• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
LoXeD89.png

You're kidding, right? There is something seriously fucked up if those comments are real.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're kidding, right? There is something seriously fucked up if those comments are real.

Men are clueless about makeup, considering it "a girl's thing" and stopping there. It doesn't help that media only shows women with at least a small amount of makeup even if they are doing things that would run counter to it. Like waking up. So most men think that everyday makeup is just something that is magically placed on them.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Men are clueless about makeup, considering it "a girl's thing" and stopping there. It doesn't help that media only shows women with at least a small amount of makeup even if they are doing things that would run counter to it. Like waking up. So most men think that everyday makeup is just something that is magically placed on them.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. But many of those heterosexual men have significant others, and even live with them, right? So they must be aware that a woman is not born with makeup, and that the L'Oréal gnome isn't taking care of their face during the night...

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every modern made should be forced, by law, to spend at least a week wearing make-up. It might help improve their empathy. Might.

I think there's a grammar error here...

Yeah, I get what you're saying. But many of those heterosexual men have significant others, and even live with them, right? So they must be aware that a woman is not born with makeup, and that the L'Oréal gnome isn't taking care of their face during the night...

Quote from someone I asked.

"Well obviously not all women look like that without make-up, but these are celebrities so obviously their skin is less impure! Why else do they get to be in the spotlight?"

I...I swear there's something in the California water...

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Aww...Arcee no...

You'd be surprised.

There are cats out there are still surprised that the grand majority of the beauty industry, especially consumer facing marketing is male led and acted.

Beauty-Tube is like...70% gay male aiming at 100% cis-female.

Meanwhile, every fucking guy would benefit from learning, at the very least, how foundation works, because your face is a fucking mess and being a fucking mess is not "masculine" regardless of what you learned in the 80's.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I think there's a grammar error here...

Quote from someone I asked.

"Well obviously not all women look like that without make-up, but these are celebrities so obviously their skin is less impure! Why else do they get to be in the spotlight?"

I...I swear there's something in the California water...

Hey lay off we're just getting over a drought! :p

But seriously, I could understand thinking that celebrities have access to expensive treatments and whatnot but that's some crazy worship right there!

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, every fucking guy would benefit from learning, at the very least, how foundation works, because your face is a fucking mess and being a fucking mess is not "masculine" regardless of what you learned in the 80's.

aww you're just saying that because you think it'd be funny watching men struggle to find the right foundation color for their skin
which, i mean, it totes would be

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
I just want to find a foundation that doesn't make me look like I have jaundice :( Curse my vampiric pale skin.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I am absolutely indifferent about makeup. Humans shouldn't feel the need to cover up their imperfections. They wouldn't even be called that if it wasn't for people's constant need to cover things up. And now we have a generation of kids and teens believing photos filtered to hell and back are legit, and they themselves feel inadequate looking in the mirror. We have 5th graders scared to head to school without makeup covering their faces. It's abhorrent. Of course makeup can look beautiful, I won't object that. But I'd rather it didn't exist.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
There's some new gameplay of Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled, and all anybody can talk about on Reddit or YouTube is that the game no longer has trophy girls fawning over you when you win a race.

where r my bimbos activision. why cant i see half nekkid furries when i win a race

Nov 4, 2018
I watched the Ultimate Alliance 3 trailer released today for the X-Men and I'm deeply disappointed by the design they chose for one of the announced characters Psylocke.
Of course, Team Ninja being Team Ninja, instead of choosing one of her better designs from the more recent comics, they went with her sexualized leotard design.
fW4xh0C.jpg

She's not the only character who's using their sexualized designs.

Elektra
0voONLN.jpg

Storm
lXqzMjg.jpg

Scarlet Witch
P0gMRqY.jpg

Mystique
vu1GUej.jpg

There's probably more, hell I wouldn't be surprised if one of the unlockable costumes is a Ms. Marvel outfit for Captain Marvel. I thought Marvel as a whole was moving away from these designs and it sucks to see that they're still being used in things today and I hope there are some costumes with more sensible outfits.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
There's some new gameplay of Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled, and all anybody can talk about on Reddit or YouTube is that the game no longer has trophy girls fawning over you when you win a race.

where r my bimbos activision. why cant i see half nekkid furries when i win a race
Trophy girls, like casual transphobia, can stay in the 90's and never come back. They are just a cheap cop-out of a "reward" because driving fast cars and getting first place just isn't enough.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I am absolutely indifferent about makeup. Humans shouldn't feel the need to cover up their imperfections. They wouldn't even be called that if it wasn't for people's constant need to cover things up. And now we have a generation of kids and teens believing photos filtered to hell and back are legit, and they themselves feel inadequate looking in the mirror. We have 5th graders scared to head to school without makeup covering their faces. It's abhorrent. Of course makeup can look beautiful, I won't object that. But I'd rather it didn't exist.

By all means, the number one thing people need to do is find peace with how they look naturally, regardless or race, gender or sex. You can't love anyone else until you come to terms with that.

But real talk, it's hard in these streets and If I'm serious about someone, I will use ever advantage I have, including trying to be cuter than the competition. I have lost out in the past to some guyliner and rouge.

I watched the Ultimate Alliance 3 trailer released today for the X-Men and I'm deeply disappointed by the design they chose for one of the announced characters Psylocke.
Of course, Team Ninja being Team Ninja, instead of choosing one of her better designs from the more recent comics, they went with her sexualized leotard design.

It's not hard to see why they went with the old 90's saturday morning cartoon xmen designs, but yeah, that means a lot of high boots, no pants and leotards. The nice thing about these games is that there's usually a billion different outfits you can unlock so you may not have to stick with them for too long...but the low hanging fruit here is the old yellow spandex, with all the ills that come with it. When it comes to the xmen side of things, they're definitely going to bank more on Nostalgia than anything else.

Like for storm, I'd be actually shocked if we don't see AT LEAST these

58cc8fb1bccda.jpg

8b26c647a86fec6cc8b60e457aaef5df.jpg

Man, that reminds me how fucked Psylocke's backstory is. Whitewashing an asian character with a soul transfer into a british lady because "asian's don't sell". Fucking comics...

Last edited:

TheSyldat

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Those are some damn sexy man butts ...

Havin' grown up in a family with skin problems so severe that any make up trigger allergic reactions I'm always cringing when I see men saying that someone with a ton of powder on their face have "no make up on" ...

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Trophy girls, like casual transphobia, can stay in the 90's and never come back. They are just a cheap cop-out of a "reward" because driving fast cars and getting first place just isn't enough.
yeah but um escuse me this is a remaster. It's not being true to the original vision, and it's all the fault of those SJWs at IGN and Gamespot, with their legion of soy boy cuck white knights pushing for their minority opinion to take over!!!

HrWyqFw.png

TheSyldat

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
yeah but um escuse me this is a remaster. It's not being true to the original vision, and it's all the fault of those SJWs at IGN and Gamespot, with their legion of soy boy cuck white knights pushing for their minority opinion to take over!!!

HrWyqFw.png
If the industry was so much "invaded by SJWs" I wouldn't have received a notice from one of my dispatchers to "keep a low profile" in my email box this morning about the whole P.R.O.C using the R.O.C legalizing same sex mariage to try to win some brownie points debacle ...

I swear sometimes I just wanna strangle the people who post that kind of stupid comments ...

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
If the industry was so much "invaded by SJWs" I wouldn't have received a notice from one of my dispatchers to "keep a low profile" in my email box this morning about the whole P.R.O.C using the R.O.C legalizing same sex mariage to try to win some brownie points debacle ...

I swear sometimes I just wanna strangle the people who post that kind of stupid comments ...
Seriously? What a shitty email to have to send out.

Look at the votes on the second post.
Yeah. It was initially higher at first, maybe through vote manipulation. But it's far from the only conspiratorial post in that thread, just the quickest one I found again.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. It was initially higher at first, maybe through vote manipulation. But it's far from the only conspiratorial post in that thread, just the quickest one I found again.

I wasn't saying that it was conspiratorial, just that people aren't responding to that post well over there. Looking through the replies to it, most are pretty reasonable with someone pointing out that it was ridiculous to have them in the game from the start given that it's a kids game.

TheSyldat

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Seriously? What a shitty email to have to send out.
I work for a "People's Republic of China" based publisher (so mainland China) but that publishes Taiwanese made games (I beta test their linux versions) sooo despite Taiwan (so the R.O.C ) legalizing same sex mariage being good news , some shit head in Mainland China found a way to try to appropriate that win and attribute to the party in P.R.O.C being that I am one of the few queers working for them that's out of the closet (and in China some are but still closeted at work ) yeah my dispatcher felt it would be appropriate to tell me to "not commennt on the on goings of that debacle and keep a low profile" ...

Or to make a long story short how a win for progress in the independant state gives a good excuse to your superior living in the Mainland Behemoth to throw some casual homophobia and intersexophobia at your face in a professional email ...

Good times ...
Fun for all the family ...

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017

HrWyqFw.png
i thought waypoint and polygon were the strawpeople of mad internet gamers, that's new

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Who are these weirdos who care that much about the CTR trophy girls? I don't think I've gone a single year since launch without playing CTR at least once, and I really don't care about their presence one way or the other. They were a very minor part of the game.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Who are these weirdos who care that much about the CTR trophy girls? I don't think I've gone a single year since launch without playing CTR at least once, and I really don't care about their presence one way or the other. They were a very minor part of the game.
They also belong to a part of the game that everybody skips anyway. And I'm sure that will continue to be the case for the new game, after you've seen all of the new celebration animations.

i thought waypoint and polygon were the strawpeople of mad internet gamers, that's new
Yeah Kotaku and those two sites drew the most ire initially, but now even IGN is. For example, Lucy O'Brien from IGN gave Days Gone a less than stellar review, and incels who only looked at the number at the bottom of the page instead of reading what she said assumed that she did this because she didn't like the straight while male protagonist, because Lucy is a queer woman. Never mind that Lucy praises the game's protagonist as one of its stand-out features. Once you build a narrative about someone, or something, that train has left the engine.

TheSyldat

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Yeah Kotaku and those two sites drew the most ire initially, but now even IGN is. For example, Lucy O'Brien from IGN gave Days Gone a less than stellar review, and incels who only looked at the number at the bottom of the page instead of reading what she said assumed that she did this because she didn't like the straight while male protagonist, because Lucy is a queer woman. Never mind that Lucy praises the game's protagonist as one of its stand-out features. Once you build a narrative about someone, or something, that train has left the engine.
That's the thing taht's also always irritating is that guys never bother to read the article . The number asigned is the only thing they give a damn about . You could be yodelling non sense in written form for the entire article as long as there is a 10/10 at the bottom of the page that's all they give a shit about ...

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What CTR Trophy Girls? Crash team racing had literal human girls handing out the trophies? I never played CTR.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
What CTR Trophy Girls? Crash team racing had literal human girls handing out the trophies? I never played CTR.

Not so much "human" as humanoid bandicoots:

http:///iGwd.png

"How dare you remove my sexy furry trophy girls?? I was born with that right! Boner culture must prevail!"

Maybe it's because I started playing CTR before puberty really kicked in, but I barely noticed those characters when I started out. Lucky break.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Maybe it's because I started playing CTR before puberty really kicked in, but I barely noticed those characters when I started out. Lucky break.
Lol, I find them tacky and a product of their time but they don't offend me or anything like that.

Did they confirm they were removed or ppl just speculating they will get removed?

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Lol, I find them tacky and a product of their time but they don't offend me or anything like that.

Did they confirm they were removed or ppl just speculating they will get removed?

That's a new game and not a remake, right? So they were probably just not considered in the creative process at all... It's not like they are some important or symbolic part of the game.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

There was footage of the story mode released today and they were absent from it.

That's a new game and not a remake, right? So they were probably just not considered in the creative process at all...
It's a remake.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was footage of the story mode released today and they were absent from it.

It's a remake.
Did they do anything on the main story other than pose with the trophy?

For example I'd miss the genie elephant from Diddy Kong Racing if they removed him from a remake. He was central to the plot and had a personality.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Hey, welcome back TheSyldat !

Good lord those creepy CREEPY eyes (especially the one down in front)! It's like the music video for Black Hole Sun all over again.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All they did was pose. This is the extent of their role in the game.

Practically the only thing interesting about them were the "where are they now bios" at the end. Hell, I'd want them to come back but in those roles which I believe where very different from the trophy girls they are in game.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I just played Dauntless for the first time and I am not sure if anyone has brought this character up in here, but I was just curious how this thread felt about the design for the female blacksmith in the game named Moyra Heigsketter

194px-Moyra_Heigsketter_Render_001.png

1LoeHka.jpg

Acknowledged as one of the best metal workers in Ramsgate, Moyra's young, but gifted, at metalwork. Her mother Varya let her start helping out in the smithy when she was only five years old, and eventually she took over her mother's smithy when the elder Heigsketter passed away. She won't rest until she feels she's lived up to Varya Heigsketter's example. Her workshop on Ramsgate Bluff is filled with new creations in various states of progress, a chaotically organized wonderland of what some slayers would call "sweet gear".

She has a passion for making new devices which is impossible to disguise once it grips her. She is wary of strangers but values her few friends greatly. Despite a gruff exterior she can be surprisingly kind and considerate to those she values. Never afraid to speak her mind and anything but shy.

Because I kind of like it? I think they could have given her a tank top instead of the leather bra obviously, but aside from that I like the overall design. I like that they decided to go with a much more athletic build than we often see female characters get in order to better match her chosen profession.

Am I wrong for liking the direction they went aside from the shirt? Because I have seen people already on Reddit whining that she isn't more feminine, that she is too buff etc etc. Asking if her model is "bugged" or "if she is supposed to look that way". You know. The usual garbage.

Last edited:

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Well, nothing wrong with her muscles. Blacksmiths need that considering the physical labor involved, but she's definitely underdressed I'd say just because you have to protect yourself from sparks and other hazards of smithing. Some kind of apron or overalls even. Unless she changes when working, otherwise nevermind.

MEGrika

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't get into the shirtless blacksmith look for any gender because of how cliche it is.

Dauntless is a weird game for representation because while all the armor for the most part is the same regardless of gender, a lot of the character animations are clearly made for the male character and just transferred over and it looks awkward at times. I don't want them moving all dainty or anything but the animations are made for a model twice the size and are a bit of an exaggerated giant buff manly man act and it just looks off on the female character model. The weapon menu doesn't even have my character correctly holding her weapons because the placement on the screen are where the male character would be holding them so they float outside of my hand. I'm happy there is character creation but it was clear where their priorities were when making things.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Kallie Plagge at Gamespot got the worst in my opinion. Alt right shits like the Quartering attacked her after her Days Gone review.

Status
Not open for further replies.