• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like every shot she's got this look of anxiety and apprehension about riding a damn bike in her home

EKttvmhX0AA3xaR

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
At least give credit to the Twitter thread you ripped this from op šŸ˜Š

Dumbass commercial, but the most ridiculous thing is that her SO smiles while watching her peleton sizzle reel video. If my wife made me watch a video of her workout narrations, which i wouldn't even put past her, I'd be like "wtf why are we doing this who cares how much time did you waste doing this you vain loser"

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I honestly hate the trend of TV commercials trying to look like unscripted vlogs.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
you have to subscribe to use this bike?!

Nah but peleton advertises a personal workout thing which syncs you up with real group workout classes. You can still do your own stuff but the whole hook of peleton is the classes

It's prominently featured in the commercial you definitely watched when you made this thread that you didn't rip from somewhere else

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've seen the ad its such a trip. I don't get the family. Like they all get together at night and watch her workout video. Who does that?

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
At least give credit to the Twitter thread you ripped this from op šŸ˜Š

Dumbass commercial, but the most ridiculous thing is that her SO smiles while watching her peleton sizzle reel video. If my wife made me watch a video of her workout narrations, which i wouldn't even put past her, I'd be like "wtf why are we doing this who cares how much time did you waste doing this you vain loser"
He's been trained to smile and nod. She beats him when no one else is around.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
This commercial is ridiculous. If the woman were a real-life customer, it could've been great. Instead, she's an attractive, fit woman at the beginning, and an attractive, fit woman at the end that needs constant affirmation.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
she's not sure if she's doing it right and needs encouragement from the internet?

as the internet lines up and organizes to destroy her in the comments.

it's great that she can get a good workout when the outside is a snowy snowpiercer wasteland though.

OP
OP

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only TV I watch is football and OTA daytime Comet TV. So like the only ads I've seen for the entire past month have been this bike ad, and ads for catheters.

"I can barely feel it, it's SO smooth!!"

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
The only TV I watch is football and OTA daytime Comet TV. So like the only ads I've seen for the entire past month have been this bike ad, and ads for catheters.

"I can barely feel it, it's SO smooth!!"

Well if you had the catheter you could spend a lot more time on the bike.

She should look into that.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Someone on Reddit mentioned this could be an amazing set up, like a Black Mirror episode even, if they make the woman realize that her husband was dead all along.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This commercial is ridiculous. If the woman were a real-life customer, it could've been great. Instead, she's an attractive, fit woman at the beginning, and an attractive, fit woman at the end that needs constant affirmation.
Films herself at 5 am pretending to be miserable, and yet her hair is done, looks wide awake with makeup on.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You really just made a leave it to beaver reference.

I think you should probably accept the sweet embrace of the grave at this point.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
I believe that Peloton operates much like Quitter's Inc from the short story/movie Cat's Eye.

If she doesn't make her goals they will torture her family. Her little videos are meant to show that she is cooperating with the program.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Someone on Reddit mentioned this could be an amazing set up, like a Black Mirror episode even, if they make the woman realize that her husband was dead all along.
Frightenedly she asked her husband: "Husband, are you alive?" while she trampled on her pantalon. "I do", he said but his eyes were closed like the dead. She answered him with a scream.
The end.

Horror story of the year!

Last edited:

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
$3000 to lose 4 pounds in a year.

PT Barnum was right...

I bet whoever buys this also bought the Juicero.

Last edited:

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
$3000 to lose 4 pounds in a year.

PT Barnum was right...

I bet whoever buys this also bought the Juicero.

I believe the officialā„¢ļø Peloton stationary bike is one of those big, honking magnetic-resistence studio spin bikes, like the ones places like Soulcycle use. Heavy and cumbersome, but extremely low maintenance. It will probably last far longer than the user's workout routine will.

Though, theoretically, you can get the Peloton experience by just downloading the app.

You could even use a gym's bikes, weights, mats, and your phone.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States

"A year ago, I didn't realize how much this would CHANGE me. Thank you."

I think she becomes obsessed with riding her Peloton to the point that she spends every waking moment on it, to the exclusion of everyone and everything else in her life, until her family has an intervention. When she says "thank you" she's actually thanking them for saving her from the vicious Peloton cycle. The video they're watching actually chronicles her downward spiral before the epiphany.

(I hate this commercial too.)

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm sick of this commercial.
It's like $3000 and it took her an entire year of use to go from 116 lbs to 112 lbs.
Eh, not like she was overweight to begin with. Goal in her case would probably be general fitness. I'm underweight but in lousy shape. So I too should exercise more.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Damn, the bike is $3K? What happens if the company goes under, no monthly and your stuck with a $3K bike.
It's still a 100% functional stationary bike on it's own. The only question is what happens with the big Android tablet that's attached to it. I would imagine there would still be a selection of pre-recorded classes and stuff you would have access to and you could probably still do the 'scenic rides' which is basically a first-person video of someone biking around a city, at least for a bit until they had to shut down the servers hosting that content. The thing that would definitely die first is the live classes, which is basically what you're subscribing to. Ultimately though, you could just hack the tablet and play shit on YouTube to bike to worst come to worst. Though all this said, I don't see Peloton closing their doors anytime in the near future; business seems to be going pretty decently for them goofy commercials be damned.

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
These commercials are insanely out of touch. Also I can't help but cringe through this specific spot, with the individual chronicling her exercise achievements with social media posts. No one gives a shit that you're rich and you have an overpriced exercise bike.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Oh lordy I hate this commercial too. There's just so much to unpack with it...

Admittedly I'm not gonna knock the product too much, despite the price and subscription, but the commercials are just all so absurd.

Up there with giving a car as a gift or just about any cell phone commercial in the pantheon of annoying commercials.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How much is the yearly sub to their channel, cause a year membership to a gym with consistent spinning classes morning and night is like $1500

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
Commercial was dopey, but my apt has these and I like them and use them on a regular basis. The 60+ minute classes are great. Yeah, they're boujee, but I'm not going to knock whatever ways someone chooses to keep active and healthy.