You absolutely have this flipped. The "ackchewally" crowd is the one who ramped up the "it's a christmas movie" convo to be contrarian or to draw a few shocked reactions of "but that's not a christmas movie!"
Nah, it’s really not that way round.