• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

Why is it that Die Hard 2 is the best in the series?

Why is Die Hard 2 the best in the series?

• The airport is a better location

Votes: 42 60.0%
  • Ze Germans

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Renny Harlin’s direction makes me hot and bothered

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • 1 and 3 is like the third Home Alone

Votes: 9 12.9%

• Total voters
OP
OP
ScandiNavy
Apr 13, 2018
Norway
You'd best start believin' in troll threads...
I’m quite aware that most people don’t like Renny Harlin’s Die Hard, yes.
Entertaining, is a word I’d rather use. Because I do actually seek opinions on this matter.

Home Alone 3 is a pure troll option, though.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
LMFAO

Bahahahahahahah

Man, this really it a hoot of a thread. So obviously wrong for the sake of humor! Thanks for this, needed it today.

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yes, finally someone else on the internet with some common sense. Die Hard 2 is the first R rated movie I ever saw, and I'll forever swear up and down that it's the best of the series.

It goes 2, 3, 1, ... 4, and the others don't exist.

Oct 25, 2017
Die Hard 2 is garbage.

That is all.
This.

There are exactly two good Die Hard movies, and Die Hard 2 sure as hell isn't one of them (it was the first example of something bad from that franchise long before Live Free or A Good Day ever happened).
Porcelain gun was a neat angle though.
The weapons consultant specifically told them that idea was nonsense during production, IIRC.

Oct 28, 2017
The only reason I can think of would be bad taste.

1>3———>2>4—————————>5

Maybe 4 is better than 2 too, I’d have to rewatch it, I suspect it is.

I mean it has some cool shit, it’s not awful, but it had a lot of shit that makes no sense.

Nov 12, 2017
You cheeky bastard. You know that Die Hard 2 is the least popular and you still framed the thread under a narrative that everyone loves it most.

I can't tell if you're trolling or if you genuinely love it and are playfully pretending that people prefer it. You do you.

It's not that bad. I'm a little surprised to see people say "even 4 is better". That feels a bit much.

Yeah. This right here.

Oct 25, 2017
Die Hard is legit one of the best movies.

Action? Check.
Violence? Check.
Titty? Check.
Snappy one-liners dialog? Check.
Alan Rickman A game? Check.
“Just like FUCKIN SAIGON” ? Check.
Great music, including Christmas in Holis? Check.