• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OMG, they're doing it again? There's like a bunch of game media sites spending loads of time on NMS AGAIN. How does No Man's Sky, a game hated by millions of gamers around the globe get 100x more coverage two years later than actual innovative games being launched now like The Persistance and/or Detached when NMS is still fundamentally the same game?

I feel like a week from now there's going to be the same bitching and moaning about the misgivings and bugs in the game from people that already played and discover that it's still essentially the same gameplay loop.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
OMG, they're doing it again? There's like a bunch of game media sites spending loads of time on NMS AGAIN. How does No Man's Sky, a game hated by millions of gamers around the globe get 100x more coverage two years later than actual innovative games being launched now like The Persistance and/or Detached when NMS is still fundamentally the same game?

I feel like a week from now there's going to be the same bitching and moaning about the misgivings and bugs in the game from people that already played and discover that it's still essentially the same gameplay loop.
Let people enjoy things they like

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
VR games are a small market pen, Games without VR on 3/4 core platforms are MUCH larger market pen.

Also the game is much better, with a slew of updates post NMS:N, and more coming.

RashBandicoot

Nov 3, 2017
Because the update actually gave us the game we wanted 2 years ago? I was against it when it launched but now it's damn beautiful.

Stimpack

Oct 27, 2017
It had a lot of buzz around release and the update is trying to correct a lot of issues people had. Idk, seems reasonable?

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
It received a pretty hefty (and free) update after two years of extra work on it along with a controversial initial release and that's newsworthy.

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
Because it's a free update to a game that sold a couple million copies (I guess) and that said update looks to be addressing some previous complaints about missing features. Seems reasonable to me.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France

I don't know why you'd claim something like this when you seem completely unaware of what's been happening with the game lately, or even for months.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
You okay OP? The game just got another major update and an Xbone port. It's news. News that gamers who are not you are interested in. Just don't click the articles if it bothers you that much, lol.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Media outlets cover new content releases. This thread will not facilitate any meaningful discussion as its own topic and it is closed to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.