• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

oneida

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
you'll have to forgive me as I've been out of the loop on this character for years, didn't play DK Returns and am now playing TF.

last i remember, DK sounded like this:

fearsome, powerful, sad about his stolen bananas

now he sounds like this:

i have to say this is tremendously disturbing. wtf happened to him?

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
His old sound effects barely even sounded like a living creature. Modern Donkey Kong is a beast.

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
I also really dislike the voice change and how stupid it sounds (really, the aesthetics in general are a slight step down from the 2D Rare titles). At least the rest of the game is fantastic.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Grant Kirkhope DK > Modern DK > Nintendo 64 DK > everything else >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Smash DK

OP
OP
oneida

oneida

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Modern Donkey Kong is a beast.
f43uwIE.jpg

Merc_

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
He doesn't have dialogue so it's not like it really matters.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Kongs' voices in Tropical Freeze are stupid as fuck

And I LOVE them

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
He's an insane gorilla, idk what to tell ya. Fits my headcanon because Smash has leaned on that concept too.

I actually was just posting a bit ago about how I complained about this on my Club Nintendo survey for Tropical Freeze back in 2014. I thought it was too cartoony and that you could keep the tone of the game while making DK sound a little more like an actual ape.

Idk playing through it again I love that they went all-in on the absurdiy.

Hope they don't ever give DK a speaking voice tbh

EmSeta

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't really notice for some reason last time around, but now playing TF, I find his voice annoying. He does sound like an aged goofy.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
While I love DKC Returns, the tone is so much worse than the original series. I really wish they would take more inspiration from that than the Saturday morning cartoon style they do now.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it could be worse:

Voiced by Richard Yearwood:

yearwoodguu0y.png

I agree though that Donkey Kong's voice in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze seems a bit silly.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i think he sounds goofy now but i never realized he literally sounds like goofy.

his mk64 voice is still the worst. always reminded me of pretty fly for a white guy.

give it to me baby