• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
With the news of Jedi Fallen Order having a sequel in development, there's been a lot of resentment against Respawn for making a sequel to their Star Wars game.

And not only that, but there's been a lot of resentment and hatred against Respawn for making and committing to Apex Legends for a while. For what reason? Simple, because all the hatred for not getting their precious Titanfall 3.

If anything, it shows hypocrisy on dozens of people around here who condemn crunch and overworking in the gaming industry, but yet they demand for Titanfall 3 to be made even with Respawn having a sizeable workload ahead of them, especially with Medal of Honor VR in development. Is it really hard to believe that Respawn just wants to make the games they want?

So tell me, do you really hate Respawn for making Apex Legends and Jedi Fallen Order?

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I need to see some receipts of all those people "hating Respawn" instead of simply bemoaning the lack of Titanfall 3.

You can be happy for Respawn's success and also be sad about the apparent shelving of Titanfall at the same time.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I don't hate Respawn.

I hate the industry and gamers for not appreciating Titanfall as much as they should.

I doubt this is just about Respawn "not wanting to make the game." These seem like business decisions first and foremost.

Can you post examples of people actually expressing "hate" for Respawn?

Last edited:

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
So the word hate has lost all meaning huh.

Maybe people would just prefer them to be working on a first person shooter or they really love the titanfall series and want to see another. Not everyone loves Star Wars.

OP
OP
Hawkster

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I need to see some receipts of all those people "hating Respawn" instead of simply bemoaning the lack of Titanfall 3.

You can be happy for Respawn's success and also be sad about the apparent shelving of Titanfall at the same time.

I wish I could fucking believe you dude, because recently there has been a thread about JFO's sequel being in development and the fact there was a thread demanding Titanfall 3 to be made before JFO's sequel and multiple posters showing off how much they hate JFO and Apex Legends.

If that isn't resentment against Respawn for not making Titanfall 3, I don't know what is

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I've seen people say stuff like "damnit why not Titanfall" but that's just people who love the series, and rightly so.

I haven't seen anyone hating them for it

Although I don't think it's impossible that they could work on both

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan

Cool, but looks a bit ''empty'' If I have to be honest, hopefully it's just alpha footage.

Yes. But to hate Respawn for making Apex Legends and Jedi Fallen Order shows a lack of maturity, I guess?

No one really cares about maturity, passion is what drives us. Also no one is hating on Respawn.

I have no issue with Respawn making other games but fans of the Titanfall series have every right to be disappointed.

Last edited:

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
I like Titanfall.
I like Apex Legends and it seems pretty popular with people.
I'm currently enjoying Fallen Order despite its technical issues... and it would seem so are others given the review scores and reception. I'd happily take a more polished sequel.

I can't say I've seen this hate for Respawn to make other stuff. If anything, after the seeming commercial failure of Titanfall 2 due to when it was put out in the year, I'm glad EA didn't jettison Respawn right then and there.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I don't. I love Apex Legends and my buddy and I still play a few times a week. What an awesome game.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This is a niche forum full of people talking loudly about what they want. Of course people here are going to be more specific about what they want, but those folk are still the minority even here... they just make more noise.

Like I wrote in another recent thread, I don't think the thing you're rallying against exists enough to need to be rallied against...

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I wish I could fucking believe you dude, because recently there has been a thread about JFO's sequel being in development and the fact there was a thread demanding Titanfall 3 to be made before JFO's sequel and multiple posters showing off how much they hate JFO and Apex Legends.

If that isn't resentment against Respawn for not making Titanfall 3, I don't know what is

No, I don't think that is resentment at all against the devs and painting it as such is hyperbole at best and being intellectually dishonest at worst.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Are people allowed to make threads to respond to a day old thread? Couldn't this just be a reply in the other thread?

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Why would you hate a dev just because they made something different? That's utterly childish.

OP
OP
Hawkster

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Who the fuck is saying they hate Respawn?

I hate that they are making jedi 2 instead of TF3.

I dunno, that sounds like you resent Respawn or rather you resent their Star Wars team making the sequel for JFO especially when they have fuck all to do with Titanfall in the first place

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like threads like these appear after a thread or two has a few people state something too loudly that it irks someone into conflating their voice with "all".

Nov 15, 2017
For me its more of disappointment as I don't hate Respawn. I like Apex a lot and while I couldn't care less for SW (both of which are good and successful games) but that doesn't take away from the fact that Titanfall fans are the ones who get the shitty end of the stick. The IP was put on ice so Respawn's other projects can live and that cuts deep with some fans, myself included. That bundled with the fact that many people thought that the game wasn't given a fair shot at the market (release date shenanigans) just adds to the frustration felt by some of us.

On a personal note Titanfall was the reason I even bought an Xbox this gen and stuck with it throughout the entire gen. So it really hurts knowing that the series is basically dead at this point. :(

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I don't, and I'm super looking forward to their MoH VR game although first impressions weren't amazing. I don't like the art style of Apex Legends much even though I like the game. And it's basically a re-skinned Titanfall BR without the Titans. I would have so much preferred an actual Titanfall BR.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Both Star Wars games, and Apex, are going to be the reason they're able to stay open and make Titanfall 3 eventually. I'm patient

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
From the ResetEra General Guide:

Do Not Create: Response or Parody Threads

A response thread is a thread created to 'respond' or react to a discussion that is already ongoing in an existing thread. This happens when a member wants to shout over posters in the other thread, or because they believe that their opinion is more important than the other replies. A parody thread is a thread created to parody another thread, either for mockery or as a joke. Please do not do any of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.