• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
ERA seems to have started off 2019 on a very angry foot, seen so many bitter and negative threads around these last few days over the most innocous shit.

Between the "fuck you if you tell me 'bless you' when I sneeze" thread, the "Chris Pratt is getting married and people are trying to out him as a bigot because he prays" thread and the oh so embarassing Rock thread where people were furiously climbing over each other to hate on the People's Champion without taking a goddamn minute to verify the source was a goddamn tabloid, it appears ERA is just aching to hate on something or someone as quick as possible with little to no effort. Of course I realize we're not a hive-mind but YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT I MEAN.

Here are Dr. Fantastic's, your favorite MD!, recommendations for a chiller 2019:

1. Hit the gym! Exercise increases your overall health and your sense of well-being, which puts more pep in your step every day. But exercise also has some direct stress-busting benefits. It pumps up your endorphins. Physical activity helps bump up the production of your brain's feel-good neurotransmitters, called endorphins. This recommendation can also directly lead to unlocking recommendation #3.
  2. Smoke some ganja! There are more than 100 compounds called "cannabinoids" found in Cannabis. One of the most researched compounds in Cannabis is Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). THC is mostly known for causing the euphoric sensation or "high" most people associate Cannabis with, but it also has medical applications for a range of conditions that can cause, aggravate, or arise from chronic stress, including depression and anxiety. Hit your local dealer up my good bitches. Low key jelly of California ERA tbh.
  3. Get yourself a SO! Ahhhh love! What better feeling to love someone and be loved in return? To feel the sweet release when you climax after 90 seconds of love-making*! This can surely turn the crankiest frown upside down :) Plus, having someone around might also be able to drag you out of your mother's basement so, win?
  4. Don't like humans? Get yourself a puppy, or a kitty! They've been known to prevent the angriest of posters from shitposting.
tumblr_mcw835KPVb1qbwhii.jpg

What say you ERA? What do you do when you're feeling the rage coming to a boil and need to bring yourself down?

*ERA average from studies and polls conducted in the past year

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Because Trump is still president. Put a democrat in office and there will be a mood shift... focus will switch a bit away from politics

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm angry all the time in real life so it pisses me off that people complain so much here. Fuck it all goddamnit. Lighten up you fucks!

MindofKB

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
OP, thanks for posting this. I've noticed a wave of angry threads over the last week too.

ERA seems to really be on edge lately.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Sir. I get to play a REMAKE of Resident Evil 2 here soon. How in the world can I be mad right now?

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Get yourself a SO! Ahhhh love! What better feeling to love someone and be loved in return? To feel the sweet release when you climax after 90 seconds of love-making*! This can surely turn the crankiest frown upside down :) Plus, having someone around might also be able to drag you out of your mother's basement so, win?

From the Jamie Kennedy at E3 school of comedy.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Nice thread haha

More seriously, branching out from Era when you are feeling irrationnally angry is a good tip.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I haven't noticed, but I'm going to blame it on everyone being miserable coming back to work after the holidays.

Or maybe it was dealing with their extended families over the holidays that made people miserable. Whatever.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Get yourself a SO! Ahhhh love! What better feeling to love someone and be loved in return? To feel the sweet release when you climax after 90 seconds of love-making*! This can surely turn the crankiest frown upside down :) Plus, having someone around might also be able to drag you out of your mother's basement so, win?
I'd be too worried they might make an account on Era.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
This forum is filled with depressed, angry edge edgelords who wear their apparent misanthropy like a badge of honor.
It is also home to many of the worst kind of "chicken little" reactionary posters who make mountains out of molehills constantly.

Just chill out, people. There is more to life than ensuring that every celebrity is 100% on message all the time, not everyone is running underground hate cults in their basements, and the world isn't literally ending tomorrow because of whatever dumb shit Trump tweeted today.

What's more is that those depressed people immerse themselves in nothing but the terrible news stories that get shared in OT about this killing or that, or how Trump is fucking over minorities again, or whatever other tragedy du jour is currently on the front page, further spiralling them into deeper feelings of hopelessness. Take a break. Go outside. Hang with your friends. Go on r/aww or r/humansbeingbros or something.

Last edited:

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
I for one have been popping an inordinate amount of edibles lately and have never been happier or more focused and rested. Plus RE2 remake drops soon! And we are halfway through the Trump Show so that's worth celebrating.

cirr

Oct 26, 2017
Northern VA
2 years of Trump in office plus the prior year of election fuckery in addition to media chasing clicks have resulted in perpetual news despair and everlasting anger.

It's on the rest of the internet but consolidated here as a unintended side effect of Era's excellent moderation and the segments of the gaming/OT population that frequent the site.

Baka Sempai

Oct 30, 2017
Are you trying to anger-shame me ? you sir/ma'm are not just offending me, but my sense of self-entitlement too.
I believe an apology is due, otherwise I'm making this viral.

OP
OP
Mr. Fantastic

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
I'm blaming Aquaman to be honest, not having a new DCEU movie to hate has made people lose their shit :(

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
This forum is filled with depressed, angry edge edgelords who wear their apparent misanthropy like a badge of honor.
It is also home to many of the worst kind of "chicken little" reactionary posters who make mountains out of molehills constantly.

Just chill out, people. There is more to life than insuring that every celebrity is 100% on message all the time, not everyone is running underground hate cults in their basements, and the world isn't literally ending tomorrow because of whatever dumb shit Trump tweeted today.

What's more is that those depressed people immerse themselves in nothing but the terrible news stories that get shared in OT about this killing or that, or how Trump is fucking over minorities again, or whatever other tragedy du jour is currently on the front page, further spiralling them into deeper feelings of hopelessness. Take a break. Go outside. Hang with your friends. Go on r/aww or r/humansbeingbros or something.

Okay Guy.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Trump and far right populism and all the garbage that comes with it. Also, the internet is faker than ever. And YouTube comments sections exist.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Are people on here really angry though?

Its hard to judge tone on the internet first thing especially over text. Personally, I'm quite chill when I'm on the net and I can't imagine people angrily typing away at their keyboards about something...

This thread might be much apropos about nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.