• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alimnassor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Despite their CEO being a shitbag, the food is amazing, the service is fast and friendly, and it's clean. The workers do seem to be happier too.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I never understood the craze, independent of my distaste for their politics. I'm not a big fried chicken fan, but Popeye's does the best in a pinch.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was in the US the other day for business, and saw a Chick-Fil-A. It always gets talked about as 'the best fast food' so I thought I'd try it despite very rarely eating or enjoying fast food.

It was, indeed, the best fast food.

The Chick-Fil-A was packed and every other fast-food place was empty, too. So I'd say quality, leading to word of mouth online and elsewhere is the reason.

Also, for some reason the servers were of a totally different standard than you'd see in a McD's or a Burger King etc.

The best fast food is Whataburger BTW. I like Chick-Fil-A though, although if I'm being honest the Whataburger honey butter biscuits are the best chicken sandwich anythings.

Oct 25, 2017
So, I think that if you like fast food, it is top tier. The lemonade is tart and excellent, and the waffle fries are awesome, and Polynesian sauce is the best non-ranch dipping sauce there is. That's all before the chicken part.

My thing is that I cut out fast food and then ate Chik-Fil-A after a long while, and it all tasted like salt. Can't eat there anymore even if I wanted to.

I make my own chicken sandwiches out of boneless chicken thighs or chicken tenders and it tastes much better. Get the panko-to-flour ratio right and season things properly (cayenne, smoked paprika, garlic powder, etc.), and it's pretty easy to make your own chicken sandwich that is tastier, cheaper, and better tasting.

But yeah, if you have neither the time nor the inclination to do that, CFA is good. I mean, their owners are human garbage, but the food is high-end for fast food.

Oct 27, 2017
It helps that the food is pretty good, but the real reason is that their restaurants are exceptionally well run and staffed with competent employees. I wonder how long it will take other chains to figure this out.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It helps that the food is pretty good, but the real reason is that their restaurants are exceptionally well run and staffed with competent employees. I wonder how long it will take other chains to figure this out.
Yeah, I honestly never get treated that nicely at other fast food places. It use to catch me off guard as I was use to the general antisocialness of being in a city.

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
people really like their chicken sandwiches I guess, it's weird. They opened one near me in ct and there was lines of people waiting outside. Isn't chick-fil-a the place where the ceo or someone like that said some really homophobic shit?

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also trans, me too. Keep in mind that's view of the head of the company, not your individual franchisees. The franchise owner at my localish chik-fil-a said that everyone was welcome and that he didn't agree with the CEO's line, but then, this was in a very Democratic district.

I gonna say this - the local owners don't usually have the same conservative bent as the previous CEO. Also, they've moved away from that focus that they previously had. This is a pretty good story on how they have changed:

http://www.businessinsider.com/chick-fil-a-reinvents-itself-liberal-conservative-2017-5

Edit: people seem to be missing this - the old CEO stepped down and a younger one took his place, modernizing a lot of their organization with a direct edict to engage all beliefs and people. Yes, the organization still had it's conservative roots, but they are trying from the top down. Disclaimer: I was one of those who boycotted originally until the CEO changed and they stopped supporting anti-gay organizations ... And they did that.

Last edited:

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
They just opened one up here, and during the soft opening they kicked a woman out for breastfeeding. They threatened to call the cops but what she was doing was protected in our century code lol.

Anyway, I wanted to try it for years but I can't fuck with giving money to 'phobes. I highly doubt it's better than Popeye's.

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They just opened one up here, and during the soft opening they kicked a woman out for breastfeeding. They threatened to call the cops but what she was doing was protected in our century code lol.

Anyway, I wanted to try it for years but I can't fuck with giving money to 'phobes. I highly doubt it's better than Popeye's.

I love Popeyes ... It's better.

Edit: damn, now I want Popeyes ...

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a person who generally eats healthy and avoids fast food, but at this point in my life the only time I'd think about going to McDonalds, Wendys, Burger King, or similar is when I have a craving for french fries. Chick-Fil-A has replaced all of these places for me with its chicken sandwiches actually being decent and of course the sauce options.

Edit: pardon my privilege, but I also don't have monetary reasons to need to go to these places anymore. So there's that.

Yeah when I have my fry craving I try to go there for the grilled chicken sandwich and a side of waffle fries.

I mean I wish 5 Guys had been around when I was young enough to pull it off, but here we are.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Their spicy chicken deluxe is my weakness. I've been trying to avoid fast food but it gets me craving every once in a while.

Keyboard

I had their chicken nuggets once. Terrible. Very small pieces. Barely any chicken meat. Soggy crust. Even McDonald's chicken nuggets are better.

People seem to like their sauces as they have quite a large selection.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I saw McDonald's is trying to copy cfa sandwich. It looks sad compared to the real thing. It's on the dollar menu though. Gonna have to check it out. Cfa is goat though.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
we could use more chick-fil-a in the bay area. there's only 3 of them, down near Sunnyvale and Freemont. None around SF, Berkeley or Oakland.

I'm willing to look past some of their past displays of shitty values so I can have access to some wonderful chicken sandwiches.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Been there once in an airport and it was good for fast food. Good food, leads to popularity, generally.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a legitimately tasty fried chicken sandwich and like in n out its consistency and quality are enough to give it a faithful following. Like in n out it's overrated not because it doesn't deserve success but because of hyperbolic exaggeration by its adherents.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
I don't eat there anymore but it was always good for fast food and they were always quick and nice. The quick part needs to be emphasized too, because if you look at 3-4 fast food joints all in a row, the CFA will pretty much always have the most people and get them in and out the fastest anyway. They have that figured out.

Everyone I know who's worked at a CFA hates working their funny enough
After watching them have 10 people outside taking orders at a location near me well into December, all bundled up, I wonder why.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone remember when chik fila was like McDonald's. It use to be kinda grimey. They didn't take the food to your seat. It's so much different and much more expensive now. I like the old Chick-fil-A

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Skai I think there may have been tents for the grand opening because they give out free chicken for a year to the first 100 customers or something.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
Nah. CFA is like most religious organizations. Shiny on the outside, rotten at the core. Smile to your face, stab you in the back when you're not looking.

I want to love them, but I don't think they've actually backed off from their shitty backing. Maybe once the current owners die off. I dunno.
See this post:
I gonna say this - the local owners don't usually have the same conservative bent as the previous CEO. Also, they've moved away from that focus that they previously had. This is a pretty good story on how they have changed:

http://www.businessinsider.com/chick-fil-a-reinvents-itself-liberal-conservative-2017-5

Edit: people seem to be missing this - the old CEO stepped down and a younger one took his place, modernizing a lot of their organization with a direct edict to engage all beliefs and people. Yes, the organization still had it's conservative roots, but they are trying from the top down. Disclaimer: I was one of those who boycotted originally until the CEO changed and they stopped supporting anti-gay organizations ... And they did that.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they got clean resturants, pretty good chicken, and they lean conservative enough to make the right wing happy but aren't incredibly obnoxious about it

thats just my guess

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017

Popeye's is not nearly as good as CFA. Especially the spicy chicken sandwich.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I just got off my shift. 6 hours felt like 12. We couldn't get out of the red. The line is still wrapped around the parking lot. I dont understand it either.

Oct 25, 2017
The absolute lockdown CFA got over the next competitor in breakfast is crazy
In just the one area(i'll say 2-3 square miles) serving breakfast
McDonald's
Burger King
Taco Bell
Milo's
Bojangles
Chick-fil-a

I'd say CFA has 20 customers to every 5 of the following 3 companies combined