• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
the real question is how big are rosalina's turds
are they proportionate in size
or does she have the sort of diet where it's like hot chocolate with marshmellows

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
The Mario series has always been subversive with its character heights. Consider the fact that Mario, the hero, is a very short and stout man. Princess Peach, the female icon, is portrayed as taller than him in nearly every context.

The Mario series is a world where short men can be heroes and tall women can be Gods. Super Mario cares not for your notions of body normality.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The hell is going on with Luigi and NPC Luigi.

NPC Luigi is the Luigi you talk to when you play as Mario. He's taller so as to be in scale with Mario.
Luigi is the playable version. Unlike the NPC version, it cannot be very different in size to Mario, since the entire game is designed with Mario's size in mind, but that's OK because you never meet Mario to compare to him (that I know of).

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
She's a Goddess, not just a princess.

Plus, tall women are awesome and rarely get represented.

My wife plays Mario Kart exclusively as Rosalina.

My wife is 6'.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
death by snoo snoo

YwwJO.gif

Knew I'd find this here.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The Mario series has always been subversive with its character heights. Consider the fact that Mario, the hero, is a very short and stout man. Princess Peach, the female icon, is portrayed as taller than him in nearly every context.

The Mario series is a world where short men can be heroes and tall women can be Gods. Super Mario cares not for your notions of body normality.
I like this read of the Mushroom Kingdom.

NPC Luigi is the Luigi you talk to when you play as Mario. He's taller so as to be in scale with Mario.
Luigi is the playable version. Unlike the NPC version, it cannot be very different in size to Mario, since the entire game is designed with Mario's size in mind, but that's OK because you never meet Mario to compare to him (that I know of).
My guess is that the playable Luigi is closer to Mario's size because stuff like animations, geometry and such.
That may be the mechanical justification, but the lore justification screams Bigger Luigi (as mentioned upthread).

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So according to that chart she's 7'07''. That's as tall as the worlds tallest woman.

Peach is also quite tall. I think Mario has type

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Playable Luigi is not the real Luigi, first time Luigi see him, he says "Another me?". Of course playable Luigi can't answer so he's clone/another dimension/whatever.
I like this read of the Mushroom Kingdom.

That may be the mechanical justification, but the lore justification screams Bigger Luigi (as mentioned upthread).

Ah sure, if I recall correctly the NPC Luigi says something like "I guess the universe is so big it's likely there'd be somebody that looks like me", so there're multiverse implications, we know for a fact that Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi are parallel dimensions.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo was trying to appeal to the BBW crowd. They're focused on the THICC crowd for now.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

I mean, this is also the series where Mushrooms make you grow in size. Like, Bowser is obviously huffing them constantly between games to be varying sizes. Size ain't no fixed thing in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Would she go #1 in the 2020 NBA Draft?

Warriors gonna tank for her?

Status
Not open for further replies.