• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire

AwkOw.jpg

747-8

8sGiC.jpg

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
My hot take is that carry-ons larger than a backpack should be banned.
Check everything.
So much wasted time of people fucking with their suitcases.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I always board last, no matter where my seat is. I have no problem putting my bag up a few rows ahead. I only carry a backpack, not one of those massive rolling bags.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
My hot take is that carry-ons larger than a backpack should be banned.
Aren't there size/weight limits already? Are they not enforced? What if people with massive suitcases take up all the space and average joe can't even fit in his backpack anymore? If that happened to me I would just throw out one of those suitcases lol

Nov 9, 2017
Aren't there size/weight limits already? Are they not enforced? What if people with massive suitcases take up all the space and average joe can't even fit in his backpack anymore? If that happened to me I would just throw out one of those suitcases lol

You think a million other people haven't already thought of this lol. Unless the bag is clearly over the limit and won't fit, flight attendants aren't going to take your side on this.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Even if all the carry-ons are within the stated limits (which are usually not strictly enforced anyway), planes just aren't designed with enough room for everyone to bring one.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Wouldn't work on Southwest because its pick your seat and everyone wants to be on the front to deboard faster and get drinks sooner.

Also carry on space. Theres not enough overhead bin space and people who have priority boarding get first dibs on it and they also tend to pick seats near the front. The airline also makes money on priority boarding so they'd lose that revenue source.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
That sounds like an awful idea. You will have people that would have to move against the crowd coming in when they find out they dont have space for their luggage.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What about several rows behind? I've seen people who have been asked to do that.
That's cool. But again, I only use a backpack, so if I really need it, the thing can go under my seat. My wife and I went to Thailand for two weeks once and all we brought was a single backpack each. We travel light.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
It's like i used to live in the nice dimension, got older and woke up in the a hole dimension. When I used to fly there were enough bins for everyone, and it seemed like it just worked out putting your stuff right above you.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's like i used to live in the nice dimension, got older and woke up in the a hole dimension. When I used to fly there were enough bins for everyone, and it seemed like it just worked out putting your stuff right above you.
That was back when checked bags were free. Now everyone carries on.

Stabi

Oct 25, 2017
France / san francisco
I remember a teacher in proba telling us that airlines tried different things. And the best was actually to go random.
But for the sake of priority seating, it's per group

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
9/11 changed everything. They used to have BOTH doors open in the back and front for both getting on board and deplaning. It was super easy to get on and off a plane. But as soon as the 9/11 happened they stopped that and only have one exit/entrance. I thought we'd be back to the regular way by now, but I guess it has become the norm.

Quantza

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because people don't like computer science:

Priority queue (people queue by ticket number), then stack (get in the plane from the front only, or back only).
Or
Double-ended priority queue (can enter or leave from the front or back of the plane).

Really though, people just want to feel superior and pay for it.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
I've done both front-to-back and back-to-front, so I think it largely depends on the airline / plane model.

First Class is always first of course though.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
There are a lot of things about flying that don't make much sense to me. Like how when they announce they will start boarding the plane a large contingent of people get up, gather their stuff, and rush up toward the boarding line but just stand around to the sides for several minutes watching everyone go by because they are actually in one of the last boarding groups. You're not going to get on until they call you. Why not just stay seated until it gets closer to your group? I've never seen bin space be a problem the flights I've been on so I doubt that's it but maybe they are just scared of that and want to be first whenever that last group is called.

When you land, the plane empties out front to back, so if you're sitting back in coach where I do, there's no rush, but after landing as soon as that seatbelt sign turns off at least half the people immediately stand up or as close as they can get. Some cram the aisles leaving no personal space, and others uncomfortably hunch over in front of their seats. And then they wait and wait because they aren't even letting people off yet, and when they do they aren't getting off first anyway. I'm sitting there in the aisle seat (I'm tall) and there's always someone's ass right there, and I'm wondering why they don't just wait until closer to the time they can actually leave before they get up. I could understand if it was a long flight, or a small handful of people, but the flights I'm on are usually an hour or less and it happens every time.

Now before someone jumps all over me it's not that I hate these people or I'm livid about it. It just puzzles me, that's all. I DO hate flying, though.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You gotta be chillin in your reclined sofa with a bottle of champagne by the time the poors walk in.

Overhead bin space too I guess.

Dhx

Sep 27, 2019
There are a lot of things about flying that don't make much sense to me. Like how when they announce they will start boarding the plane a large contingent of people get up, gather their stuff, and rush up toward the boarding line but just stand around to the sides for several minutes watching everyone go by because they are actually in one of the last boarding groups. You're not going to get on until they call you. Why not just stay seated until it gets closer to your group? I've never seen bin space be a problem the flights I've been on so I doubt that's it but maybe they are just scared of that and want to be first whenever that last group is called.

When you land, the plane empties out front to back, so if you're sitting back in coach where I do, there's no rush, but after landing as soon as that seatbelt sign turns off at least half the people immediately stand up or as close as they can get. Some cram the aisles leaving no personal space, and others uncomfortably hunch over in front of their seats. And then they wait and wait because they aren't even letting people off yet, and when they do they aren't getting off first anyway. I'm sitting there in the aisle seat (I'm tall) and there's always someone's ass right there, and I'm wondering why they don't just wait until closer to the time they can actually leave before they get up. I could understand if it was a long flight, or a small handful of people, but the flights I'm on are usually an hour or less and it happens every time.

Now before someone jumps all over me it's not that I hate these people or I'm livid about it. It just puzzles me, that's all. I DO hate flying, though.

No, you're absolutely right. These two drive me insane.