• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
My field is information security, few things worry more than government assaults on encryption, and forcing companies like Apple to put backdoors in their products etc.

A former co-worker of mine had a gun pulled on him by CBP because he refused to hand over his laptop password with confidential data.

I'm the last person who will defend the 1984 future we are heading towards.

And yet, here you are licking the boots of the state.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
And yet, here you are licking the boots of the state.

Oh yes because adopting a global "down with the deep state" stance, dismantle all 3 letter agencies is the way to go.

Your energy should be directed at the politicians who are supposed to be overseeing them and enforcing the constitution.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yes because adopting a global "down with the deep state" stance, dismantle all 3 letter agencies is the way to go.

Who is saying that? Is this another baseless accusation?

Can't you just admit you have an irrational opinion on the matter at hand and you believe in conspiracy theories? It's blindingly obvious at this point.

Your energy should be directed at the politicians who are supposed to be overseeing them and enforcing the constitution.

Cool.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Who is saying that? Is this another baseless accusation?

Says the person who states that any skepticism of Snowden is "licking the boots of the state".

Can't you just admit you have an irrational opinion on the matter at hand and you believe in conspiracy theories? It's blindingly obvious at this point.

Did I post some QAnon stuff by accident?

Let's just agree to disagree. This is beyond dumb at this point, if you're going to resort to attacks and calling me a conspiracy theorist then this train went off the tracks miles ago.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Says the person who states that any skepticism of Snowden is "licking the boots of the state".

And now you're just being disingenuous.

You've stated that he is a Russian asset. Your position hasn't shifted.

You stated that you "mostly go by what the House Intelligence report said", yet you don't really because they don't agree with your assessment of the situation. Nevermind the issues with the report itself, there's an unwillingness to engage when challenged or asked to provide evidence for your claims.

What you are is a conspiracy theorist. You're not a skeptic. There's nothing rational behind your thought process in this instance.

You wholly bought into the propagandised version of events and you ate it up heartily.

Did I post some QAnon stuff by accident?

Let's just agree to disagree. This is beyond dumb at this point, if you're going to resort to attacks and calling me a conspiracy theorist then this train went off the tracks miles ago.

You have provided no evidence for your declaration that Snowden is a Russian asset. Thus you are a conspiracy theorist.

Last edited:

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Tell us where it says that he's a Russian asset. You won't, because it's not there.

7GJMF47.png

It says right here he damaged US national security and that he shared intelligence with Russian government.

Is that not an asset to Russia or did I miss something?

Oct 25, 2017
7GJMF47.png

It says right here he damaged US national security and that he shared intelligence with Russian government.

Is that not an asset to Russia or did I miss something?

Ah lovely.

Frants Klintsevich, the same lunatic who claimed NATO killed the Russian ambassador to Turkey. There is also no evidence that this occurred beyond his statement. A statement that is at odds with another claim in the document that he did in fact destroy all hard drives before arriving in Moscow.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...c064d32a4bf_story.html?utm_term=.e69aad8399df

Did it damage US National Security? Of course it did.

Is he an asset? No.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
You have NO idea who the United states government kills or doesnt kill. No one does. Look up the CIA assassination handbook from like 60 years ago to see how methodical the United states can get when they want people to disappear, ie, you wouldn't know it was assassination even if they did.

we are talking about spies. The spies we catch get convicted and stuffed away into a supermax prison. I mean, its not hard to look these cases up. You think Im just making this up? Ok.