• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Yea that's right it's time. These are two powerful characters we are introduced to exactly one arc before super starts.
latest

Throughout there introduction arc we learn 2 things
Their potential is even greater than gohans shown off by first
-being able to go super saiyan without any substantial training as by the fact gohan didn't know how strong his lil brother was and vegeta didn't know trunks could do it either
-They we're capable of fighting 18 together something the z fighters couldn't do until training in the hyperbolic time chamber
-After only two weeks in the hyperbolic time chamber(1hour earth time) they are capable of turning super saiyan 3 gotenks I repeat only two weeks of training with only they themselves we're capable of breaking a threshold goku took a lifetime to achieve.

Throughout all of the buu arc you are given the illusion these kids along with gohan will lead the way and keep earth safe in goku and vegeta stead. Instead they get joke status in the very same arc and the next and now aren't even capable fighters at that.

You'd think with all that potential shown, all that power at such a young age they could achieve Ss god level or they'd be in the tournament of power. NOPE instead they get smaller and smaller, they're treated like children when they're almost teens(much older than gohan was when he was running around planet namek alone.
Super has them not being able to handle Base form vegeta.
giphy.gif

Super is now ending and they've done nothing of worth the entire time. What was the point of the characters

Oct 27, 2017
He hates everyone who isn't Goku and sometimes Vegeta. I thought it was editor pressure, but no, he just loves Goku. Like Kishimoto loves Sasuke

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I can't believe you actually made the thread Blackleg lmao.

On topic though I think it's because Toriyama got bored of them. Always assumed he put them in Z as a way to get back to a more OG Dragon Ball vibe. Then once he found out that wouldn't be possible they got shelved.

Last edited:

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Umm, why would they be able to take on base Vegeta? With him having blue, even his base form is ridiculously strong.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
They have incredible power, but lack the maturity and training to be competitive. Their dads are too busy training themselves to train them. Gohan had Piccolo to train him. For Goten and Trunks, fighting is just playing.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does he? He just makes gohan learn the same lesson over and over but gohan is involved in the plot and so on
I think the fact that it's implied that Gohan is the strongest thing ever during the Cell saga, and then the show tossing him aside for more Super Goku Adventures, is what bothers me most about it. Goten and Trunks deserve more screen time for sure though.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
I think the fact that it's implied that Gohan is the strongest thing ever during the Cell saga, and then the show tossing him aside for more Super Goku Adventures, is what bothers me most about it. Goten and Trunks deserve more screen time for sure though.
Yea I feel you on that. Hey he's there fighting at least.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
If they do continue DB after Super, I really hope they do some kind of time skip. Teen Goten/Trunks in a non-terrible capacity (i.e. Not what they did to them in GT) would be rad.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
If they do continue DB after Super, I really hope they do some kind of time skip. Teen Goten/Trunks in a non-terrible capacity (i.e. Not what they did to them in GT) would be rad.
Possible but at the rate super is going they gonna have to pull some bs to have them catch up and be any help. They could've built them up all super in the background at least

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Why does Toriyama hate everything he's created and also the things he didn't?

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Maybe they don't actually even have that much fighting potential.

Maybe Super Saiyan is actually something really simple that doesn't require vast amounts of power, and the reason the kids can master it so easily is because they're the first generation of Saiyans with a basic education.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Honestly though I'd be happy if Super made more of an attempt in the slice of life episodes to show Goku and Vegeta hanging out with Goten and Trunks.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, you really didn't freeze.

I don't care about that Trunks kid, but for the rest of the year I'm supposed to be nice to Goten. With that said, here's to hoping he gets to do more in whatever comes next after Super. He genuinely deserves a chance.

tumblr_p462rnvNvz1uj4pe8o1_540.gif

You are like Gohan fans

Don't slander B-Leg like that.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, you really didn't freeze.

I don't care about that Trunks kid, but for the rest of the year I'm supposed to be nice to Goten. With that said, here's to hoping he gets to do more in whatever comes next after Super. He genuinely deserves a chance.

tumblr_p462rnvNvz1uj4pe8o1_540.gif

Don't slander B-Leg like that.
Lol don't praise goten out of obligation!

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
We got a Future Trunks arc. Trunks redeemed. I'm upset we never had that Goten x Future Trunks interaction, or the Gotenks x Future Trunks interaction. Would've been rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.