• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Does this thread have a related discord channel?

I haven't played bloodstained yet, but I like the MC's design, however if you don't at least there seems to be customization?

Customization doesn't really fix the outfit for those taking issue with it. You can customize hairstyle and skin, hair, eye and outfit colors, but the outfit itself will always be that.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
e2302db0-39e8-4fc7-b831kx5.png

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Throwback to when Nami was a D cup and then shit got out of hand. Now a lot of the women look incredibly stupid due to them having balloon sized breasts.

8Otkzm.png

Anyway, representing big boobs at this point is like representing white people. Shits way over-saturated

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Is Torna generally devoid of the shitty kind of pandering the main game has and is Torna worth playing as a standalone story or does it require knowledge of the main game?

Oct 25, 2017
I really dislike how these fools have started use progressive language to defend regressive ideas. It's a poor argument anyway since big breasts are well represented.

Now good representation ie giving these characters support and not having them be defined by their breasts isn't common, but we all know they don't give a shit about that and just want boobs flying everywhere hence their anger over giving Tifa a sports bra.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Is Torna generally devoid of the shitty kind of pandering the main game has and is Torna worth playing as a standalone story or does it require knowledge of the main game?
Torna is actually quite tame in the shitty fanservice. The only sexualized characters are Mythra and Brighid, and that's because they were in the base game. Haze actually looks great without using any terrible outfit.

aaa.png

As for knowledge of the main game, the expansion assumes you know most of the terms like Blades, for example. Standalone, it is great and in many ways better than the main game since it doesn't have that awful gacha system and the main party is good.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I really dislike how these fools have started use progressive language to defend regressive ideas. It's a poor argument anyway since big breasts are well represented.

Started? They've done this since day 1. I'm surprised they're not pushing "erasure" to refer to Tifa's breasts or "blackwashing" for Heimdall in Thor (or at least I've not come across it).

And yeah, if someone believes big breasted women need more "representation" in videogames, I'm sure they also think white people are underrepresented. Won't someone think of the poor white cishet dudes. :(

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
A new trailer for the video game adaptation of Gloomhaven came out today.

The game itself seems to be going in the right direction, but I'm not sure about the art style.

Going from this:

Orchid-Spellweaver.jpg

Human-Scoundrel2.jpg

To this:

780510fa46b5d9d780051b55a11e070073cd9f47.jpg

... it's kind of losing a bit of charm. At least they kept the same kind of clothing and didn't sexualized the women more than in the original art. Like esserius said, a 2D game might have been better than a full 3D thing.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Found in Twitter this fanart of Female Byleth.

What a difference. She looks great wearing that instead of the abomination she is wearing in 3 Houses.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Found in Twitter this fanart of Female Byleth.

What a difference. She looks great wearing that instead of the abomination she is wearing in 3 Houses.

That's excellent! I hate when artists post some fantastic piece and label it a quick doodle though. Get outta here, that colouring took some time!

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Couldn't find a better picture but just noticed in the MHW beta, Girros armor went from this

MHW-HRA_Girros-AB.jpg

To this as the upgraded version

64605973_454184018472156_6084632002804058252_n.jpg

it's not show clearly but now she has short pants and untied skirt, also the upper body doesn't cover her whole torso.

It's not like it's terrible like others armors but it's weird having the higher Master rank version less covered. The MMO syndrome I guess.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Meanwhile, at Capcom..

Couldn't find a better picture but just noticed in the MHW beta, Girros armor went from this

MHW-HRA_Girros-AB.jpg

it's not show clearly but now she has short pants and untied skirt, also the upper body doesn't cover her whole torso.

It's not like it's terrible like others armors but it's weird having the higher Master rank version less covered. The MMO syndrome I guess.

Capcom, what are you doing??

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
How bad are the female ninja equipment in FF14? I want to make a female character buuuuut.....
I'm not an expert so someone can correct me, but IIRC the female ninjas I've seen haven't been anything too bad + FFXIV has a glamour option that let's you use any clothes/equipment you want and keep the design(s) you like, instead of forcing you into bikini armor at higher levels, as per MMO tradition. Like, if some high level equipment looks like crap, you can just make it look like some better set of equipment while keeping the higher stats.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I'm not an expert so someone can correct me, but IIRC the female ninjas I've seen haven't been anything too bad + FFXIV has a glamour option that let's you use any clothes/equipment you want and keep the design(s) you like, instead of forcing you into bikini armor at higher levels, as per MMO tradition. Like, if some high level equipment looks like crap, you can just make it look like some better set of equipment while keeping the higher stats.
Cool thanks. I'll see if I can give her some victorian-like clothing while I ninja the shit out of monsters XP.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
MHW expansion armor for womens looks really disappointing. This and making pc players wait makes me not want to buy the expansion.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Hi. I lurk this thread sometimes (you all make a lot of great points about excessive sexualization of women in the industry) and I just wanted to point out that it's not all gloom and doom over in Monster Hunter land.

The Direwolf set for Women is the exact same as it is for men (and super appropriate given how cold the new zone is). Plus, it's 100% cosmetic and you get it from free when starting Iceborne.

Also, there's this sick Beotodus armor, which I was super impressed by.

I'm not going to defend the Girros and Banbaro sets for their lack of full pants (Banbaro especially looks ludicrous), but compared to previous games in the series, Capcom's improving. Even if they're doing it very slowly.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
The direwolf ser its indeed an upgrade compared to the starter gear of the base game that got the short pants syndrome.

But really what Capcom truly needs to do is having transmog for all yhe armors.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

MHW-HRA_Girros-AB.jpg

Holy shit. The Girros set is one of those I initially picked for my female hunter (before I abandoned her) because it's one of the only ones that look solid on women too. And now they're ruining that too?

Fuck off Capcom.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Hi. I lurk this thread sometimes (you all make a lot of great points about excessive sexualization of women in the industry) and I just wanted to point out that it's not all gloom and doom over in Monster Hunter land.

The Direwolf set for Women is the exact same as it is for men (and super appropriate given how cold the new zone is). Plus, it's 100% cosmetic and you get it from free when starting Iceborne.

Also, there's this sick Beotodus armor, which I was super impressed by.

I'm not going to defend the Girros and Banbaro sets for their lack of full pants (Banbaro especially looks ludicrous), but compared to previous games in the series, Capcom's improving. Even if they're doing it very slowly.

Sadly this is actually par for the course with them. All the games have had some female armors that are actually really good like those ones, but they're always accompanied by others that have the same kind of issues we see today. They say they go for variety, but their idea of variety for the male armors is a spectrum of practical to stylized, while for female armors it's a spectrum of sexualized to non-sexualized.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
not specific to videogames, but since it was a videogame (One Piece Pirate Warriors 3) that made me start rewatching the show, I just wanted to say, it's rough being a One Piece fan man :(

it's certainly much better about it than Xeno 2, there are a couple of characters / blades from 2 in it, who are very sexualized (Mythra and Brighit) as they were in 2, but at least Mythra is using the "leggings" version now, which shocking noone, looks 146 times better

8bjcdtj30n021.png

it also covers the boob window. Weird thing, this picture shows her costume (both versions) as being see through but its not like that in the game, either in xeno 2 or Torna. Unless that's soemthing you only notice on a big tv? I only played them portable.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
not specific to videogames, but since it was a videogame (One Piece Pirate Warriors 3) that made me start rewatching the show, I just wanted to say, it's rough being a One Piece fan man :(

it's certainly much better about it than Xeno 2, there are a couple of characters / blades from 2 in it, who are very sexualized (Mythra and Brighit) as they were in 2, but at least Mythra is using the "leggings" version now, which shocking noone, looks 146 times better

8bjcdtj30n021.png

it also covers the boob window. Weird thing, this picture shows her costume (both versions) as being see through but its not like that in the game, either in xeno 2 or Torna. Unless that's soemthing you only notice on a big tv? I only played them portable.

That's just her Smash Bros art version. She still use the left version in Torna.

Edit : There is some alternate costume option I've missed it seems, but it's optional and you have to look for it.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Well with Barioth coming to Iceborne, that means these badass armor sets (well just the blademaster) could make it in for the Master Rank.

d6mciig-369b14d3-cd5f-4d86-8a38-f736fc0cf7b6.jpg

By far some of the best looking female armor sets in the series.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Gracias, I'll check the site and see if i can recolour the armors XP
You can
the 60 set only requires tomestones to upgrade to change color.

The 70 set however, I think requieres you to go back and doe eureka to upgrade it to be colorable... Which given the new expansion is out ... might be difficult because that place is probs empty

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the non G rank Barioth armors suck compared to the G rank versions. Since Master rank seems to be the new G rank, we should get the better designs instead.

Edit: nvm Capcom sucks

Last edited:

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
You deserve that for thinking MHW would do any better than that. Capcom couldn't disappoint me more with their choices for this game.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure, but I think Hoarfrost Reach is Master rank only. Maybe they'll use the G rank versions for AT.

Oct 27, 2017
I saw Bloody Spell on a Giant Bomb stream. It's a Dark Souls style game that just allows you to a lady in a thong at the start. You know, Dark Souls. And they really think it's a big selling point. It's most of the gifs on the store.

May 26, 2018
I'm really sorry, it's a bit off topic and it's late so things are funnier than usual, but the thread title... kinda makes me laugh. I know it shouldn't, because it's a serious subject, but it does. I have to think about the original story (I Have No Mouth) and connect it to what people here are actually discussing. Then the goofy grin gets wiped off my face. And I start to feel like shit. So I guess this is a confession, really.

Sorry...

Uh... (stay on topic, stay on topic)

Women deserve awesome outfits that aren't also bullshit. Treating human beings with dignity and respect is cool and I fully support it. Even if right now it kinda seems like I don't? Ah, damn.

*flees topic*

8bjcdtj30n021.png

I have to wonder if the whole clothing design wouldn't need to change if her body design wasn't so busty from the start.

Last edited:

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well only tangently related I sure am glad the Smash community is mature to the point where it chased out an up and coming Smash player because she was a girl. Context: earlier this month a young 15-year old girl with the tag name Boshi defeated Ally (a top 10 player) at a local tournament using Isabelle. This caused people to pay far too much attention to here as well as bullies to mock her and say she was only popular because "she was a girl" and even got thrown "fake gamer girl" accusations thrown in her face (you know despite beating a top 10 Smash player). This got so bad she stopped using her twitter handle and will probably not come back to the Smash community after being harassed for the crime of being a girl who dares to be good at a video game.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really sorry, it's a bit off topic and it's late so things are funnier than usual, but the thread title... kinda makes me laugh. I know it shouldn't, because it's a serious subject, but it does. I have to think about the original story (I Have No Mouth) and connect it to what people here are actually discussing. Then the goofy grin gets wiped off my face. And I start to feel like shit. So I guess this is a confession, really.
It's ok, that's what the subtitle was chosen for. All of those things together.

Nov 4, 2018
Well only tangently related I sure am glad the Smash community is mature to the point where it chased out an up and coming Smash player because she was a girl. Context: earlier this month a young 15-year old girl with the tag name Boshi defeated Ally (a top 10 player) at a local tournament using Isabelle. This caused people to pay far too much attention to here as well as bullies to mock her and say she was only popular because "she was a girl" and even got thrown "fake gamer girl" accusations thrown in her face (you know despite beating a top 10 Smash player). This got so bad she stopped using her twitter handle and will probably not come back to the Smash community after being harassed for the crime of being a girl who dares to be good at a video game.
Can you link me some articles or tweets about this? Sounds like something a FGC would do but I'm afraid that this might be an overreaction on someone's part because something extremely similar happened with Smash 4 but it ended up being a prank. If people were just saying shit because they're sexist then yeah fuck 'em, but if it was people saying that this was the same thing as the prank 5 years ago I feel that'd shed some things in a better light.

Status
Not open for further replies.