• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
I don't fault people who don't like reaction videos. There are tons of recorded reactions, and most of which aren't enjoyable to watch for various reasons.
Every once in a while you get an awesome reaction experience like BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle's reveal this past EVO. Note the guy in the lower-right corner lol.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Probably for th same reason why my favorite "Let's Play" videos are blind playthroughs. It's more fun to see somebody's first reaction to something instead of seeing gem play something they already know about. It's why I never watch any of Michael Damiani's playthroughs because he's usually playing something he already knows inside and out.
I'd put Let's Plays somewhere above reaction videos. In a Let's Play the subject is working with an active medium and their personal performance has an effect, whereas a reaction video it's just a passive medium being reacted to.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
The same reason we post on Era. To get other people's opinions and enjoy the hype and excitement with them.

Oct 27, 2017
Reactions are part of the whole experience of consuming a new hip hop release. Listen to the record, check out the lyrics interpretations on Genius, read the discussion threads on r/hiphopheads, then catch the reactions/review vids from the the likes of ShawnCee and Dead End Hip Hop.

Oct 28, 2017
I'd put Let's Plays somewhere above reaction videos. In a Let's Play the subject is working with an active medium and their personal performance has an effect, whereas a reaction video it's just a passive medium being reacted to.
But many times, I am watching a Let's Play to see how they react to the story within the game.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like seeing other people get hype for things that I was hype for, and also seeing crazy reactions. If you need an example, pop into the Haunted House Reactions thread.