• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Feels like an obvious gamey scenario, be a good cop, bad cop, SWAT, gang unit etc.

we have ENDLESS military shooters, yet I can't think of any AAA cop games.
Last I can remember was that battlefield game, but it was so janky and why the duck was it a Battlefield game? Should've just been a new IP

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I totally count Astral Chain despite it being what it is lol

May 10, 2019
59d1550f-236f-495a-a9a9-2810baa7bc4b_1.b01330034773d05800032806d646cb8f.jpeg

Or

header.jpg

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
Couse they wanted to produce the game with firefighters and zombies.

Loved the SWAT games by Sierra

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Considering how the violent, racist and corrupt the police are, do you really want to play as a cop?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Want to play a game where I get bonuses if I arrest more poor people

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I do not want to play as a cop, especially an American one.

Edit: Actually, I'd be in for a cop game that's in line with Spec Ops or Papers Please.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
If you want SWAT, check out Ready or Not

I've been following this and its more to my liking

Especially now that Siege abandoned its CTU roots and decided to be a wannabee Avenger-like initiative. Well, writing-wise, that is

God, what I wouldn't give for a modern single-player campaign for Rainbow Six like the classics

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because fuck cops

Remember when battlefield hardline came out a few months after the Ferguson events

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Rainbow 6 is kinda of a cop game since you're basically a swat team.

Giant Cop is a thing.

I don't think the idea of being a beat cop sounds all that fun. Most interesting stuff cops do can be done by a secret agent or private investigator, which most players will find more interesting I'm sure.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
k2-_a67c7fa8-c865-4d85-a7ae-8380ec3dd008.v1.jpg

kinda?

I mean LA Noire was the only game I can think of that remotely simulates the actual job of a cop...

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Generally speaking, I think games that almost fit into this category are:

Grand Theft Auto Series, Mafia series, The Godfather games, that Scarface game, Sleeping Dogs, the 50 Cent games, the Army of Two games etc.

I just don't think we see games like these as much anymore. I am starving for the next GTA story/world. I was hoping we could get some of these games listed aside from GTA on PS2 on PS4., I just feel like playing third person "real world" exploration and mission type games.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, people had a hard time with Spider-Man cooperating with the Police so I don't even wanna think of how people would react to another game where you actually play as one.

Oct 25, 2017
Define "modern"
113837_front.jpg

Ubi made a big deal of this game for it being a realistic cop game and a fully realized, GTA caliber, open world on the DS. Then it came out and it was mediocre but had an insane anti piracy protection (that they probably spent more time and money on than the game itself). It was still cracked in a couple weeks, IIRC.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Define "modern"
113837_front.jpg

Ubi made a big deal of this game for it being a realistic cop game and a fully realized, GTA caliber, open world on the DS. Then it came out and it was mediocre but had an insane anti piracy protection (that they probably spent more time and money on than the game itself). It was still cracked in a couple weeks, IIRC.

What's wrong with that guy's face

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, and criminals are bad too, and we have games in which we play as criminals

I'm not saying "where's my LAPD produced video game" I'm saying, where's the obvious game reversal of GTA
All criminals aren't bad.

But yeah, I'm also surprised this scenario hasn't been put into a big AAA game. I still don't wanna play as a cop personally though.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I mean, people had a hard time with Spider-Man cooperating with the Police so I don't even wanna think of how people would react to another game where you actually play as one.

Okay, fair.

But what about games where you play as a CTU/SWAT member? Aside from Ready or Not and Siege not ever having a single-player campaign, there's a lack of games similar to that.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Feels like an obvious gamey scenario, be a good cop, bad cop, SWAT, gang unit etc.

we have ENDLESS military shooters, yet I can't think of any AAA cop games.
Last I can remember was that battlefield game, but it was so janky and why the duck was it a Battlefield game? Should've just been a new IP
Couse they wanted to produce the game with firefighters and zombies.

Loved the SWAT games by Sierra

You'll love Ready or Not when it comes out!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

Speaking as a big Spider-Man fan, I think that's a different situation because Spider-Man is traditionally positioned as an outsider to the system - both the press and police don't trust him. Having him work with a cop, and use surveillance technology to that end, just felt like a betrayal of a lot of the character's core ethos. It's not just working with a cop, it's that it contradicts the character.