• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I gonna say this - the local owners don't usually have the same conservative bent as the previous CEO. Also, they've moved away from that focus that they previously had. This is a pretty good story on how they have changed:

http://www.businessinsider.com/chick-fil-a-reinvents-itself-liberal-conservative-2017-5

Edit: people seem to be missing this - the old CEO stepped down and a younger one took his place, modernizing a lot of their organization with a direct edict to engage all beliefs and people. Yes, the organization still had it's conservative roots, but they are trying from the top down. Disclaimer: I was one of those who boycotted originally until the CEO changed and they stopped supporting anti-gay organizations ... And they did that.
then why do they still close on sundays?

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all must not be New Yorkers. Idgaf how courteous the person behind the counter is as long as I get my food. When is there even an opportunity to be rude? Its fast food.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The absolute lockdown CFA got over the next competitor in breakfast is crazy
In just the one area(i'll say 2-3 square miles) serving breakfast
McDonald's
Burger King
Taco Bell
Milo's
Bojangles
Chick-fil-a

I'd say CFA has 20 customers to every 5 of the following 3 companies combined

My store in pa has a slow breakfast but cfa certainly has a lockdown in other locations. Mostly more in the south. I saw a report of a store doing 17k for breakfast last month in one day. Breakfast is 4 hours. That's more then 4k an hour. I'm not sure how the store didn't burst into flames.

Oct 25, 2017
When is there even an opportunity to be rude? Its fast food.
When Taco Bell tells the only car in the drive-thru that your order can only be less than 10 total items(that counts each item in a box or combo) on a Friday or Saturday night.

Or McDonald's employee saying "our milkshake/ice cream machine is broken" because they are lazy.
McDonald's employee handing a drink over without ice because the automatic one isn't working and they don't want to go scoop any.
Or the drink machine doesn't fill the drink at all and the employee slaps a lid on a half full drink and hands it over anyway.

Last edited:

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all must not be New Yorkers. Idgaf how courteous the person behind the counter is as long as I get my food. When is there even an opportunity to be rude? Its fast food.

I once requested that a Big Mac be cut in half, and was told "We don't do that".

I would have been mad but I thought the lady being so blunt and not giving any fucks was kinda funny. Like, you and I both know you have knives in your kitchen....and people capable of cutting a sandwich in half......and yet you're still going to try and bullshit me because you just don't feel like taking a special request? Gotta laugh at that.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I once requested that a Big Mac be cut in half, and was told "We don't do that".

I would have been mad but I thought the lady being so blunt and not giving any fucks was kinda funny. Like, you and I both know you have knives in your kitchen....and people capable of cutting a sandwich in half......and yet you're still going to try and bullshit me because you just don't feel like taking a special request? Gotta laugh at that.

We once ordered a hamburger at McDonalds, plain with "nothing on it".. We got a bun with no meat.

Not sure it's rude but doesn't take much on the IQ scale to figure we probably wanted meat on it. It was mostly just funny but anyways..

Oct 25, 2017
We once ordered a hamburger at McDonalds, plain with "nothing on it".. We got a bun with no meat.

Not sure it's rude but doesn't take much on the IQ scale to figure we probably wanted meat on it. It was mostly just funny but anyways..
I have had this happen at Taco Bell as well as McDonald's , i wouldn't even be that mad after a good laugh at the stupidity but it happens too often to be funny anymore.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gonna say this - the local owners don't usually have the same conservative bent as the previous CEO. Also, they've moved away from that focus that they previously had. This is a pretty good story on how they have changed:

http://www.businessinsider.com/chick-fil-a-reinvents-itself-liberal-conservative-2017-5

Edit: people seem to be missing this - the old CEO stepped down and a younger one took his place, modernizing a lot of their organization with a direct edict to engage all beliefs and people. Yes, the organization still had it's conservative roots, but they are trying from the top down. Disclaimer: I was one of those who boycotted originally until the CEO changed and they stopped supporting anti-gay organizations ... And they did that.
They changed CEOs from a father (S. Truett Cathy) to his son (Dan Cathy). That was kind of unrelated since it was his son, Dan Cathy, who was the one who started the same sex controversy (he was COO at the time). He was PROMOTED to CEO after making the multiple anti LBGT statements.

It is true that they mostly changed their donating habits but I wouldn't really go as far as saying they're modernizing. Their stance now is just to stay out of politics and not parade around their religious beliefs. They are who they've always been according to a statement Mike Huckabee was waving around.

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
1. The food is good, and consistent across all locations
1. The staff is courteous
3. The service is actually fast
4. The restaurants are clean

It's not amazing, but as far as fast food joints go, you could do much worse.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Hell, the one near me usually has little monthly promotions like free breakfast once a week (usually it's something random, but a free Chicken Biscuit is nice).

Yeah, their upper management's beliefs are terrible (then again, so are many other companies...), but not every restaurant shares the same sentiments.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Honestly, ever since that story about the ownership and homophobia it's popularity has risen even more.

Well yeah, that's exactly what happened.

The news came out about them donating to anti-LGBT groups.
People got pissed.
They said they would stop donating to anti-LGBT groups.
Everyone said "ok" and started going there again.

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
It was really, really good chicken. Got two spicy chicken sandwiches. One of them I ordered after I completed the first. Frosted lemonade is also delicious.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Also, while I'm here, not a lot of people have mentioned the waffle fries, which are some of the best fast food fries in the business.

adso

Nov 6, 2017
Just got back from Chick-Fil-A where they messed up my order. Drove all the way home only to find out the fries are missing.

But yeah, I think it's mostly a political thing. All the customers I see are white upper-class families. You'd be surprised how many conservatives feel it's their patriotic duty to go to Chick-Fil-A. See this news story from 2012:

Chick-fil-A Supporters Line Up for Appreciation Day

Personally, I think their chicken is mediocre but the fries are great.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
I have no use for the abominations that others call nuggets. They have changed my expectations of what is a chicken nugget

Oct 25, 2017

Glad to hear this update. It was hard to not eat there, lol.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
Everyone talks about the homophobia but they no longer donate to those causes and even before that had openly gay employees that weren't fired for it and supposedly well supported.

The food is good and the service is better than a lot of sit down restaurants. And that lemonade!

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Ah, yes. Because being courteous, welcoming, and nice are creepy.

How can I learn to be as cool and edgy as you? I need lessons!

At least when I go into a McDonald's and use their kiosk, I'm dealing with a cold, non-feeling machine, similar to the actual company that is running it.

compared to the workers at a chic-fil-a, a facade of a similar company that went the extra step of being "nice" when behind the scenes it was anything but.

trembli0s

Oct 28, 2017
It's the service and the fact that they treat their employees like actual human beings.

They have a ton of educational/foundation opportunities for employees to go to college, etc. They also most likely pay better and you can tell. The one by my house is a madhouse that has at least two events for kids every week but I never see an employee public ally displaying a "bad time."

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Speak of the devil, I just got back with my grilled chicken sandwich from there. I go because they're fast, efficient, good, and friendly. I also can see they hire appropriately and don't overwork the kids working there, which makes me feel better.

Trained Rage

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I have never had it. I feel like it was talked about more like 4-5 years ago. Not so much now. Looks decent..... But I prefer Raising Cane's if we are talkin' fast 'just chicken'.
348s.jpg

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
Food is good, it was 50% for military and police/firefighters when I used to go. I don't have one close to me anymore.

They got a lot of attention for their owners stance against homosexuality a few years ago.

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
I always assumed they were popular as most places in bf egypt don't have many good or any options to chose from. i remember trying them out when they first popped up in socal and thinking "wow is this really it?" In socal we have an abundance of mom and pop burger restaurants that have always sold these types of chicken sandwiches so trying chik fil for the first time wan't that special. Their stores are clean and the employees overly courteous, if a bit stepford wive sometimes.

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
At least when I go into a McDonald's and use their kiosk, I'm dealing with a cold, non-feeling machine, similar to the actual company that is running it.

compared to the workers at a chic-fil-a, a facade of a similar company that went the extra step of being "nice" when behind the scenes it was anything but.

It's not a facade. Not lower than the executive level at least.

I've talked about my experiences working there before. One of the rare companies where the operator actually gives a damn about their employees.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Their food is sooo good. I am partial to their Polynesian sauce.

No one wants to be a New Yorker except people already cursed with being New Yorkers.

The rest of us actually appreciate positive human interactions.

Scrub Jay

Nov 28, 2017
Their special sauce is really good. I'd say it's addictive but I haven't lived near a CFA for years now.

Starlight Glimmer

User banned for use of an alt account.
Banned
Dec 30, 2017
The food is really good and the service is very friendly and well kept, at least for the ones I go to.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
They don't just fund anti-LGBT organizations but pro-life ones too. Can't eat at a Chic fil A and feel ok about it. Their official corporate mission statement is "glorify God and enrich the lives of everyone we touch." Get a chicken sandwich somewhere else.

Last edited:

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
never had it before although i am curious. all their religious crap put me off of them though so i'm in no hurry to give them my money. guess ill try it if somehow somebody buys it for me.

Scubamonk

Oct 30, 2017
I often wonder this myself. We've had chick fill a around here forever, and no one I know was eating there. Now if you go to any location its super busy all the time. My unfounded theory was the homophobia paid off for them in a big way. Right wingers rallied around it and spread the gospel of their delicious sandwiches.

potam

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I often wonder this myself. We've had chick fill a around here forever, and no one I know was eating there. Now if you go to any location its super busy all the time. My unfounded theory was the homophobia paid off for them in a big way. Right wingers rallied around it and spread the gospel of their delicious sandwiches.

lol this is so far off base jesus christ