• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Front Mission 4 is one of my favorite ps2 games. Goddamn did I love everything about that game. Tons of customization, great art, long and difficult missions, and great combat. Team attacks/links were so satisfying. I actually think a front mission revival would do pretty decent on PC.

Ladioss

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Manga spinoff Dog Life and Dog Style was pretty good. Anyone here remembers it ?

I mostly played the first FM on SFC, because Amano. The gameplay was pretty simplistic but still plenty of good fun. I miss the times when Square could do this type of games.

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
Love the Front Mission series.

Games have me that 90's futuristic Japanese mecha vibe, but with realistic designs which is sorely missing today.

Damn it now I wanna play FM3.

OP
OP
sfortunato

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Do you guys know whether there is some fan-translation for FM2 and FM5?

Yeah no. For someone living in Europe, they didn't try at all. I actually bought FM3, which was the only mainline game released here. They tried almost as much as they did with Dragon Quest which only came here by the 8th entry. On the PS2.

Yeah, they tried but without actual planning. For example, why bring the game as FM3? Just rename it FM:subtitle. Also they waste an opportunity brining the full franchise over here when Tactics was the hot thing.