• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
There have been chick fil around me for a long time, but within the past few years it's popularity has risen. The other day they opened one down the street from me and people were in tents in weather -10f just for the grand opening, I mean there multiple in my city too.

It doesn't matter what time of day it the drive-thru is ALWAYS packed, and they use 2 of em. What is it that has made them so popular?

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I had a spicy deluxe chicken sandwich yesterday with waffle fries and Coke Zero. It. Was. Glorious.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Somehow I expected this thread to be about some kind of rapper. I am leaving disappointed.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Their quality of food is high, and they are the only fast food chain I have ever been to that puts a consistent focus on customer service. Every chik-fil-a I've been to across the states has always had great customer service, while most other places range from okay to outright horrible.

I understand their leadership is extremely conservative and contributes to anti-gay groups, so I have stopped going there. However, the reason for their success still stands on it's own merits.

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
No idea, trash chicken, trash biscuits, creepy as fuck employee greetings, and scumbag leadership.

Shit is garbage from top to bottom.

Their food is legit worse than random gas station chicken that has sat in their warmer for 48 hours.

irbri

Nov 2, 2017
I wish it was more popular here, because the only one around me is 20 minutes away and the only time i'm around that area is late at night after they close at fucking 10pm, so i rarely ever get to eat their delicious chicken.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good food, and the service is leagues beyond other fast food places (at least where I live).

Bán

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was in the US the other day for business, and saw a Chick-Fil-A. It always gets talked about as 'the best fast food' so I thought I'd try it despite very rarely eating or enjoying fast food.

It was, indeed, the best fast food.

The Chick-Fil-A was packed and every other fast-food place was empty, too. So I'd say quality, leading to word of mouth online and elsewhere is the reason.

Also, for some reason the servers were of a totally different standard than you'd see in a McD's or a Burger King etc.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Before this turns into every other chic fil a thread, I'll wager its because many consider their chicken sandwiches and nuggets good as far as fast food places go. Their sauce is also Crack.

OP
OP
Skai

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
But none of this is new, there food has always been good. But it seems like just recently it's became HUGE. I'm just wondering why now it's became insanely popular.

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
Their chicken sandwiches are really good and their chik-fil-a sauce is also awesome.

Yep.

I'm actually going to the airport in less than an hour to pick someone up, and I'm absolutely stoked to have a chicken sandwich at the Chick-Fil-A there, lol. Told the person that they can never fly in on a Sunday because of that. xD

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But none of this is new, there food has always been good. But it seems like just recently it's became HUGE. I'm just wondering why now it's became insanely popular.
It's not recently though. I've had a chick fil a in my area always nearby since I moved to the US 14 years ago and they have been packed always. People love it.

I thought they were unpopular because they were somehow linked with homophobia, or am I mistaken?

Maybe in more liberal states but in the south at least they are always packed.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Thier fried chicken is tasty. Also they are a step above most fast food restaurants in cleanliness and service (minus the weird as fuck "my pleasure" they have to say when you thank them). Fast food is already pretty popular so having one of that's consistently good makes it super popular especially if you are in an area with relatively newer chick fill a.

witty_mittie3

Oct 25, 2017
Mississippi
Compared to other fast food places where I am (Subways, Wendy's, Burger King, BackYard Burger, and McD's), they have the best food and service. My location in particular has extremely good management and service, the restaurant is clean, and food tastes good and tastes like it is high quality.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I don't know why, but every time I see a chick-fil-a there are almost always cars completely filling up the drive-thru at all times. No matter how many locations they have, no matter what time of day it is, its like chick-fil-a has no slow periods at all.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
I thought they were unpopular because they were somehow linked with homophobia, or am I mistaken?
They're guilty of it but I don't think many people care. My friend whose trans loves it despite their homophobia. I personally don't give af and dont buy there but it varies from person to person

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
For fast food it's decent. Nice sauces. Customer service is also great. Places are immaculate. The opened some in NYC recently and the customer service is night and day from the normal fast food places here, where cashiers have that look that they want to die.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
1. The food is good, and consistent across all locations
1. The staff is courteous
3. The service is actually fast
4. The restaurants are clean

It's not amazing, but as far as fast food joints go, you could do much worse.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
18j48weujcgewjpg.jpg

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
No idea, trash chicken, trash biscuits, creepy as fuck employee greetings, and scumbag leadership.

Their food is legit worse than random gas station chicken that has sat in their warmer for 48 hours.
Bro, it's always a cloudy day for you lol. I never read you saying anything positive haha. From gaming, to food, to movies.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They serve the finest chicken: god-fearing chicken.

But yeah, they have some decent chicken, but I feel sometimes it's a gamble as to whether the chicken you get tastes really good are tastes really bad.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Creepy as fuck employee greetings? What do they ask you your name so they can shout it when your order is ready and you say "you aren't my friend, Im not giving my name"?

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Just pulled out of a chic fil a drive thru with a free egg white grill and hash browns ... it definitely has a weird following after years of being an average fast food spot.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Their breading is soft unlike the concrete and flour mixture other places use. The chicken itself is usually juicy but really it's the breading of their patties and nuggets that sets them apart.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
They're guilty of it but I don't think many people care. My friend whose trans loves it despite their homophobia. I personally don't give af and dont buy there but it varies from person to person
Also trans, me too. Keep in mind that's view of the head of the company, not your individual franchisees. The franchise owner at my localish chik-fil-a said that everyone was welcome and that he didn't agree with the CEO's line, but then, this was in a very Democratic district.

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They may hate our LGBT Brothers, Sisters, and non-Binary folks, but that chicken is delicious

OP
OP
Skai

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
Just pulled out of a chic fil a drive thru with a free egg white grill and hash browns ... it definitely has a weird following after years of being an average fast food spot.

That's my point, for a long ass time it was ho hum, but after the ownership homophobia news it seems like its popularity has blown up.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Because they're good as hell. I brine my chicken in salt, sugar, and pickle juice and fry it up all the time at home to save the cash though. Tastes just the same if not better honestly.

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
I'm a person who generally eats healthy and avoids fast food, but at this point in my life the only time I'd think about going to McDonalds, Wendys, Burger King, or similar is when I have a craving for french fries. Chick-Fil-A has replaced all of these places for me with its chicken sandwiches actually being decent and of course the sauce options.

Edit: pardon my privilege, but I also don't have monetary reasons to need to go to these places anymore. So there's that.

applejuice

Oct 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
Before all these newer "$$" on the google scale of price quick dining restaraunts started popping up, Chik-fil-a was the place people went for quality fast food, so it has a long standing reputation of just being good and tasty.