• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Miyamoto wanted her to be bigger to differentiate her from the existing cast--not bigger as in "moderately tall", like inhumanly big, because he had a complex about them adding a new princess to the main stable when they already had two or something. He talked about it in Iwata Asks and other places, IIRC.

e: one quick quote from Iwata Asks http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wiiu/super-mario-3d-world/0/3

Miyamoto When Super Mario Galaxy first came out, I was a little hung up on why Rosalina was showing up when Princess Peach was already there. I thought it was fine as long as it was only Super Mario Galaxy, and we made her design so she's a little bigger. But all of a sudden she was a regular character in Mario Kart as just a regular girl, even her size turned to normal.

Iwata As they say, time solves all things.

Miyamoto If I think about it now, I'm like, "What was I so hung up on?!" I guess I was still green. (laughs)

Last edited:

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
and you know what they say about girls with big feet...
6a84f4b5d3c5c752-600x338.gif

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
Forget about Rosalina, I also had no idea Peach was so tall. That chart says 6'01'' (185cm), that is considerably taller than me. I assumed all Mario characters were the size of children (except Bowser obviously)...

source.gif
WOW. I had no idea she was that tall either.. Which means Daisy is also around there too. I think she's a little shorter.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
lol, 7'7" is tall now? Everyone I know is at least 8', drives two Porsches at once and has a dick so grotesquely large it makes a normal life impossible.

Besides, do we know she's not wearing heels? She might only be 7'3" or something pathetic.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
We'll never measure up to her.

Miyamoto wanted her to be bigger to differentiate her from the existing cast--not bigger as in "moderately tall", like inhumanly big, because he had a complex about them adding a new princess to the main stable when they already had two or something. He talked about it in Iwata Asks and other places, IIRC.

e: one quick quote from Iwata Asks http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wiiu/super-mario-3d-world/0/3

Miyamoto When Super Mario Galaxy first came out, I was a little hung up on why Rosalina was showing up when Princess Peach was already there. I thought it was fine as long as it was only Super Mario Galaxy, and we made her design so she's a little bigger. But all of a sudden she was a regular character in Mario Kart as just a regular girl, even her size turned to normal.

Iwata As they say, time solves all things.

Miyamoto If I think about it now, I'm like, "What was I so hung up on?!" I guess I was still green. (laughs)
I can't believe an actual answer was produced.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
This thread has me doing Google searches that an algorithm somewhere is probably going to make me regret at some point.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
They get to be the little spoon. A new experience, if nothing else

Well we need both, don't we? Tall amazons like Rosalina and Samus and shorties like Edelgard and (some) Zeldas
All the more reason to get Edelgard into Smash, so we can have both Rosalina, a featherweight giantess, and Edelgard, a smol heavyweight swinging an axe larger than her.

Deleted member 61002

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
A) Women can be tall too.

B) She's a fucking space goddess with the power to reincarnate the entire fucking universe who lives on a magical spaceship where she takes care of baby stars and planets. The fact that she's super tall is what you're questioning?

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
tenormljtf.gif

She gives birth to the whole universe and keeps it under her dress. The universe as Mario experiences it is a holographic projection from her dress.

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Nah. I'm 6'5" being the little spoon just means you have to be the one being grabbed. Or spoon rosalina. She's a pretty big spoon if you know what I'm saying.

Finding a woman as tall as Rosalina is difficult. All the women I end up dating are in the low-mid 5 foot range. My suffering is eternal.

Status
Not open for further replies.