• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is Chick-fil-A overrated?

• No

Votes: 493 59.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 332 40.2%

• Total voters

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
When i used to eat there it was the cookies and shakes that got me going back, the food is fine you can get equal or better elsewhere

ArachosiA

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Until Popeye's joined in, they had the best chicken sandwich in the biz. They are very clean and extremely well-run, too.

And Chic-fil-a sauce is incredible.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
  • Tastes good
  • Decent and consistent quality
  • Great service with generally faster serving times that don't impact quality
  • Great app that helps with the other service factors
Now, that's just the sandwich and general service. Their prices are a bit higher than the equivalent elsewhere, and their chicken nuggets are for ants while priced insane.

While there are areas apparently that have other great service options in fast food, many only have CFA above your McDs and Wendy's. It's the one thing that most chains don't sadly match. Popeye's sandwich is great, but when you get things like 70% of the chicken consisting of breading and other issues, it isn't as appealing to a lot of people.

Hopefully more places can up their service game to have CFA be unremarkable.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Iunno, I really like their chicken sandwiches, far better than the other chains, and of course the waffle fries and service are awesome. Haven't tried the Popeye's one yet, not looking to get shanked just yet.

Last edited:

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
their food tastes good and their prices are a little higher than other places so it makes us believe they are more premium.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018

I mean I live in LA so I'm spoiled , I can get pretty much anything before I settle for them. I like the Habit a lot, Popeye's has eaten their lunch, * forgot about Cane's ,I have a dang Roscoes up the street (I'd rather buy a nice Bolillo and stick a piece of their chicken on it).

I have 181632 Mexican/ middle eastern meat markets around me for Asada style chicken, Chicken Sharma... The way they are absolutely worshiped and defended by some baffles me, it's a fast food chicken sandwich. It reeks of people with no other options / laziness/ middle America palettes

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
It's fine chicken. Cane's and popeye's have better chicken and bojangles has a better chicken biscuit.

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They have good (for fast food) chicken, the service is great, and they do a lot of charitable stuff and don't abuse their workers.

The problem is the anti-LGBTQ stuff.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
I bought $14 of food through the drive thru and forgot my card, and the dude said this is on us. And if you have the app, they give away food all the time, atleast my chain does. Service and food is top notch.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because it tastes damn good? By far the best service for a fast food restaurant?

Not really a mystery

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
they also cook(cooked?) their chicken differently, in peanut oil IIRC

also you guys keep going to CFA and Popeyes expecting the sandwiches to change your perspective on humanity or something. it's still fast food, it's just good fast food

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty good tasting, pretty consistent, and it doesn't price itself out of that fast food impulse buy.

Haven't been there for a while now though, they're not good enough to overcome their bullshit.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Had it for the first time back in October twice. It's really consistent and tastes good for fast food. The waffle fries definitely edge out the other fries on the market. It's not that it's GREAT or anything, it's just not a massive disappointment or super gross like other chains.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
It's one of the better fast food places around, but it's not stellar or anything. I don't give them my money though.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
It's not just the regular chicken Sammie that is good.... it's actually pretty wack...

The secret is to get the spicy chicken Sammy. I am someone who hates spicy food with a passion and this sandwich is less spicy and more crispy savory goodness. The "spicy" part is in name only. But it's damn good FUCKING HELL. Top that sumbitch off with some waffle fries and a frosted lemonade?!! AHHHH SHIEEET you gotta real problem bro.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Unironically homophobia.

Lines around the buildings only got longer when it was publicly known they were pieces of shit. Remember people singing the National Anthem inside the stores? Notice any of the online reactions of disappointment every time they pretend they won't donate to anti-LGBT groups?

Chicken tastes fine, but they aren't popular due to taste, but rather hate.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Another food place not in the UK, so I don't know, but fast food can't be that good so it probably is overrated.

look at the difference between the breading, this is a generic chicken tender, this is what fast food joints (or even sit down joints with huge mark ups) would sell.

Super-Crispy-Chicken-Tenders-2.jpg

This is a chick fil a nugget

Final__0047_CFA_PDP_Nuggets-8ct_1085.png

Notice how lightly it's battered, they didn't just sloppily throw a bunch of eggs and flour together and deep fry it the cheapest trans fat oil they could find, they use peanut oil.

It makes a huge difference. And as others noted, it's just a much better run fast food joint than any other chain, the employee's are well trained and keep the place clean.

Feb 10, 2018
look at the difference between the breading, this is a generic chicken tender, this is what fast food joints (or even sit down joints with huge mark ups) would sell.

Super-Crispy-Chicken-Tenders-2.jpg

This is a chick fil a nugget

Final__0047_CFA_PDP_Nuggets-8ct_1085.png

Notice how lightly it's battered, they didn't just sloppily throw a bunch of eggs and flour together and deep fry it the cheapest trans fat oil they could find, they use peanut oil.

It makes a huge difference.

So it's like the 5guys of fast food fried chicken joints?

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Because fast food is a religion in this country. And, like all religions, the "faithful" with overlook all the problematic shit as long as they think they're getting manna.

Feb 10, 2018
It's not nearly as expensive as five guys but yes, it's a higher quality product than your typical fast food chain. It's only issue is their political contributions suck, thankfully they're moving away from it.

Lol so it's not overrated.
Like I said I have not tried, but fast food tends to be overrated imo.
5guys is overrated imo, no doubt the ingredients are high quality and unprocessed, but they taste like a burger I would make at home, I know it worse for me but I actually prefer going to mcdonalds there tastes unique and it does not break the bank like 5guys.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Their chicken sandwich is awesome and they have the best nuggets bar none. That said, the Popeyes new chicken sandwich is almost as good and Popeyes is a lot closer to my house so I don't get chik fil a often.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good food, generally fast service. Basically keeps getting fast food from being a chore.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
The restaurant is always clean. They opened one up in Massachusetts and the tables are bussed and wiped down and the floor is spotless. Same in Texas.
The employees have always been nice too. I don't know if they pay more or have better managers or more workers so everyone isn't stressed out but that's been my experience the handful of times I've gone.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
As much as I hate to admit it they're the best fastfood around. But as of right now, this second, I will no longer eat there. In favor of my gay and lesbian friends here on Era. It costs me nothing but convenience.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
People just like to lowkey brag that they aren't "SJWs"

Its a shitty chicken sandwich with a pickle on it. If I want waffle fries I'll take my ass to Mr. Hero.

Emmaginary

Self-requested ban
Aug 13, 2019