• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSyldat

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
My boobs hurt just looking at those vids ...

And I'm an intersex dude with very tiny ones ... I can't imagine ladies with actual G-cup boobies

Like for real the only thing that video does get out of me is "Oowww !!!"

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hadn't a chuckle at the early access trailer to Satisfactory, which basically looks like 3D Factorio. It features a sassy hot girl engineer doing sassy hot girl things, like sensually running her hand over a conveyor belt in slow mo with her ass just framed in shot, showboating with some kind of tool, and twirling in mid air on a jet pack with chest thrust outwards...

all while wearing baggy engineers overalls and a face concealing helmet. It's an interesting way of showing sexuality in a character's personality without actually showing any skin at all.

I didn't notice this until now...oh no...I already have a crippling Factorio addiction...RIP me

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Sony's International Women's Day dynamic theme for the PS4

womensdayvij50.png

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty sure i've got a horny sex game with less absurd breast physics than those xenoblade examples

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Gears 4 man:

hGtfA7f.gif

3CzkV2g.gif

I often feel like I'm the only person in this forum that appreciates what this game tried to do.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know we weren't bringing up anime, but what does everyone think of Houseki no Kuni/Land of the Lustrous? The gems are all genderless and sexless, and it's basically as elegant and striking as something like Revolutionary Girl Utena (including the characters, my goodness), and I think the text practically begs for a feminist reading. That said, there is arguably light 'fanservice', and the gems are arguably coded female, at least in the anime, in virtue of having female VOs. But really my ulterior motive for bringing it up is to possibly convince some people that it might be an exception, because as a whole I think it's brilliant and I can't stop thinking about it. I just also thought that it has a pretty distinctive feminine sensibility that may be of interest. Though probably more so in the case of the manga overall.

But it's pretty sad, so be forewarned. But to speak to its potency, Cinnabar's story emotionally wrecked me in the first episode.

Last edited:

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
But it's pretty sad, so be forewarned. But to speak to its potency, Cinnabar's story emotionally wrecked me in the first episode.
Land of the Lustrous is great, it's been talked about extensively. The dub is also awesome. In some ways I think it's better because vagaries in the Japanese are made much clearer.

I actually find this is the case with a lot of anime dubs, and I can't tell if this is because of a language gap or if it's because the language has to be more straightforward in order to match-up with the VO work.

I don't think Land of the Lustrous is as good as Utena, but I'd say it's got potential to be a classic. As a 3D anime, it's definitely a classic, and visually it's stunning and so much more unique than anything else released in recent memory.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jacqui Bridges currently is probably the most suspect Mortal Kombat character...which given how it used to be is quite the statement
latest

D1FEs4NU8AACDT4.jpg:large

Like, boob plates and all but it's still a lot better than most of the MK cast in previous games.
As far as boob plates go I'd say those are pretty reasonable. Great updates overall.

Deleted member 18360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Land of the Lustrous is great, it's been talked about extensively. The dub is also awesome. In some ways I think it's better because vagaries in the Japanese are made much clearer.

I actually find this is the case with a lot of anime dubs, and I can't tell if this is because of a language gap or if it's because the language has to be more straightforward in order to match-up with the VO work.

I don't think Land of the Lustrous is as good as Utena, but I'd say it's got potential to be a classic. As a 3D anime, it's definitely a classic, and visually it's stunning and so much more unique than anything else released in recent memory.

The dub does seem good. From watching the first episode, the only performance I wasn't that crazy about was Kongo's, but that's a role so subtle it borders on being flat. I might not be fully sold on Diamond, either, but they're sort of my fav (side character) so I'm probably just being persnickety lol. I hadn't noticed much difference between the subs and dubs in terms of syntax or semantics, though. Or rather, I think the dub made some things seem clearer or more impactful, and others less.

I don't think it's as good as Utena, or rather, Utena is this extremely bold thing, like some kind of weird and striking post-modernist feminist fairytale. But I think LotL has quite a bit of that graceful 90s shoujo look, and while Utena has a lot of existentialist themes, LotL through a lot of analogy or symbolism in the physiology of the gems, what Kongo's real deal is, etc, somehow makes those same questions feel new, and thus have a renewed sense of importance. But there's also some surprising similarities between Phos and Utena and Cinnabar and Anthy. Both of the latter are in a state of stasis that is almost like a living death, that they have to remain in in order to protect themselves, and the both of the former are the heroic archetype, risking personal corruption and death to save them. But they're obviously really different, too. Phos is ship of Theseus-ing themselves to the point that it's much more a tragedy than a fairytale...

Last edited:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
but what does everyone think of Houseki no Kuni/Land of the Lustrous?

I haven't seen a single episode of this, but a friend once told me about it and how the mix of cgi and 2d is awesome and when I tryed to know more ....google showed me a clip of the gems all breaking which sounded a little too much "this is for people who liked the girls suffering in madoka..." and ... Steven Universe laughs at how every gem has the EXACT same body type

Deleted member 18360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen a single episode of this, but a friend once told me about it and how the mix of cgi and 2d is awesome and when I tryed to know more ....google showed me a clip of the gems all breaking which sounded a little too much "this is for people who liked the girls suffering in madoka..." and ... Steven Universe laughs at how every gem has the EXACT same body type

It's not really like Madoka at all imo, having seen both. The characters in Land of the Lustrous have really human relationships and motivations. In Madoka in comparison it's bad stuff happening to them repeatedly imo. In LotL even the majority of the many side characters that you see briefly seem to either have personal struggles or something special about them. And those very things you mention actually fit into the feminist reading that I think it elicits, particularly why the gems are fighting for their lives. And since it doesn't seem like you want to watch it anyways, I could post spoilers:
(LATE MANGA SPOILERS)
Kongo is responsible for them having to defend themselves from the Lunarians, Phos the main character is essentially forced to turn against him, but it's also way more complicated than that and at this point unresolved. Kongo is textually both a savior figure and a paternalistic figure all at once and it really seems like this is done consciously and intelligently on the part of the author. We also learn that Kongo shapes the gems after they're born, chips off their imperfections to make them all the same. One character says that he's kind to do so, but Phos, the main character, says "I'm not so sure..." Mirroring the paternalistic thing, the gems are all pretty innocent, but later on one of the gems (who aren't sexual) is apparently being groomed, and it's supposed to be about how creepy and bad that kind of power imbalance is, which apparently the author has written about before. The feminism is right there in the text imo.

Last edited:

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bear in mind that the gems are largely flippant about breaking because they can be put together again with little adverse effects as long as there's no huge chunks missing. The main character, Phosphophyllite, is a gem with low hardness rating. They break quite a lot in the early chapters and the general reactions were "oh, not again."

Last edited:

Deleted member 18360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bear in mind that the gems are largely flippant about breaking because they can be put together again with little adverse effects as long as there's no huge chunks missing. The main character, Phosphophyllite, is a gem with low hardness scale. They break quite a lot in the early chapters and the general reactions were "oh, not again."

This, too. I also just never thought that the dramatic use of it ever felt voyeuristic or sadistic.

KhadD

Oct 29, 2017
Pssst you're supposed to be looking at a 178 cm tall perrson when looking at Siegfried ... just saying ...

I meant his armor looks pretty slim on the outside, you can't be much more than skin and bones if you want to wear it.
I failed at making a bad joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.