• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Title is self-explanatory. I'm not advocating for a three strike rule but is a racist troll really going to change after their fifteenth ban? Do the mods not have logs kept on individual avatars? Like you click on an avatar and can see that mods A-F, have already slapped the troll around and yet they keep on trucking? I just think we need some more transparency here because this forum is getting to an almost worse state than the old place before the grand exodus.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because the staff want to turn ResetERA into a popular/mainstream website and are afraid of getting a reputation for being a "liberal"/"far left" site, so they run all reports through a panel of moderators that might as well be a computer algorithm which then randomly selects a punishment and ban length. They genuinely believe that they can "rehabilitate" racists and bigots by having a dialogue with them, and would rather do that than create a safe place for women, people of color, and LGBT people to discuss video games and culture freely.

There has been a significant exodus of minority users over the last few months who no longer want to post on this site, and the staff are aware, but they also don't really care because there's more money to be made in creating a mainstream website that caters to white, male bigots in hopes of "rehabilitating" them.

leafcutter

Feb 14, 2018
Most of the long-term/perma bans I see include "a history of such behavior" in the reason, so I'm pretty sure they're keeping an eye on it.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't users usually get perma'd if they're noted for constant racism-related bans? I know I've seen that on at least a couple of perma ban reason posts.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
As always, if you have questions or concerns about moderation, contact a member of the staff. Our mod team captains are Hecht and Selina and the team is at your service. These threads are not productive and will always be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.