• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'll just assume you drive a car powered by your own sense of self worth, because there's no way in hell you'd be buying gasoline to power it given what all of those companies are guilty of. But to answer your question, sated.
That is just whataboutism. But sure if you want to distract, point out the openly homophobic companies that everyone is donating to when they're buying cars.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
In Michigan and there wasn't any chick fil a here until ike maybe 1 year ago? I heard about how popular it was in the south so once the chick fil a opened up here one year ago I went there and WOW best tasting chicken sandwich ever. Also waffle fries :o I Never had waffle fries anywhere so those were really good too.

I wish I could go more but this chick fila is like 40 minutes drive from where I live and it's inside this huge ass mall :( also they don't serve breakfast and don't even have a drive thru so I haven't experienced the true chick fila experience . This Sucks :( I wanna go so badly sometimes

Then again I'd probably get very fat if one did exist near me

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They have great chicken sandwiches and I love how their employees will lick your boots.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Dave, that's stupidly cynical and you know it. Cmon son.

I used to sell phones to three Chick-fil-A store operators and every one of those dudes practiced what they preached. One owner would great people at the door during lunch when lines were wrapped around the corner and would run food. Another would man the drive thru. One would man the registers, get drinks, check on guests etc without prompt. They don't ask the employees to do things that they wouldn't do and from my understanding that's how all of the locations and operators work. They seem to have good store leadership and the employees seem to enjoy being there because their manager isn't some asshole who sits in the back and tells people what to do. They seem to genuinely care about people. You read stories about them feeding families down on their luck as well. Hell, a few weeks ago they came into the ATL airport and were feeding people from the power outage. They didn't have to do that. I'm sure some people would say they did that just for the publicity but that's not how Chick-fil-A works and they don't need the publicity. Everybody loves them anyway. Look at this thread.

Chick-fil-A is also hella active in communities all over. They sponsor all kinda of shit around here.

I can't tell you how many times I've worked in restaurants or gone to restaurants that were understaffed. I've NEVER seen that at a Chick-fil-A. Compare that to McDonald's or any whee else on a Friday night of a lunch hour. Chick-fil-A seems to genuinely give a shit about their employees and their customers while most fast food places don't seem to care about either group of people.

well you've convinced me. i'm gonna go today

RandomHopeInc

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Are you saying you thought the biscuit was heart shaped as some sort of consolation because of Trump's election? That's hysterical.

It was the decision of whoever baked the biscuits that morning, so I thought it as a message of love in a divided country. They are usually only heart shaped for valentines day, all of February.

Forgive me for taking consolation in a chicken biscuit

potam

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That is just whataboutism. But sure if you want to distract, point out the openly homophobic companies that everyone is donating to when they're buying cars.
sa.png

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Employees aren't treated like dog shit.

The Spicy Chicken Deluxe is the GOAT sandwich. If they had cheerwine on the menu I'd probably never go to Bojangles again for my chicken needs.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Republicans/conservatives/etc rallied behind the company during the controversy. I mean, Huckabee even called August 1 chuck-fil-a appreciation day.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chick-fil-a-rallying-point-for-conservative-pols/

So how is this far off base? It may not be the only reason, but it certainly contributed to it.
because republicans and conservatives arent that numerous to always have chick fil a's packed. not only that, they cant stick to anything. Remeber the motel 6 and french fries boycotts fox news and bill oreilly tried to start? Yea.

chik fil a's food is fucking awesome. its likely the healthiest fast food option out there and the chicken is just amazing. Even if i disagree with their homophobia.

Oct 25, 2017
it was extremely popular before the controversy. Reading the comments on here is hilarious, because I'm sure 99% of the anti-CFAers posting here probably live in an area with no CFA around.

Yes, they are a religious company, but you would never know that going into their restaurants and eating. Yes, they have done some bad things due to their faith, but they also embrace the good parts, and it shows in their restaurants. I guarantee you could walk into any CFA tomorrow and be greeted with a smile, a clean restaurant, consistently quality food, and be told it is their pleasure at the end of the transaction. I know gay people who eat there. I've seen (what I assume to be) gay teens working there.

We laughed when Sarah Palin tried to make it some conservative bastion, but you guys feed into it and start writing in your Conservative Conspiracies notebook.

Yes, they were popular but this thread is how the company has massively expanded since then. There is no conspiracy theory to the practices the company has employed.

Oh, and it seems people didn't actually read the last line in my post. I'll repeat it. It may not be the only reason, but it certainly contributed to it.

Oh, and you've seen teens working there which you think are gay. That totally makes the company giving millions, yes, millions to multiple anti-LGBT groups completely okay

Last edited:

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
I finally tried them last year on a business trip. The basic chicken sandwich is crazy good and the place was very clean and the staff very well mannered. I loved it.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of the outstanding customer service and THE KETCHUP PACKETS THAT ACTUALLY MAKE FUCKING SENSE, I think Chick-Fil-A, at least in my area, had a bit of the "In-n-Out" type of hype where we used to only be able to get it out of town, so it was a bit of a treat, but now it's everywhere, though the hype still doesn't die down.

Unlike In-N-Out, chick-fil-a is mighty tasty.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Dave, that's stupidly cynical and you know it. Cmon son.

I used to sell phones to three Chick-fil-A store operators and every one of those dudes practiced what they preached. One owner would great people at the door during lunch when lines were wrapped around the corner and would run food. Another would man the drive thru. One would man the registers, get drinks, check on guests etc without prompt. They don't ask the employees to do things that they wouldn't do and from my understanding that's how all of the locations and operators work. They seem to have good store leadership and the employees seem to enjoy being there because their manager isn't some asshole who sits in the back and tells people what to do. They seem to genuinely care about people. You read stories about them feeding families down on their luck as well. Hell, a few weeks ago they came into the ATL airport and were feeding people from the power outage. They didn't have to do that. I'm sure some people would say they did that just for the publicity but that's not how Chick-fil-A works and they don't need the publicity. Everybody loves them anyway. Look at this thread.

Chick-fil-A is also hella active in communities all over. They sponsor all kinda of shit around here.

I can't tell you how many times I've worked in restaurants or gone to restaurants that were understaffed. I've NEVER seen that at a Chick-fil-A. Compare that to McDonald's or any whee else on a Friday night of a lunch hour. Chick-fil-A seems to genuinely give a shit about their employees and their customers while most fast food places don't seem to care about either group of people.

That's been my experience with my local CFA as well. My local cfa is probably the highest-visibility one in the whole company - it was the first CFA restaraunt location and has produced a handful of future executives. The operator/manager does the same - ive even seen him working the portable card scanner walking up to cars in the overflow drive-thru and running food. His elderly mother sometimes helps and greets guests/cleans tables.

potam

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, they were popular but this thread is how the company has massively expanded since then. There is no conspiracy theory to the practices the company has employed.

Oh, and it seems people didn't actually read the last line in my post. I'll repeat it. It may not be the only reason, but it certainly contributed to it.

yes, the classic "rile up the entire nation to entice the 14 not already eating chick fil a to go" strategy. They teach it in business class 101.

Oh, and you've seen teens working there which you think are gay. That totally makes the company giving millions, yes, millions to multiple anti-LGBT groups completely okay

A company with a deeply Christian identity donates to Christian organizations. Shocking. Christian organizations aren't quite on board with the gays. Shocking.

You act as though they have an entire division set up at CFA HQ devoted to hating gay people.

Oct 25, 2017
yes, the classic "rile up the entire nation to entice the 14 not already eating chick fil a to go" strategy. They teach it in business class 101.

A company with a deeply Christian identity donates to Christian organizations. Shocking. Christian organizations aren't quite on board with the gays. Shocking.

You act as though they have an entire division set up at CFA HQ devoted to hating gay people.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick-fil-A_same-sex_marriage_controversy

Sales increased after the controversy. According to news coverage following the controversy:[72]

Chick-fil-A's sales soared 12 percent, to $4.6 billion, in 2012. The good fortune follows several years of impressive expansion and strong sales, which have pushed the privately held company's valuation north of $4.5 billion, making billionaires out of its founders ... These latest sales data are just further proof that all that negative coverage didn't hurt demand for chicken sandwiches among Chick-fil-A's core consumers.

Not sure why you are being dense about this. But here are some facts.

Why are you upset if I am against supporting a company that has supported groups that outright discriminate against a segment of the population? Some of those groups even do gay-conversion therapy which is horrendous.

Oct 25, 2017
Good food and customer service. They're not expanding because they hate gay people lol.

Have you actually read anything I have said?

They had a massive increase in sales after the controversy and it continued after that. Why is it hard for you to realize that the controversy helped the company. I never said it was the only factor but it's undeniable that it was a factor.

potam

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Have you actually read anything I have said?

They had a massive increase in sales after the controversy and it continued after that. Why is it hard for you to realize that the controversy helped the company. I never said it was the only factor but it's undeniable that it was a factor.

A rocket is launching into space. A bird flies past. The bird did not negatively impact the rocket's ascent.

You think the bird helped the rocket.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Good tasting and juicy chicken, and they call me brother Daniel every time I order food, so warm and welcoming. They even come around and ask if I need anything.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
The homophobia controversy gave the company a ton of publicity, and you know what they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity. The company did use that publicity to at least some degree to expand, they have opened tons of new locations in the time after the controversy, even in the south. They may have always been popular, but all the publicity they received allowed the company to expand their popularity to new places.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Living up here in the NW only knew about chik fil a was seeing it the sponsor of college football games and the cow had the 'eat more chikin' sign.

I think the controversy up here in Seattle got chik fil a in the minds of people. What keeps them coming back is the delicious food and great customer service.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll just assume you drive a car powered by your own sense of self worth, because there's no way in hell you'd be buying gasoline to power it given what all of those companies are guilty of. But to answer your question, sated.

You can not care about the homophobic stuff that chic-fil-a does, but that's a ridiculous comparison. I need gas in order to do anything around here, I don't live in a city, I have to drive places. I also need groceries, so I have to make sacrifices and shop at places that are garbage normally. But, a fast food place isn't a necessity.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You can not care about the homophobic stuff that chic-fil-a does, but that's a ridiculous comparison. I need gas in order to do anything around here, I don't live in a city, I have to drive places. I also need groceries, so I have to make sacrifices and shop at places that are garbage normally. But, a fast food place isn't a necessity.
Nah, I'm fine with the comparison. Food is a necessity. CFA sells food. Can I get food elsewhere? Sure. Can I get an electric car instead of a gas car? Sure. Could I walk everywhere instead of driving when the destination is the result of a want and not a need? Yes. Do I? No. I bet you dont either.

Oct 25, 2017
http://www.pacificmanagementconsultinggroup.com/articles/chickfila.pdf

Oh wow, they were having massive yearly increases BEFORE the controversy.

They were doing well before. They had a very large bump in sales after the controversy. Why is the concept so hard for you? They were being talked about by everyone during the controversy. It invigorated bigots to support the place and it made others curious to check out the place and see what the big deal was. Since they had good food, and a good model, this worked in their favor.

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I'm fine with the comparison. Food is a necessity. CFA sells food. Can I get food elsewhere? Sure. Can I get an electric car instead of a gas car? Sure. Could I walk everywhere instead of driving when the destination is the result of a want and not a need? Yes. Do I? No. I bet you dont either.

Not really. Not everyone can afford buying a new car right now. Especially not an electric car. Walking places is not feasible for most Americans not living cities or towns with good public transportation.

Last edited:

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Food is a necessity. CFA is not. You can get food elsewhere, you have other options. Its not your only choice of food, so its not a necessity. I can't get an electric car because I can't afford one, again, its a necessity for me to use my car that uses gas. My car was like $1500 when I bought it 10 years ago. And no, I can't walk anywhere. I live in a small country town. Its a necessity for a lot of us to use cars and gas because of our income levels and the areas we live in. CFA isn't comparable to that in any way.

Metal Slugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Cloud, MN
Been there a couple of times. It's OK but I'm always hungry afterwards despite spending more. Also all I can think of when I walk in is Mike Huckabee's stupid fucking lazy-eyed shitstain of a face. Fuck him.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
If you want a total pig out meal every once in a while, a spicy chicken sandwich and cookies and cream shake can't be beat.

That said, I only eat it like once every few months because it's fuckin' terrible for you and the corporate anti-LGBT+ values are repugnant.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
that's not what cornering the market is but it's also not true. There are plenty of other fast food chicken places.

There's Popeyes, church's, KFC, raising canes, and zaxbys (not sure they necessarily qualify as fast food) just off the top of my head. I can't speak to their quality outside of Popeyes and raising canes which are both ok. Haven't eaten at the others or if I have it was so long ago I can't remember.
I agree with you that him saying they had cornered the market on chicken wasn't exactly correct but I always get confused by the comparisons to Popeye's, KFC, and other fried chicken joints. I mean, yes: Chick Fil A sells chicken that is fried. I've never considered it in the same category as a Popeye's or Zaxby's though and don't think I've ever had a discussion about where to eat that sounded like "I'm craving some fried chicken tonight. You in the mood for some KFC, Popeye's, or Chick Fil A?"

When my wife, daughter, or I want fried chicken, we go get Popeye's or Golden Chick (or rarely KFC, I'm not much of a fan). When we want Chick Fil A or just chicken sandwiches, we get CFA.