• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DosaDaRaja

Oct 26, 2017
Currently in London, and my biggest issue travelling to the West is that none of the hotel rooms, or houses I've been to have water jet sprays.
As such, cleaning your ass after taking a dump is the biggest pain in the butt (bad pun, yeah)
Using toilet paper, you have to move your hands way too close to your asshole to clean.
Not only that, but there's the issue of you potentially getting some.... thing accidentally stuck on your hand, especially after a leaky shit.
Finally, you may have to insert your hand in there multiple times until you feel clean.

As opposed to a water spray where you simply wash your ass after taking a shit and then dry it with a towel.

And yes, this has been posted while I'm on the toilet seat :/

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno, wish we had bidets too but whatever, we're skint

Brexit means Brexit init

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Where you from OP? I dunno why they haven't taken off in the UK yet but bidets and Americans don't mix well

funny-bidet-fountain-bathroom.jpg

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
Reading ResetEra (and previously NeoGAF) offtopic threads is very often like stepping into some kind of alternative reality, where normal things (like in this case using a toilet paper) are turned into big issues.

EDIT: Apparently using a towel to dry off a recently cleaned buttocks (because you don't wipe off your asshole) is also an issue.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Anyone remember that old thread where someone was putting their used TP in the trash can next to the toilet because they didn't know to flush it?

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You dry your ass with a towel after taking a shit? Like....you talk about having the move your hand close to your ass with the toilet paper....d...do you just kinda, dab around your butt with the towel, then just have a moist ass the rest of the day?

Why don't you people just keep this stuff to yourself? We Americans have bigger thing to have on our minds man. FUCK

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Currently in London, and my biggest issue travelling to the West is that none of the hotel rooms, or houses I've been to have water jet sprays.
As such, cleaning your ass after taking a dump is the biggest pain in the butt (bad pun, yeah)
Using toilet paper, you have to move your hands way too close to your asshole to clean.
Not only that, but there's the issue of you potentially getting some.... thing accidentally stuck on your hand, especially after a leaky shit.
Finally, you may have to insert your hand in there multiple times until you feel clean.

As opposed to a water spray where you simply wash your ass after taking a shit and then dry it with a towel.

And yes, this has been posted while I'm on the toilet seat :/

Only using a water jet or whatever you need to use your hands to clean... which means getting even closer to your butthole than you would be with toilet paper as a buffer.

TP first to actually remove all traces of poop.
Water to wash the smell off.
Pad dry with a little more tp or a towel.

You cant just spray your bum with water and hope it gets rid of everything or you'll just be wiping yourself on the towel.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I personally dont dry my arse after a shower or bath, I let it dry itself

I'll dry my balls though, I'm not a animal

Deleted member 29806

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
In the The 50 years I live I have never seen a water spray toilet. But haven't traveled farther east than Turkey. Anyway, survived the 50 years pretty well using toilet paper, which seems to be a leftover from the dark ages.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Bidets are objectively superior. I don't know how people can live knowing that they just smear shit all over their crack and feel it dried up and the crusts and all that. Ugh.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That sounds like the voice of someone soft-handed who pays someone else when their toilet needs fixing.

Unless you don't wash your hands after, what's the issue? Man up and wipe.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Dries itself long before I've left the shower, and yeah I get dressed in the bathroom, my arse isn't soaking wet, damn by that time it's barely damp

So you wash your butt thoroughly, then stand in the shower without running water for the 20 minutes or more it would take to air dry?

You'd save a lot of time if you just used a towel.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
How do you know you've cleaned properly with the water spray if you don't wipe it with toilet paper too? Doesn't going straight to a towel after rinsing risk smearing shit over the towel?

moonknight93

Banned
Nov 29, 2017

Water spray connected to the toilet is gross as fuck since there's no soap involved.

A bidet is better. You wiped a couple of times with toilet paper, then you wash your ass with water and soap, then dry with the towel.

Lambda Teos

Nov 24, 2017

Finally, you may have to insert your hand in there multiple times until you feel clean

I never expected this to be an issue, been taking dumps fro 27 years and putting my hand "so close to my asshole to clean" seems to be a very weird thing to complain
I mean, using a water spray, you do it, you literally have to bring your hand to your asshole to clean it, even with a towel (and no soap...)

Getting some thing accidentally stuck on your hand? you mean poop on your hand? don't you wash your hands afterwards? or since you use a water spray and a towel you don't think it is possible for your hands to be dirty?

now "leaky shit" I assume is when you have a very dirty dump and you just have your butthole dirty AF, using a re usable towel after rinsing it with water without using soap or your hand to clean the area seems pretty... nasty... since the towel, althou used by one person, might get dirty...

use wet wipes people, they are good

EDIT: also, if putting your hand so close to your butthole is an issue... then how do you take a shower?

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
It's really not that hard. Not to mention you can just wash your hands if you get something on it.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
I will never understand how people take such shitty shits that they need to wash their asses. I barely need to wipe. Hydrate yourself better and have a bit of fibre (you don't even need much), sure there are some exceptions when you eat real spicy food but that's it.

I haven't come across much bidets in Europe in general any way and I am from Germany and traveled a lot throughout Europe.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Would love to clean it with a waterspray/ bidet. It's just not a thing where i live. Never done it. Always that stupid toiletpaper.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Bidets are objectively superior. I don't know how people can live knowing that they just smear shit all over their crack and feel it dried up and the crusts and all that. Ugh.

If that's what you do when you wipe then your parents failed to toilet train you properly.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Water spray connected to the toilet is gross as fuck since there's no soap involved.

A bidet is better. You wiped a couple of times with toilet paper, then you wash your ass with water and soap, then dry with the towel.

No need to use soap at all, water is more than enough to get rid of the smelly bits after you've properly cleaned with TP.

Use soap afterwards to wash your hands.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
So you wash your butt thoroughly, then stand in the shower without running water for the 20 minutes or more it would take to air dry?

You'd save a lot of time if you just used a towel.
No, I wash my arse, then by the time I've washed the rest of my body, towel dried etc my arse is dry

Damn how swampy is your arse?

Why are we arguing about this anyway? Its New Years Day