• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
This has been bugging me for a while, the dude was convicted of sexual assault, and his victim's description of the rape sounds really fucked up. I always see people bemoaning "modern hip hop" or "mumble rap" as they call it, and talk about how much better the old emcees of yesterday are, most people always bring up Tupac and BIG but Tupac get's a pass for this shit it seems like, why? You can't have anybody bring up Chris Brown's shitty ass, or other rappers bullshit without their horrendous actions taking a forefront in the conversation, not pac though, is there something I'm missing?

"I'm looking at him face to face, and I hear people talking and I hear people saying, 'Oh, look at her' and 'Her ass is fat,'" she recalls. "I'm looking at him dead in his eye, and I'm like, 'What's going on?' And he's saying to me, he's like, 'Relax, baby. These are my boys. I like you so much I decided to share you with them.'"

Jackson says she tried to lift her head up, but Shakur held it in place, and that she froze up because she couldn't truly accept what had happened to her. By the end of the encounter, she says Shakur and his friends had raped her."

Like, what the fuck?

Read More: Tupac Shakur's Rape Accuser Recalls 1993 Assault in Hotel Room - XXL | https://www.xxlmag.com/video/2018/0...-room/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

EDIT: I know he's dead, I'm not talking about holding him accountable, I'm opening a conversation about the general public opinion about him as an artist and the fact that nobody seems to mind that he did this horrendous bullshit when discussing his work. It's almost never brought up. This isn't some hearsay about a rockstar in the 70's, this is a well documented sexual assault that ended in a prison sentence.

Last edited:

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
the same reason no one talks about diddy and his shit
it was a different time. alot of these happened before the internet so they kinda were easier to sweep under the rug.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The same reason people are willing to let all of the other shit celebrities and singers have done go.

They just don't care.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
I always bring this up when folks sing that one song of his, about respecting women. I can't think of the name right now, though.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
So is XXXTentacion but that doesn't stop people from dancing on his corpse for all the fucked up shit he did.

XXXTentacion died recently.

I feel like the answers you are seeking are all pretty obvious. Nothing is stopping you from discussing Tupac Shakur's rape allegations. Take to the streets. Demand action.

SliChillax

Oct 30, 2017
Tirana, Albania
So is XXXTentacion but that doesn't stop people from dancing on his corpse for all the fucked up shit he did.

Tupac's victim isn't dead. She didn't forget this shit.
So you want justice from a dead man? I'm not justifying it I'm just saying it's been such a long time since he's been dead. Back then people didn't have an open platform like the internet to express their anger or even know of his wrongdoings.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
yeah but, it's not that time anymore, and this shit is widely known.
ok, so we talk about tupac and then what? what comes after that? he's dead. how do we bring him to justice? for most people its a mix of not caring and whats the point? he's dead. you cant exactly reverse his influence on culture if you decide to stop playing his music

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Time and ability. Same reason there are so many pieces of shit in sports that skate by rape charges and are quickly forgiven. Ability always wins out.

OP
OP
MazeHaze

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
So you want justice from a dead man? I'm not justifying it I'm just saying it's been such a long time since he's been dead. Back then people didn't have an open platform like the internet to express their anger or even know of his wrongdoings.
I don't want justice. It's just there is hella people you can't bring up without everybody bringing up shit they did, even people that been dead longer than pac. I don't ever see ANYBODY bring up the time Tupac raped a girl and went to prison for it though, I saw a facebook post today with tupac lyrics about respecting women, next to lil pump lyrics saying "this is the problem with society today". Like what the fuck, fuck Tupac's lyrics about honoring women, he's a fucking rapist.

I'm on some fuck tupac shit rn tbh, and I just don't ever see it brought up as an issue, especially here, where you think people would be dog piling the shit out of anybody reppin pac.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Unfortunately it was a different time. David Bowie also had sex with 2 underage girls at the same time, and he's been praised endlessly since his death. So many musicians/celebrities were horrible people, but it was before social media and people actually started taking action about these things.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The world is one gigantic popularity contest.

Michael Jackson has credible pedo accusations spread across a dozen boys. And yet artists will still gleeful accept their Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Ultimately, the man has been dead for over 20 years, and if you think art has any kind of imminent value separate from and above the personal failings of the artist that produces it (which I'd argue it obviously does), then it's not going to be the most prominent feature of discussions of him. Artists inevitably become their art.

As for why it wasn't a bigger feature of discussion in the past, either during the man's life or shortly after his death - because social mores were different, and it's only in the last 2-3 years or so that social consensus migrated away from accusations against celebrities re: sexual misconduct being filed in the "probably scams" cabinet in most people's brains.

OP
OP
MazeHaze

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Ultimately, the man has been dead for over 20 years, and if you think art has any kind of imminent value separate from and above the personal failings of the artist that produces it (which I'd argue it obviously does), then it's not going to be the most prominent feature of discussions of him. Artists inevitably become their art.

As for why it wasn't a bigger feature of discussion in the past, either during the man's life or shortly after his death - because social mores were different, and it's only in the last 2-3 years or so that social consensus migrated away from accusations against celebrities re: sexual misconduct being filed in the "probably scams" cabinet in most people's brains.
let's bring it up now then, whenever you see people rep pac, remind them about the time he raped a girl and was convicted of sexual assault.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Completely different time. Had it happened in 2019 people would be saying otherwise.

defiant04

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Victim Blaming and Excusing Allegations of Rape; Account in Junior Phase
I don't want justice. It's just there is hella people you can't bring up without everybody bringing up shit they did, even people that been dead longer than pac. I don't ever see ANYBODY bring up the time Tupac raped a girl and went to prison for it though, I saw a facebook post today with tupac lyrics about respecting women, next to lil pump lyrics saying "this is the problem with society today". Like what the fuck, fuck Tupac's lyrics about honoring women, he's a fucking rapist.

I'm on some fuck tupac shit rn tbh, and I just don't ever see it brought up as an issue, especially here, where you think people would be dog piling the shit out of anybody reppin pac.

the story I heard was that is that he left her in his room with his entourage and that they were the ones to actually commit the assault. also isn't this the same chick who gave him head in the middle of the club prior to this happening?

but like others said, the guy's been dead for over 20 years so its a mute point.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's because people will reminisce and discuss music they like or who was the best and not, like, "remember when that one guy raped a girl? Yeah, that was bad. Ok good talk."

I guess I'm not really sure how it comes up in a way that fulfills whatever requirements there are to indicate people "care."

SM0KE

Oct 27, 2017
OP are you familiar with the Qa'id Walker-Teal incident? Nobody ever seems to care about that either even though a six year old kid got his brains blown out while just out riding his bicycle.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
The assault didn't happen in the social media era and there hasn't been any new big developments since(i.e. An explosive documentary, new accusers, etc)

The folks implying the incident is now irrelevant, because of the length of time since the incident occurred, are dogwhistling. "Please shut the fuck up I like Tupac let me enjoy I Get Around guilt-free please"

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Dudes been dead for like 20+ years or something. Nobody hardly talks about him much at ALL. Im not sure what you are expecting. Something currently typically happens in order to bring things into conversation that many years later. With Cosby it was the women deciding to come forward or new developments in Michael Jacksons in the form of people speaking out.

Theres no real reason to talk about Shakur at all today, so hes barely brought up, and along with that low frequency of discussion about him in general comes a low frequency of discussion of his character flaws.

Like someone else said, you are free to discuss it though. But its hardly a mystery why it isn't the center of discussion these days.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
let's bring it up now then, whenever you see people rep pac, remind them about the time he raped a girl and was convicted of sexual assault.

Keeping in mind that I think PAC was massively overrated, I'm not really sure of the utility of this. The man was killed young by fellow travelers of his criminal lifestyle, he got probably the most karmic punishment possible. If his work has some kind of imminent aesthetic or social value, should it not be discussed in those terms? Are people morally wrong to find value in it because he, himself, was a bad person?

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The situation was murkier back then and society wasn't hip on consent. Ayanna's side of the story needs to be shared more because back then it was only Shakur and codefendants speaking up.

Shakur alleged he merely groped her that night and ended up passing out intoxicated while his entourage took advantage of her. He was never convicted of rape, but sexual assault for the groping. I don't know what his co-defendants got but they had separate trials and ended up shooting him over his talking to the media and pointing fingers at them.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the story I heard was that is that he left her in his room with his entourage and that they were the ones to actually commit the assault. also isn't this the same chick who gave him head in the middle of the club prior to this happening?

but like others said, the guy's been dead for over 20 years so its a mute point.
That was Pac's story and what he got shot over. That Ayanna and him hooked up prior is irrelevant, that doesnt mean Haitian Jack, Pac, and entourage are all entitled to her body.

defiant04

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
That's not how consent works. Did she also dress provocatively?

Anytime you have a case of sexual deviance. the woman's character is going to be bought into question. not saying its right, but its just the way it is...the way its always been. sex workers get sexually assaulted often but the crimes usually get under-reported because its a hard case to win so most prosecutors won't take it. Even in kobe's case, the question of character was brought up...the two diff strands of male pubic hair. once again not saying its right but the way it is.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I put a recent Tupac thread on ignore due to how much people were worshiping him. It was ironic because there was an active thread at the time of everyone shitting on Polanski and posting that Oscar gif and saying how everyone that applauded was a piece of shit ect. Meanwhile that Tupac thread was the written equivalent.

I've learned to immediately ignore threads that rustle my jimmies or are in anyway controversial. That Tupac thread was a perfect example.

To answer your question, I have no fucking idea.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anytime you have a case of sexual deviance. the woman's character is going to be bought into question. not saying its right, but its just the way it is...the way its always been. sex workers get sexually assaulted often but the crimes usually get under-reported because its a hard case to win so most prosecutors won't take it. Even in kobe's case, the question of character was brought up...the two diff strands of male pubic hair. once again not saying its right but the way it is.

But you're the one bringing the irrelevant shit up in this thread to discredit her. So fucking stop maybe?

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, society generally treats victims of rape terribly. Her blowing him at one time still doesn't mean she was down to fuck later. You are essentially perpetuating that very same behaviour you are calling out.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

Tupac's victim isn't dead. She didn't forget this shit.
While I applaud you bringing this up the fact remains that he's dead, and attention is better spent on bringing attention to the rapists that are alive. I would say that I wish the royalties from his music went to the victims.