• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
I still find all these half-measures to be lazy and maybe worse because they perpetuate the false argument of this as progress. Sexism in this DoA6 style solves nothing and retains the core of the problem.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
So played Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles on PS3 over that last few days and Ada Wong has one level in it in which she is introduced as:

Ada Wong
Female Spy

I mean why? Leon isn't introduced as "male policeman", Wesker isn't "male villain" So stupid. :/

Well, calling Leon a male policeman would be like calling Claire a female sister. ^^ But I see what you are getting at. It's kinda strange that they felt the urge to underline her gender there.
I'm wachting a Let's Play, and one of the guys was triggered quite a few times by Ada's misplaced outfit. The sunglasses in the dark, the fancy dress and those ridiculous high heels on top. When she got that shard into her leg, he instantly shouted: "That's why you wear jeans!" Made me laugh so hard. ^^
At least they dressed Clair better than in the original.

Velka

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I could not get over Ada's heels, especially when she has a serious leg wound and she's still walking with them, I cannot suspend my belief to that point.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could not get over Ada's heels, especially when she has a serious leg wound and she's still walking with them, I cannot suspend my belief to that point.

This is all I can think of when I think about this kinda thing:

Honestly, it's kinda ridiculous that so many female characters in a "hero" position wear these. Most of the time I'd imagine it's just for sex appeal, which is.. Yeah....

Though, in the case of Jurassic World, the situation behind the High Heels was actually entirely on the actress. It's actually a really funny story since even the staff were like trying to get her not to wear them. I can't even begin to imagine how it would've been like to run around in them.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018

Honestly, it's kinda ridiculous that so many female characters in a "hero" position wear these. Most of the time I'd imagine it's just for sex appeal, which is.. Yeah....

Though, in the case of Jurassic World, the situation behind the High Heels was actually entirely on the actress. It's actually a really funny story since even the staff were like trying to get her not to wear them. I can't even begin to imagine how it would've been like to run around in them.

LMAO! Wow this video is perfect!! So ridiculous...

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The fuckingn sound... OMFG, LOL!

Nana&Popo

May 6, 2018
Okay, this might be an unpopular opinion ever here but I hate high heels. They're everywhere in games and movies. I hate how they look, I hate how they sound, and I hate wearing them most of all. They're so uncomfortable and they just look bad. Why do other girls wear them?

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Okay, this might be an unpopular opinion ever here but I hate high heels. They're everywhere in games and movies. I hate how they look, I hate how they sound, and I hate wearing them most of all. They're so uncomfortable and they just look bad. Why do other girls wear them?

Tradition, decorum, high fashion, guys like them...

People put up with a lot of uncomfortable clothing in the pursuit of fashion. Neckties are still a thing in 2019, think about that.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
There's a part in Aggretsuko you'd probably really like.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a straight man I can tell you I love how they look but only in appropriate circumstances, generally formal occasions. They also help with the posture of my girl, and tones her legs beautifully.

I would never encourage her to wear them, say, while working at a theme park (although strangely I saw a lot of female guests at Tokyo DisneySea wearing high heels last year to my astonishment and I've been to Disney in Orlando many times and I can't remember seeing one woman in heels).

She knows I like how they look and she doesn't wear them very frequently but sometimes she does but I'd never force her to use them when she doesn't want to.

Last edited:

Nana&Popo

May 6, 2018
As a straight man I can tell you I love how they look but only in appropriate circumstances, generally formal occasions. They also help with the posture of my girl, and tones her legs beautifully.

I would never encourage her to wear them, say, while working at a theme park (although strangely I saw a lot of female guests at Tokyo DisneySea wearing high heels last year to my astonishment and I've been to Disney in Orlando many times and I can't remember seeing one woman in heels).

She knows I like how they look and she doesn't wear them very frequently but sometimes she does and I'd never force her to obviously.

See, this is mildly interesting to me as a gay woman. It always seems like what men find attractive and what women find attractive are the opposite. Or maybe just what I find attractive is the opposite to what most men find attractive.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
See, this is mildly interesting to me as a gay woman. It always seems like what men find attractive and what women find attractive are the opposite. Or maybe just what I find attractive is the opposite to what most men find attractive.
I forgot to mention that high heels do wonders to a woman's derrière (makes it stick out more) and I happen to have a girl with a beautiful posterior and she knows that ergo I also love how she looks in heels because of that reason as well.

This is on top of the magic high heels make happen on the legs.

The secret is to use them sporadically. No woman should be expected to use them on a daily basis.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017

I have seen my girlfriend of a few years wear high heels but once for a date, and by the end she was in such discomfort I couldn't bear to watch her struggle. So I decided for myself that no woman should have to put herself in a position of discomfort just to appeal to me. She looked lovely that night, but all I can remember about her shoes was the pain they made her feel. So I have been a strong opponent of high heels since. Of course I never forbade her to wear them, just shared my feelings about them, and thankfully she was of the same mind.

Nana&Popo

May 6, 2018
Man, I'm so glad people hate high heels as much as I do! With their ubiquity I thought I was one the few who hated them rather than thought of them as a mere annoyance.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm so glad people hate high heels as much as I do! With their ubiquity I thought I was one the few who hated them rather than thought of them as a mere annoyance.
I'll meet you halfway. I absolutely hate female characters in gaming that use high heels all the time everyday even while doing things that clearly the heels are at a disadvantage. Stuff like, say, martial arts, sneaking, space war, or wiping entire planets (im looking at you Metroid post-2010). It's stupid as shit and I'd let it slide more of it was sporadic but until very recently it was the rule and not the exception.

If it's a Saturday night and we're going out for some fancy anniversary dinner? Yes, high heels fit and look incredible (if she feels like using them).

Having a Mortal Kombat vs a supernatural ninja? Maybe ditch those stupid heels, Mileena.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm straight and I hate heels. Everytime I see them the only thing that enters into my head is how uncomfortable that shit is. I don't even care about the looks.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Ada running around in the sewers like she is dressed for a cocktail party! So stupid, but I still love her anyway. <3 For all the shit Operation Raccoon City has, the game actually gives Ada least some combat boots.

Jessica still cracks me up a lot to this day. Yeah, BSAA operative on the field dealing with Oozes, and she is there with one leg exposed and on heels.

dd75df668e4ffdaa151f23af0a9450b9.jpg

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I'll meet you halfway. I absolutely hate female characters in gaming that use high heels all the time everyday even while doing things that clearly the heels are at a disadvantage. Stuff like, say, martial arts, sneaking, space war, or wiping entire planets (im looking at you Metroid post-2010). It's stupid as shit and I'd let it slide more of it was sporadic but until very recently it was the rule and not the exception.

If it's a Saturday night and we're going out for some fancy anniversary dinner? Yes, high heels fit and look incredible (if she feels like using them).

Having a Mortal Kombat vs a supernatural ninja? Maybe ditch those stupid heels, Mileena.
I liked what they did in the first Parasite Eve. When the game starts, Aya is in an opera with a fancy dress and heels. Shit happens, and she is forced to go into action with those clothes... because well, no time to change into something more practical.

After that, she wears normal clothes throughout all the game.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

This is absolutely glorious.

I'm straight and I hate heels. Everytime I see them the only thing that enters into my head is how uncomfortable that shit is. I don't even care about the looks.

Exact same; they kind of make me highly unconfortable by proxy. Killer combo with pointy shoes (the kind that deform women's toes and force them on top of each other), these kinds of shoes should be illegal. I'm not even joking.

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
I forgot to mention that high heels do wonders to a woman's derrière (makes it stick out more) and I happen to have a girl with a beautiful posterior and she knows that ergo I also love how she looks in heels because of that reason as well.

This is on top of the magic high heels make happen on the legs.

The secret is to use them sporadically. No woman should be expected to use them on a daily basis.
Basically took the words out of my mouth. I really do love it when my girlfriend wears them for the reasons noted, but as you said, they should only really be worn in the right circumstance. As a dude, I wore heels once for my bowsette costume and honestly my legs and ass looked fucking amazing for it... But yeah that shits uncomfortable after a while. Kind of like heavy makeup, too.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Basically took the words out of my mouth. I really do love it when my girlfriend wears them for the reasons noted, but as you said, they should only really be worn in the right circumstance. As a dude, I wore heels once for my bowsette costume and honestly my legs and ass looked fucking amazing for it... But yeah that shits uncomfortable after a while. Kind of like heavy makeup, too.
Have wore heels some times and nope. Just like 10 minutes and my feet are already in pain. I don't envy the people that have to use them in a daily basis.

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
Have wore heels some times and nope. Just like 10 minutes and my feet are already in pain. I don't envy the people that have to use them in a daily basis.
I used to have these chelsea boots with a really significant cuban heel, and they were comfy as hell. I know we're talking about stiletto type things, and those things really do take a toll after a while like you said, but you can gain some of the aesthetic benefits of a heel without going deep into uncomfortable territory, with some well-heeled boots or the like. My girlfriend has boots like that she wears every other day, and that's definitely a lot more reasonable. But yeah, fuck having to wear something super pointed every day, I don't even want to think about what that does to your ankles.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I'm pretty sure this is the one place where this won't be an unpopular opinion haha.

I have never worn high heels in my entire life and I never will. Fuck them.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked what they did in the first Parasite Eve. When the game starts, Aya is in an opera with a fancy dress and heels. Shit happens, and she is forced to go into action with those clothes... because well, no time to change into something more practical.

After that, she wears normal clothes throughout all the game.
Yes!!! A million times yes!!!

It's such a pity that cases like that in videogames are the exception. There are more games where women use impractical dresses in entire campaigns than ones like PE1 where she wears one because she's on opera night and changes at the first opportunity in this case the very next morning to boots, jeans, plain T-shirt and jacket.

I fucking love this game which only makes it more tragic when you see what they did to Aya in PE2 and especially The 3rd Birthday! She went from a no nonsense woman who's a badass policewoman to a sorry and embarrassing younger woman (yes Aya gets younger, not older because sexist and protracted reasons) who cries a lot, gasps more than she talks, and gets her clothes ripped as a game mechanic.

I'll never forgive Square for what they did to Aya Brea.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure this is the one place where this won't be an unpopular opinion haha.

I have never worn high heels in my entire life and I never will. Fuck them.
I've walked a mile in heels before. The whole time I was questioning why women do this for long periods of time. Most women I know show up in heels for pictures and then swap them out for actual shoes for the rest of the event

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Don't high heels fuck up your feet and stuff as well if you wear them too much because they make you walk with such an unnatural gait? Sounds like way too much hassle tbh :/

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to add a fun fact about Apex Legends; the only white male character's specialty is uh... being toxic.

I love this game.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend loves thm and has loads of pairs and is constantly eyeing more. I literally couldn't care less what she wears so I know it's not my influence ha ha. They look really uncomfortable to wear though, i've never tried, but on certain outfits they do look nice I guess?

I hated Jurrassic World and her heels annoyed me so much. I saw this video earlier and thought it was hilarious in it's mockery of it lol.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, Fire Emblem Three Houses will be featured in about 5.5 hours. How many of the sexualized bingo slots will that game fill?

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, Fire Emblem Three Houses will be featured in about 5.5 hours. How many of the sexualized bingo slots will that game fill?
I just re-watched the trailer and noticed the young girl on the throne at the end of the trailer that I hadn't noticed before. My expectations have dropped precipitously.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so too. We'll see.

At the plus(?) side, if it isn't we'll have more fuel for this thread for the next few months.
Regardless I predict at least one instance of Zettai Ryoiki.

Death, taxes, and at least one girl showing some thigh in every anime game. I'll bet you anything.

A couple of people may have prophesied it, but I don't have any hopes of my own. And just one? I reckon this will be another zettai ryoiki bonanza.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017

With a new trailer out, it is safe to say that this entry really plays things a lot safer. I am happy to be wrong.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Well it's not exposed thighs like with Fates but having an exposed stomach is probably worse.
9BmXzHnh.png

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the new Bloodstained trailer and I could've sworn Miriam's outfit wasn't so revealing and she wasn't so busty before. Am I wrong?

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I think this speaks more to how low the bar is honestly.

If I was in charge of designs, you'd hardly see any skin at all. But this is an improvement from the past few games and really does not meet my previous fears of exposed triple d's and garter belt armor among other things. It's better and by a fair margin, can we not acknowledge that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.