Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
ahhhh!!! time for some tasty ass bubbacue~ !!

give me four dry slices of beef and a wrinkly bread ass please

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao that beef looks dry as fuck. And why the two random pickles? To put in the bread? And random stout as well as if that's not enough for at least 3 servings of this bullshit.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Doesn't look it it's properly seasoned or smoked. Needs jalapenos, onions, pickles, sausage.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Man, Munchies articles always come off so oddly aggressive.

"Even our rub has espresso in it. I mean what's more New York than that?"
That does sound interesting though.

Lys Skygge

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
A BBQ place opened up just across the street from where I live. My fiance and I decided to check it out and pretty much got what was pictured above. Cost about $15 a piece and we left very unsatisfied.

I live in Arizona btw.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
As a southerner, this offends me on an atomic level.

milch

Oct 25, 2017
How many people actually got beyond the pic and made it to the point of the article?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This post originally appeared on MUNCHIES in June 2014.

It's been 4 years since this article was actually written and published. It doesn't really seem like Brooklyn BBQ has taken over the world.

Though to be honest I don't even know what style of barbecue it is I'm getting when I eat out.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
How many people actually got beyond the pic and made it to the point of the article?
It's not a better look if you read the article

"Ordering by weight is something done in Central Texas, but it is also something they do at New York delis," he said. "Even our rub has espresso in it. I mean what's more New York than that?"
Putting interesting things into the rub or marinade isn't something Brooklyn invented

"Brooklyn BBQ is more stylish, more loose," he said. "It lets you break from traditional Texas or Kansas City BBQ. It's more of a blend of every style, which lets you play around with every recipe rather than following a straight-up traditional recipe."
Pretending like there's some kind of orthodoxy in BBQ, a form of cooking that is frequently improvisational depending on the quality of the wood, the nature of the uneven cuts of meat involved and the environment in which the cook happens is hilarious. This is that fucking 'you eat pho wrong' article all over again.

This isn't "Brooklyn BBQ" taking over the world. This is people making do with what they have, and that's fine! But good god is it putting this second-rate plate of food on a pedestal for nothing more than clicks.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
God that just looks insulting as fuck to the art of BBQing.
Do not spread this heresy to the rest of the world.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
like, I don't even understand what this article is trying to say. that brooklyn bbq is more accessible?

and the ending bit

"I wonder what would happen if someone tried to imitate the inimitable Aaron Franklin in Buenos Aires, calling their brisket 'Austin-style.' Would there be outrage? Cries of heresy? Maybe it is just that the Brooklyn brand is already so exploited that no one really gives a shit anymore?"

what the hell does that even mean lol, franklin's brisket is just brisket with a half salt half pepper rub and smoked with oak. why would there be outrage if you emulated that? it's a simple ass recipe where the quality hinges more on the quality of the meat you're using and the process by which you smoke it.

I don't understand anything about this article

and I'm still caught up on that struggle ass picture of brisket and those kings rolls