• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
On there on my regular account which is mostly NBA memes and Giant Bomb Quick Looks

Checked Incognito for a giggle, there too

Not there when I pop uBlock on

There's a spot to ask 'Why this ad' and the answer is 'due to the date/time and my current location', so did they just buy the front page of Youtube all day, is that the deal

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why not just have your adblocker on all the time. Fuck that website.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I had to log out to get ads back, but I'm seeing a clip for the Hyundai Palisade. I'm also not in the US so I doubt I'd get Trump stuff anyway, thank goodness.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
vote for him. i mean, it's not 2020, so the only thing you can vote in are all the "worst president ever" polls that are around, and he's basically a shoo-in

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
gmx6WBz.png

fun

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
trump is dumping a butt load of ad money because the dem debates will be in the news and will get a lot of coverage on youtube

OP
OP

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
It's almost like exposure in the "marketplace of ideas" is heavily skewed towards those who have a shitton of money

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Because Trump's team paid Google to put their ad there. It's really that simple. Money speaks more than morals to corporations.

Edit: ... Oh God I just echoed everyone else. S'what I get for forgetting to press reply.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh yeah that'll do it

I'm mostly surprised since with ad targeting and such I haven't seen a 'everyone in the US is getting this ad' deal ever

Apparently they did the same in January focused on immigration.

Shame most Dems haven't learned from the Obama campaign and use the internet to their advantage.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Ive seen other trump ads on youtube and I just report them as inappropriate.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a waste considering how much of YouTube were already planning on doing that anyway. That's not even mentioning how hard the algorithm likes pushing his fanbase videos on the platform.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I'm seeing it, too, and it's been annoying me all day. I'm on my work computer and I don't have the permissions necessary to install an ad blocker in the browser. :/

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Every time you view it someone is paying for it. Be angry it's there at all, but be glad it's not hitting it's intended audience.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They paid top dollar to distract people from the Democratic debates tonight. If you want to own Trump you will ignore the ad and watch Elizabeth Warren.

killdatninja

Oct 26, 2017
Turned off the ad blocker and sure as shit, first thing I see at the top, I don't even see an option to report the ad.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
He threw money at it today to take attention away from the Democratic gathering.

I'm avoiding Youtube because of it.

Trash garbage.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On there on my regular account which is mostly NBA memes and Giant Bomb Quick Looks

Checked Incognito for a giggle, there too

Not there when I pop uBlock on

There's a spot to ask 'Why this ad' and the answer is 'due to the date/time and my current location', so did they just buy the front page of Youtube all day, is that the deal
518f2cb548d637005c8c1b10a184db16

Oct 27, 2017
I actually got a Trump ad on my personal website about a year. The same site where I wrote a satirical article in which 60% dreamt about Trump falling down a flight of stairs. I had to go into ad setting to turn off political ads. Such a normal thing for a president and his rich friends to run ads for four straight years.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Remember you're not the target customer of YouTube. You're the product. They sell your eyeballs to ad buyers.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
is it legal in the US to start the presidential campaign so early?
Yes. We don't have laws setting a campaign period or whatever (and if we tried enacting them they'd almost certainly be ruled unconstitutional for violating the first amendment). You can start running as early as you want. Trump has been running 2020 campaign ads since he was inaugurated.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
is it legal in the US to start the presidential campaign so early?
People are serious when they've replied that Trump started on inauguration day. That's when he filed with the FEC for his re-election campaign. His first big fundraiser was in June 2017.

It's truly absurd here that politicians spend about 50% of their time fundraising and working on getting re-elected, and getting paid taxpayer money to do it while not focusing on the job they're supposed to be doing.

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jokes on them, I only visit the front page of youtube at work over my lunch, and my firewall blocks most every ad.