• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with you that him saying they had cornered the market on chicken wasn't exactly correct but I always get confused by the comparisons to Popeye's, KFC, and other fried chicken joints. I mean, yes: Chick Fil A sells chicken that is fried. I've never considered it in the same category as a Popeye's or Zaxby's though and don't think I've ever had a discussion about where to eat that sounded like "I'm craving some fried chicken tonight. You in the mood for some KFC, Popeye's, or Chick Fil A?"

When my wife, daughter, or I want fried chicken, we go get Popeye's or Golden Chick (or rarely KFC, I'm not much of a fan). When we want Chick Fil A or just chicken sandwiches, we get CFA.
Because in addition to bone-in pieces of chicken they serve boneless chicken cuts and chicken sandwiches as well and they don't serve anything but chicken as the protein for the most part. You're basically saying these places that serve tenders and nuggets and sandwiches aren't really comparable to cfa... because they're not cfa.

Nathan_Drake

Nov 6, 2017
No one with access to a Bojangles should be caught dead in a chikfila.
LOL what. There is a bojangels across from our Chick-fil-A. The lights on the signs don't work. It's scary looking and empty. Chick-fil-A is renovated and packed. Went last night and they had 6 employees outside to make the 2 lanes moves fast. Efficient as a Japanese company in the 80s. People are so nice. Never a bad experience.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
No idea, trash chicken, trash biscuits, creepy as fuck employee greetings, and scumbag leadership.

Shit is garbage from top to bottom.

Their food is legit worse than random gas station chicken that has sat in their warmer for 48 hours.

Not at all what it's like here. I'l be sure to never visit your local stores.

They have some of the best fast food chicken out there.

We have a Chick-fil-a, Bojangles, and KFC right near each other. The only one that is slammed every day is Chick-fil-a.

Edit* Forgot Zaxby's. Also have them right near us. I'd say they're as good as CFA.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
my grandfather was best friends with s. truett cathy, growing up we'd get whole trucks filled with chick-fil-a.

i must say, i absolutely don't resent my christian upbringing for this reason, among others.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
If/when Chik-fil-a gets a $4 deal of any kind,there will be stampedes the likes of which Black Friday has never seen. People will die.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
Boggles my mind that people on era of all places are in favor of patronizing a restaurant that actively fights against progressive causes and by extension, damages people's lives.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Been going to this joint called Flyrite in Austin, don't know if there's any other locations. Anyway they're like chic fil a but a bit better? The chicken and everything is very similar. And there's none of that religious, right wing nonsense! Their fries aren't as good but I can get a tall boy lone star to-go so there's that.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
It's super overrated quality-wise and owned by homophobic fundies. Since they put one here, I've eaten it three times and left underwhelmed each time (the chicken tenders were pretty decent though). Considering all the other choices I have around here, I just don't see the point.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
Been going to this joint called Flyrite in Austin, don't know if there's any other locations. Anyway they're like chic fil a but a bit better? The chicken and everything is very similar. And there's none of that religious, right wing nonsense! Their fries aren't as good but I can get a tall boy lone star to-go so there's that.
Flyrite's pretty good. Sandwiches are big but the cutlets are a little dry imo but they may have changed since I last had it.

Deleted member 5545

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People who grew up on mcd's and kraft mac-n-cheese getting their first taste of somewhat-competently made food become addicted. Throw in a drive-thru and you've got them hooked for good.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Flyrite's pretty good. Sandwiches are big but the cutlets are a little dry imo but they may have changed since I last had it.
Hmm. I haven't noticed the tenders being dried out seem pretty juicy to me and I usually get that when I go. They got this sriracha/mayo sauce that's pretty great I dip em in. I also get their "cowboy" sandwich. Pretty bomb.

MaxEverblack

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Iowa
I grew up in Florida, where CFA is very popular. I always chose Zaxby's over CFA as I feel Zaxby's is lightyears better than CFA. I moved to Iowa a few years back and the only fast food chicken place here is CFA. I tried going back there a few years ago and my wife and I both agree that the food is very bland. I refuse to give them any of my money as well due to the controversy.

Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
It's cheap fast food and Americans like cheap fast food. It also appeals to a significant portion of the population who hate gay people.

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
It's my favorite fast food breakfast. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :)

Thank you, I'll be going in another hour. :) To be honest, I haven't had too much of their stuff on the menu. Only the waffle fries, the nuggets, the chicken sandwich, and their chocolate chip milkshake.

Honestly their breakfast biscuit with a strawberry jelly packet squeezed on it is the best ff breakfast you can get. It's good without the jelly, but damn it's so much better with.

Mmm. Strawberry jam is indeed the best. <3 Many thanks for the recommendation.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Big thanks to people recommending the spicy deluxe sandwich and also the Chik-fil-A sauce. Didn't know either existed and together they were great. Went there for lunch today and the woman running the register gave me a free sandwich because I was wearing a UNC-CH sweatshirt. Threatened to take it away when I told her I'm glad I didnt wear my Pats hoodie. Great service as usual. She also told me to look at my receipt. On there was a link to a quick survey which resulted in another free sandwich.

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I recommend everyone download the app. Get lots of shit for free all the time.

Big thanks to people recommending the spicy deluxe sandwich and also the Chik-fil-A sauce. Didn't know either existed and together they were great. Went there for lunch today and the woman running the register gave me a free sandwich because I was wearing a UNC-CH sweatshirt. Threatened to take it away when I told her I'm glad I didnt wear my Pats hoodie. Great service as usual. She also told me to look at my receipt. On there was a link to a quick survey which resulted in another free sandwich.

Yeah Chick-Fil-A employees are the nicest people I've met working an entry level job. Just awfully wonderful people, and it seems to be a nationwide thing. I don't get it.

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
Great food, & great customer service. Bottom line.

Name another fast food restaurant that has as many customers as Chick-Fil-A has.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
18j48weujcgewjpg.jpg
lol

LOLDSFAN

Oct 25, 2017
Because they're freaking amazing.

Great chicken, yummy milkshakes, kind staff.

They're one of the few fast food restaurants with standards.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Maybe people should take some time to think about that. If they actually knew, there'd be no dilemma.

Were I to start applying such standards across the board, I'd find myself living on a beach under a lean-to and my only friend would be a volleyball named 'Wilson.' Actually, I'd have to ditch the volleyball if I knew the truth about the CEO of the company that made it.

I think many that eat there know what truett's beliefs are.

You mean, "were." He's not around anymore.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Chick-Fil-A is up there with Chipotle for me in regards to confusion over their popularity.

Even down here in the south, where fried chicken is widely available (and great) CFA still has cars wrapped around the building and often spilling out onto the street to get into the drive-thru.

I mean it's not bad food, but it's just average.

I don't get it.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Chick-Fil-A is up there with Chipotle for me in regards to confusion over their popularity.

Even down here in the south, where fried chicken is widely available (and great) CFA still has cars wrapped around the building and often spilling out onto the street to get into the drive-thru.

I don't get it.

compare it to other fast food places, though, and its the god-king.

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017

I don't get it.

I'm not going to Chick-fil-A because I want fried chicken. That's what Publix is for.