• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand this weird test thing if that is the case. Wouldn't the best test be to release your best selling products instead of games with lukewarm sales to begin with, so you can, I dunno, make more money? Manhunt 2 and a bully port made its way to Wii, not to mention la noire on Switch.

Note: I'm not talking about any GTA in specific as it has been ported and re-released many times since it exploded in popularity during the ps2 days. I realize there was a top down spinoff title on DS, but even that seemed strange to me when they could have easily ported the gta3, vc, and sa to the Wii.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Easier to port because the games are smaller. GTA games are huge o just the testing for bugs takes a gazillions of time

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this is a big mystery. Why should a controversial and scandalous game like Manhunt 2 be for Nintendo gamers but not GTA games? GTA San Andreas on Wii made sense more than anything else.

Frankie_baby

Banned
Feb 11, 2018
I was always of the opinion that a wii/psp san andreas stories should have been an absolute no brainer but rockstar in their infinite wisdom thought Chinatown wars for DS made more sense and it's pretty clear it blatantly didnt

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Holiday 2018? Probably easier and cheaper. They were already doing it, they get to practice on the switch, etc

I'm surprised at the lack of some other ports. But I guess we'll know by September if 3rd parties will do less then the minimum.

Frankie_baby

Banned
Feb 11, 2018
Also could there be any pettiness resulting from Nintendo not being interested in GTA on the n64 back in the days when DMA worked closely as a partner with them?

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Because the developer decided to bring those games over.

Status
Not open for further replies.