• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Invisible man counts BabyRage

Also, Tenshinhan gets treated far worse than Yamcha.
I don't really see how. He's still a fighter, he still participates, he has a dojo, he stopped Cell temporarily, saved Dende from Buutenks, and Lunch seems to want him (but he has no interest in romance). Which is say the opposite of Yamcha who can't get Bulma.

Varjet

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really see how. He's still a fighter, he still participates, he has a dojo, he stopped Cell temporarily, saved Dende from Buutenks, and Lunch seems to want him (but he has no interest in romance). Which is say the opposite of Yamcha who can't get Bulma.
Should have specified Super. Getting owned by Buu is one thing, but losing against Roshi... ugh.

Oct 25, 2017
Yamcha is a joke and has always been one, but a joke is better than Tien.

Imagine continuously training your whole life to keep up and you're still barely better than Yamcha.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
images

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I honestly kind of get it.

As the series introduced more fighters (specifically Saiyans), his inclusion felt more and more redundant. Tien stands out more visually and has more unique moves than Yamcha, which is why I believe he's getting more time in the spotlight now.

Yeah i always liked tien just because he looks alot better visually. Dont really need another fighter with a turtle hermit Gi.

Although wolf fang fist and spirit ball are cool moves.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Tien's main claims to fame are being pretty cool in the anime of his intro arc (Goku shitstomps him in the manga lmao) and stalling out Cell's worst form and nearly dying from it. Other than those, Tien as a serious character is pretty mediocre. He's the most generic "I must train to become stronger because I train to become stronger" with nothing to really show for it.

Yamcha is consistently a joke and a pretty funny one at that. He dies to a sneak kamikaze attack that no one could have seen coming after using a cool move. A lot of the jokes at his expense ultimately feel affectionate (aside from ones the dub added to make Yamcha look even worse.) rather than mean-spirited. and his spotlight episode in super is 200% better than anything Tien got. But honestly, I don't think Tien really does anything as a character to warrant anything better than what he got lmao

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Tien's main claims to fame are being pretty cool in the anime of his intro arc (Goku shitstomps him in the manga lmao) and stalling out Cell's worst form and nearly dying from it. Other than those, Tien as a serious character is pretty mediocre. He's the most generic "I must train to become stronger because I train to become stronger" with nothing to really show for it.

Yamcha is consistently a joke and a pretty funny one at that. He dies to a sneak kamikaze attack that no one could have seen coming after using a cool move. A lot of the jokes at his expense ultimately feel affectionate (aside from ones the dub added to make Yamcha look even worse.) rather than mean-spirited. and his spotlight episode in super is 200% better than anything Tien got. But honestly, I don't think Tien really does anything as a character to warrant anything better than what he got lmao

I don't remember Tien getting destroyed by Goku in the manga arc, weren't they pretty evenly matched (I'm not even sure I saw the anime, I only read the manga).

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Yamcha is a joke and has always been one, but a joke is better than Tien.

Imagine continuously training your whole life to keep up and you're still barely better than Yamcha.

Nah. Yamcha got killed by Dr. Gero with ease. Yamcha's clothing offered up more resistance than he did.

Tien held back a Super Saiyan -level Cell.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why exactly is Krillin stronger than Tien? All Tien ever does every single day of his life is train. It makes no fucking sense.

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever you think Yamcha got it bad, think of Tenshinhan, there is no excuse for him to be in the position he is right now.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Why exactly is Krillin stronger than Tien? All Tien ever does every single day of his life is train. It makes no fucking sense.

Tien doesn't train himself, Tien trains his students.

Krillin still shouldn't be stronger because he fell out of practice, but you can argue that 18 (who totes is stronger than Tien) brought him up to speed with intensive training after Frieza attacked earth.

Whenever you think Yamcha got it bad, think of Tenshinhan, there is no excuse for him to be in the position he is right now.

Tien is practically a joke himself in a different sense, Yamcha at least is written to be a charming loser, Tien is a joke because he's a serious character but doesn't do jackshit.

Like there is a lowkey joke in Dragon Ball FighterZ when you pair up Gotenks with Tien where Gotenks says all the cool shit Tien was able to do and he wants to see, but all the things Gotenks brings up are moves Tien cannot do in the game and had not used in decades until the TOP.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
His best fight was against the possessed dude at Tenkaichi Budokai 23

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I will always insist that Tien is a bigger loser, because at least Yamcha gave up/retired.

Tien has never stopped training a day in his life and he STILL gets his shit kicked in by literally everyone.

Oct 28, 2017
Yamcha was always used to show how tough the enemy was. Jackie Chun, Tien, Kami, Saibamen, androids. He does nothing.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Yamcha got killed by Dr. Gero with ease. Yamcha's clothing offered up more resistance than he did.

Tien held back a Super Saiyan -level Cell.
The power cap has been raised so high that that gap is negligible.

Also Yamcha's durability has improved. He's survived a hit from a God and the destruction of two God's fighting while everyone else ran into a shield.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
At least Yamcha's pathetic-ness made him endearing and a meme. That's way more than Tien has going for him.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Im rewatching saiyan saga and busted out laughing with Yamcha's portrayal there. Shows up as the last fighter, fights for a few minutes, then gets self destructed. Like, he showed up and died within ten minutes lol.

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yamcha is proof that if you aren't the best and have shit results than you are actually worthless and you will die alone

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like all the OG Z fighter so the best. I always liked Yamcha but krillin has always been my favourite. Someone had to be be bottom tier, and yamcha took that spot. Pretty much every character became useless since freeza saga sadly.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tien has a dojo so I'd say that's fine for Super standards.

Besides, nothing Yamcha has will ever top this.

DcPpuii.png
They made Tien so shit in super. The fight with him and goku vs piccolo/Gohan mad him look pathetic. " be careful guys. We might destroy mountains!" Or some shit like that. He's one of my favs though.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Yamcha was okay, but I can't seriously imagine how he ever qualified as your "boi".

Don't wrap yourself and your sense of identity up in amazingly mediocre things, maybe? Like don't be the guy who walks into a party and says, "Aw dog you don't even understand ketchup is my JAM".