• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I think he was joking why 2B could move like she does while wearing heels, not that she wears heels because shes a robot... come on now >_>

Yeah, he was. I have been burnt one too many times, so I was fooled this time around. My bad, JadedWriter!

How do you feel about the real explanation Yoko Taro gave which was that he really likes girls? Is it worse or better than lore explanations.

Honestly? The latter. Of course that doesn't change the way she looks, and so it doesn't change my opinion about her design. But when engaging in a discussion with someone, I like to not be told reasons why the outfit actually makes sense. Cause that person is just trying to justify their preferences with stupid bullshit, when they could just tell me straight up they just like women with skimpy designs.

Resiverence

Jan 30, 2019
iuGBu14.png

Screenshot by https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/1097886168992104448

I vote to have a "boner culture" reference in our next OT title
I too come to fighting games for the sense of solidarity it holds for us in the boner culture

Nov 2, 2017
I'm gonna be honest the batfamily is equal opportunity. Everyones outfit is super tight. To the point that dick grayson is famous for his tight Ass in his nightwing pants. And bruces is so tight sometimes you see his abs and almost his dick.

Bruce just needs to be looser a bit with his fabric because its hilarious sometimes.

I don't think you understand why that was posted.

It's both an example of someone understanding how clothes actually work (left) and someone not understanding (right). The example on the right is demonstrating boob sock, because of how the costume cups the breast. That's not how spandex works. Even though the pictures have clothing made of different material, it should look more like the image on the left.

The reason people say "boob sock" is because the thing you have to do to get the effect that the image on the right shows is to build a pocket for each boob into the torso of the costume, creating what amounts to two boob socks that the boobs are fed into.

It doesn't matter how tight the clothing is, clothing is still clothing. If you want it to perfectly match the curves of the body, you have to specifically engineer the clothing to do that.

Last edited:

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I am voting for this to be the next OT title. And since I'm a mod I can totally impose it, too. :3

I know you are being cheeky, but I'll give it a shot: the only reason for women's existence is whether they can provide boners for this dude. Basically objectification in a nutshell.

I thought the same, but... I checked his Twitter and this guy is a full-blown GGer creep. He's totally serious, lol

Oh not just that, he's beyond that level of awful and his site is a hatemob. Random slurs thrown about in articles, he partakes in super toxic comment sections and uses said slurs there as people wish death threats on people he pokes fun of in his articles, it's very vile. Easily the worst website I've ever visited.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Oh not just that, he's beyond that level of awful and his site is a hatemob. Random slurs thrown about in articles, he partakes in super toxic comment sections and uses said slurs there as people wish death threats on people he pokes fun of in his articles, it's very vile. Easily the worst website I've ever visited.

Oh the humanity...

;(

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this is just me but I think heels look really cool on both male and female characters. I don't find them sexy at all (and could never figure out why they are even associated with sex appeal, but that's another topic), they just create a cool poised pose in the character. I tend to draw them on a lot of my designs.

I feel this way as well. The heeled leather boots in Bloodborne are so badass.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this is just me but I think heels look really cool on both male and female characters. I don't find them sexy at all (and could never figure out why they are even associated with sex appeal, but that's another topic), they just create a cool poised pose in the character. I tend to draw them on a lot of my designs.

Pretty much. Rehearsal footage was used for the video of Prince's 'Nothing Compares 2 U' and he's absolutely killing it in heels

It all looks pretty damn cool how he's moving in them.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you feel about the real explanation Yoko Taro gave which was that he really likes girls? Is it worse or better than lore explanations.
Do you honesty think "I like women in bikinis" is a worse answer than "she breathes through her skin"? Of course not. I don't have to like the decision but I'll always respect the choice and honesty instead of mocking the protracted bullshit explanations.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Do you honesty think "I like women in bikinis" is a worse answer than "she breathes through her skin"? Of course not. I don't have to like the decision but I'll always respect the choice and honesty instead of mocking the protracted bullshit explanations.
O I agree that I prefer people just being honest because I think 2B's design is incredible.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
O I agree that I prefer people just being honest because I think 2B's design is incredible.
Without a doubt. 2B's design was lightning in a bottle whether we like it or not. She's legit well designed. A site (I think it was Kotaku) not long ago had a feature where real fashion designers were interviewed about their opinions of various videogame characters and their clothes. They made fun of a lot of crappy designs but they all loved 2B's design.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018

Well, ok... sure, one answer is more honest than the other. But even going with the more honest answer, what does it tell us about someone's character when that person chooses to have the fundamentals of its design revolve around useless, heavily sexualized elements?

Maybe this is what the so-called boner culture is referring to...

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Well, ok... sure, one answer is more honest than the other. But even going with the more honest answer, what does it tell us about someone's character when that person chooses to have the fundamentals of its design revolve around useless, heavily sexualized elements?

Maybe this is what the so-called boner culture is referring to...
I wouldn't call 2B's design useless due to sexuality and sex being a theme throughout the game. I think the context is what differentiates a sexualized character's design from being objectifying or an artistic decision.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Without a doubt. 2B's design was lightning in a bottle whether we like it or not. She's legit well designed. A site (I think it was Kotaku) not long ago had a feature where real fashion designers were interviewed about their opinions of various videogame characters and their clothes. They made fun of a lot of crappy designs but they all loved 2B's design.
I went a looking for that article and I think I found it. No 2B in the discussion though they unanimously disliked Quiet!

https://kotaku.com/video-game-fashion-reviewed-by-people-who-know-fashion-1756950307

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
I'm mixing up articles then. I distinctly remember reading about some real world fashion designer singing praises at 2B's outfit.
In terms of Kotaku, I came across another article by a staff writer who praised the outfit. She sounds pretty saavy but not exactly a fashion designer. I think that's what you came across.

Womenswear in games has always had a touch of fantasy, but in 2017 the best of these were detailed and thoughtful. Nier: Automata's 2B isn't just a sexy android, she's a confident, mature, TLC-in-silk-pajamas kind of sexy android. Her outfit is covered in small, specific details that make it feel luxurious and touchable, as well as intimidating. There's a long slit up her thigh, but her legs are covered in thigh-high boots that wouldn't look out of place on Rihanna. There's a cutout on her chest, but it's overlaid with delicate lace and mesh. Sometimes it looks like her dress is made out of a soft, touchable velvet, but underneath is a harsh, dominatrix-esque latex leotard. The push and pull of accessibility and impenetrability is what makes this outfit intriguing, and its also at the core of 2B's character. Being sexy can feel good or powerful, but it can also make you vulnerable. What's nice is that despite being a sexy video game outfit, what 2B wears isn't the kind of thing that would only work on a video game body. She might be dressed like a pop star, but this is still an outfit made of real world pieces that make sense with each other.
https://kotaku.com/the-year-in-video-game-fashion-2017-1821650587

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I wouldn't call 2B's design useless due to sexuality and sex being a theme throughout the game. I think the context is what differentiates a sexualized character's design from being objectifying or an artistic decision.

Fair enough.

I went a looking for that article and I think I found it. No 2B in the discussion though they unanimously disliked Quiet!

https://kotaku.com/video-game-fashion-reviewed-by-people-who-know-fashion-1756950307

I really like what some of them said about Quiet:

Carina: WHAT the actual hell!? Anyone who has boobs will tell you there's not much you can do in a bikini five sizes too small, apart from stand very still and pray you don't have a nip slip. How does Quiet even live? Don't even get me started on the rest of her strange get-up. 1/10 soz, Quiet!

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of Kotaku, I came across another article by a staff writer who praised the outfit. She sounds pretty saavy but not exactly a fashion designer. I think that's what you came across.

https://kotaku.com/the-year-in-video-game-fashion-2017-1821650587
That might be it.

I also want to acknowledge and be thankful that 2B's personality is the way it was in the game and that they could restraint themselves from making her into a generic anime schoolgirl with the personality of a doormat. She basically behaves very close to what I would've imagined Samus was before Other M completely shat all over her.

You heard me, Nintendo? Grab 2B or, better yet, Major Moroni Kisangani from Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex and copy-paste their personalities into Samus and make Other M non canon. You can have this one for free.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

My hatred for heels on characters in action roles has been diminished slightly by that video. I am still going to be annoyed, but I no longer think they are AS infuriating as I thought they were. That video has single-handedly downgraded one of my biggest pet peeves. That was amazing.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Heels irk me so much. This was something that the original Valkyrie Profile got right and then Valkyrie Profile 2 regressed on. It's the same artist and it just boggles my mind.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
How dare you people slander boner culture. I'll not stand by while you attack our boner culture, our boner traditions. Have your ears not been blessed by the Great Boner song or your eyes bare witness to the graceful beauty of the boner dance? I remember as a teenager staying up late on Erectmass Eve patiently waiting for the Boner fairy to arrive to arrive from Argentina with gifts and candy. There is an obvious war on boner culture. Our blessed boners are being removed from Starbucks cups as we speak. We must make a stand here.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
It's barely a take, i was going to post it in response but he doesn't deserve the clicks, i'll give you an accurate summary:
"AAAAAH LOOK AT HIM! LOOK AT HER! AAAAAH IT LOOKS SO BAD! FUCK YOUUUU WHY ARE YOU SO WRONG???? FUCK THIS FUCKT THAT OH THE SKY IS SO UGLYYYY LOOOK AT THIIS"

Really, its literally him screeming this for 1:24 minutes

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017

Admitted lolicon Digibro is furious that JoJo Part 5 won Crunchyroll's award for best character designs.

He's just having a meltdown about the whole thing.

Also he accused JoJo "stans" of being "12 years old" which led to the first reply to that tweet being "so that means you want to fuck them?" which was pretty good.

Oct 27, 2017
Although I appreciate the fact he's starting to empathize with feminists, he's still gotta come around to appreciating part 5's designs. Bruno's outfit is pretty much just a Prince getup and his whole aesthetic is fantastic.

Edit: now that I think about it, Jojo is literally my only reference point for this kind of male sensuality outside of Prince. Maybe George Michael.

Deleted member 18360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haha wow, I'm glad I realized that DIgibro was trash pretty early on.

And that other take is hilarious on a few counts. It almost seems that it should be hard to misunderstand two things and their relation to each other that badly. Jojo's poses punctuate character, while examples in this thread punctuate, uh, 'character'...

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Although I appreciate the fact he's starting to empathize with feminists, he's still gotta come around to appreciating part 5's designs. Bruno's outfit is pretty much just a Prince getup and his whole aesthetic is fantastic.

Edit: now that I think about it, Jojo is literally my only reference point for this kind of male sensuality outside of Prince. Maybe George Michael.
Jojo's outfits are awesome, it's a fine way of crossing the dudebro line and i love how they make anime youtubers feel conflicted. This article pretty much sums it up, Araki is a genious and after him all anime outfits feel boring to me xO

I also appreciate David Productions for using Pink as the main color of Giorno, I'm gonna jump the gun and say this for everyone that watches a lot of shounen anime: this was a very bold choice. (And makes his design vastly superior from the manga iteration that just used a boring navy blue like every jojo before him)

I just wished Trish's design was better =/, Part 6 had so many cool ones for the girls though, Jolyne is amazing

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the DoA6 Quick Look and, while this is way more coverage than I'm used to from DoA, I still have severe issues with her bust size. Still, I guess it's a step forward?

FxNBLEM.png

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the DoA6 Quick Look and, while this is way more coverage than I'm used to from DoA, I still have severe issues with her bust size. Still, I guess it's a step forward?

FxNBLEM.png
Seems to all be lip service. The scandalous outfits still exist and will probably dominate the DLC releases.

Oct 30, 2017
I was really hoping that the DOA statements were real. I have been in the mood to play more fighting games and my execution has become ass. Seemed like the best time to check out DOA.

I still don't understand why they lied to begin with.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

FxNBLEM.png

Are they still having the "everyone has the same body type so we can sell the same damn DLC clothes to every woman" garbage they did with DOA5?

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
So I speculated that she was a woman before during the initial trailer showing her, but it seems that I was right in sekiro having one of the true rarities of our days. A cool badass who is actually an elder woman.

Modal Soul

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all, I just wanted to know if you all have seen the new armor sets Bamco added into Soul Calibur VI? Like there's this armor set for the female CAS where it's just barely covering anything. I've been looking for the name of it, but I can't for the life of me find it. Basically, think of the armor that Masane Amaha from Witchblade wears. The upper part is the weirdest about it because where the breasts are, there are no nipples. Like none at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.