• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think a Majora's Mask (animated) film would be that successful. And I'm saying that as a person whose goat game is Majora

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
More than just a video on the internet, its about contacts and contacting the right people, which seem it didnt pan out for them.
This is not some 16 year old doing an unreal engine mario 64, this was a real animation team putting their name out there. Evn if they didnt get a contact from Nintendo, that video probably brought so work for them in other places. Its a good portfolio demonstration for the team.

I can see this working as a 3 episode animated special in netflix or something, could have been cool. But Miyamoto seems more interested in using iluminations for their stuff right now. Lets see how that pans out (not director name for it still makes me weary).

This is valid (and incredibly funny) in 99% of the cases, but not this one though.

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4urmltottvh21.jpg

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it. Is the second pic supposed to look better than the first one?
yeah it sure is crazy how a multi million dollar company can make a good looking game and one person can make an ugly ue demo
Two completely different games?
I wasn't being serious guys.
I looked up nintendo hire this man and saw this picture. thought it was funny.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I was more questioning whoever made the comparison, because I really don't get what the point was
There's a certain age where a) you really want your favorite childhood series to have a grimdark edgy reboot where Link says fuck because Nintendo games are for babies but you still like them, and b) you think that the default settings and baked-in lighting in Unreal look better than a stylized cartoony art style because the textures are higher fidelity.

I'm convinced that's why those terrible engine tests get tons positive attention, it's because there's always millions of 14 year olds going through that phase at any one time.

Jan 2, 2018
There's a certain age where a) you really want your favorite childhood series to have a grimdark edgy reboot where Link says fuck because Nintendo games are for babies but you still like them, and b) you think that the default settings and baked-in lighting in Unreal look better than a stylized cartoony art style because the textures are higher fidelity.

I'm convinced that's why those terrible engine tests get tons positive attention, it's because there's always millions of 14 year olds going through that phase at any one time.

Classic childhood sins!

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
If Nintendo gave OoT the FFVII treatment, I would buy it even after they decided that the first game in the OoT remake series concludes with the great Deku Tree.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe because Nintendo is done with Majora's Mask??

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can see this working as a 3 episode animated special in netflix or something, could have been cool. But Miyamoto seems more interested in using iluminations for their stuff right now. Lets see how that pans out (not director name for it still makes me weary).
Illumination has a track record of successes. if Nintendo really wanted quality over returns, going smaller scale like Netflix might have been better.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Illumination has a track record of successes. if Nintendo really wanted quality over returns, going smaller scale like Netflix might have been better.
Sadly yes.
But quality from other studios for a Mario movie would have been prefered, and I think Mario has enough of a name to be a success without needing a mediocre studio with low budgets.
The worst thing about all this is still we dont have a director name for it. Its a pity becuase Genddy would have been perfect for a Mario movie, even if he had to work with Illuminations.