• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2018
Did they really need to keep the Trophy Girls around? As well as their original designs? They were a product of their time, sexualized women meant to be gawked at, and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with them being kept around and shown off as something worth remembering.

Hell even Tawna's redesign, even with the updated and tougher personality, is far too sexualized for my liking. Hell it's even creepy because they're freaking animals.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Did they really need to keep the Trophy Girls around? As well as their original designs? They were a product of their time, sexualized women meant to be gawked at, and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with them being kept around and shown off as something worth knowing about.

Hell even Tawna's redesign, even with the updated and tougher personality, is far too sexualized for my liking. Hell it's even creepy because they're freaking animals.

Eh, I think it is great that instead of getting rid of them, they put them in a much better role, and the roster was in need of more female characters.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...Of course some asshole made a "satire thread" about Kinsei's thread. Because as we all know, feeling uncomfortable with the association with homophobic people is exactly the same as Peta. /s

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure some of you remember people complaining that Crash Team Racing dropped the trophy girls from the remake. Turns out they're still in, except now they're known as Nitro Squad and are unlockable racers instead of characters just standing around during a victory celebration

48040198521_c4770c5d6r6j4e.jpg

48040301367_8a1965400guj1j.jpg

Fuck me.

Give me a game starring them!

That doesn't play like Crash.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, someone in the Tifa thread pulled the big breast women representation card when i asked them why she needed to be bigger. Am i going crazy, cause Tifa looks to have large breasts in the remake.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, someone in the Tifa thread pulled the big breast women representation card when i asked them why she needed to be bigger. Am i going crazy, cause Tifa looks to have large breasts in the remake.

What? Tifa obviously has only A-cups! /s

Perverts are just grasping at straws to justify their horniness. It's honestly pathetic.

Nov 2, 2017
nwg1Ccn.jpg

I don't think something like this is unrealistic, and I think it closer matches her original bust as well as gives her a more solid physique overall.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
I think it's my first time posting here but both how Kinsei was treated for sharing their concerns and the satire thread that popped up are absolutely embarrassing. E3 time is usually were discussion takes a nosedive but that has been particularly disheartening to read and I feel disappointed that the general gaming community here isn't capable of having a respectful discussion about these things.

I just hate how fucked up body standards have become. It's insane that people legit say that she doesn't have large breasts with a straight face.

Makes me wish people spent more time looking at real people instead of idealized depictions of them.

PS: On that note, I also wanna say I hate to even call them "idealized" because said ideal in itself is complete bullshit.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Tons of posters on this site love to show their lack of knowledge when it comes to things such as women's proportions.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I think Tifa's design's since Advent Children on have been pretty reasonable. Advent Children is still my favorite for her, but I like this updated look.

Twitter is currently going crazy over Barret

d8v7c8sucaa8xj-12klw.jpg

Looks like Square accidentally hit onto a Hot Ryu design for him.

I just saw this. Hope they keep the date options cause I know who I'm taking now.

Oct 25, 2017

This one really calls attention to just how skinny she is. I really am bothered by their fear of have any weight at all on women, be it muscle or not.

While I'm happy with her current model because I was dreading it being an disaster, the one on the right looks loads better.

Goddamn do I hate people using sex positive feminism as a cover for wanting more sexualized designs.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
It is funny that this place is perceived as a "woke SJW paradise" when the majority are not. At least your thread became a graveyard for those shitty nintendo gamers.

I disagree. Indeed, every concern thread I read had at least one of *those* people. But Kinsei's thread was filled with them. It was out of the norm.

EDIT: I was referring to concern threads regarding video games. Sorry for the ambiguity.

Last edited:

Miang

Oct 28, 2017

She definitely does, she's just wearing a good sports bra to stop them painfully bouncing everywhere when she's jumping around. Of course many of these dudes actually have no idea about women's bodies lmao

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I disagree. Indeed, every concern thread I read had at least one of *those* people. But Kinsei's thread was filled with them. It was out of the norm.

As someone from the global south I see a lot of racism in etc era, so I do not find it out of the norm. Just go to any topic that has to do with Asia Pacific or the Middle East to see. But I do agree that Nintendo topics dealing with issues like this one usually turn really ugly.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Yeah, that image and the attitude it represents were enough to turn me off of Astral Chain.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest issue I have with that art is....why does her lower body look so tiny? it's like it was copy pasted from a child...

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
well... on the bright side... people are speculating that short haired Zelda in the new trailer could be indicative of her being a playable character (so her hair doesn't clip through different clothing options)

Dare I dream anymore? :(

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1560275792395.jpg

Fire Emblem has been a very controversial franchise since Awakening/Fates kicked up the Fan service to an 11, with Echoes Mildly taking a step back to more classic designs, but its good to see that Three Houses is focusing a lot more on characters for their personalities and traits rather than how much skin their showing. I can't wait to see some of the new designs post timeskip for all of currently revealed characters, despite the criticisms for the artwork, i've really loved Edlegards design the most.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1560275792395.jpg

Fire Emblem has been a very controversial franchise since Awakening/Fates kicked up the Fan service to an 11, with Echoes Mildly taking a step back to more classic designs, but its good to see that Three Houses is focusing a lot more on characters for their personalities and traits rather than how much skin their showing. I can't wait to see some of the new designs post timeskip for all of currently revealed characters, despite the criticisms for the artwork, i've really loved Edlegards design the most.

...huh, that's surprisingly great. I expected far worse.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
It bananas how this always comes up when it has something to do with Nintendo. It doesn't help that like Ubisoft it doesn't openly reflect on their action.

Speaking of Nintendo, at least related. New character for the Pokemon game. Also Pokemon continuing to be diverse with their characters.
First thought: Water Gym Trainer in a swimming suit is a little cliche but she looks cool.
Second thought: Wait... are those water floaties on her lower calves?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

I generally have some low expectations of how gaming side can get here, but I just want to pop in and say that even with that in mind it was really shocking to see the immediate outright vitriolic reaction to this thread earlier. I'm glad that it was dealt with, but... yeah.

Given that both topics have been discussed here in the past without quite as much of a severe pushback (though certainly some of it), I don't know if it's just people who were more active for E3 or what, but it was extremely disappointing at best. Even my low expectations are upsetting dismissals/handwaving, not hateful mocking. People need to be better.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
You should remake the thread when e3 dies down though I understand if the reaction made to not want to bother.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am getting ready to give up on this site. I am sorry, I know nobody here knows me, I posted in this thread maybe once, but I loved this thread a lot. Keep it up people.

It is better to only follow some topics / communities and rarely venture to gaming or etcetera era. Today has been one of the worst days for this site.

TheSyldat

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
I really hate this fucking site.
Welcome to the "yeah this is straight parade here too" effect. I'm sad to see what your thread turned into , but I must say I'm not all that surprised either ...

You should remake the thread when e3 dies down though I understand if the reaction made to not want to bother.
That won't change a damn thing this is DQ crowd combined with Nintendo crowd the result will be the same . DQ fans don't wanna hear about that and will do anything they can to poison the well and shut down the conversation by nuking it from orbit . It happens on every forum every social media evey place on the internet where you mention it .

Last edited:

Jar0d

Banned
Jun 11, 2019

I was prepared and I still got mad. The feeling of "don't touch my toys" is strong. It's even more disturbing that it's coming from Nintendo die-hard fans (mostly). You'd think they're kind of sensitive to progressive topic, but it seems even they fall into the trap of defending their favorite toys over way more important matters. It's no wonder why those same people often consider women as toys too.

Sometimes, the backlash for being progressive or just wanting to TALK - just TALK, damn - about some problems, is sooooo strong, that you start to wonder if you're not the one who's in the wrong. I mean, just read at this thread. It's not like the OP said something particularly controversial and yet, people went straight for his throat.

Yeah, just wanted to say that you're not alone OP, I'm with you. You're not in the wrong.

Welcome to the "yeah this is straight parade here too" effect. I'm sad to see what your thread turned into , but I must I'm not all that surprised either ...

That won't change a damn thing this is DQ crowd combined with Nintendo crowd the result will be the same . DQ fans don't wanna hear about that and will do anything they can to poison the well and shut down the conversation by nuking it from orbit . It happens on every forum every social media evey place on the internet where you mention it .

Yep. Hitler himself could have made the games, they'd still defend it.

Speak a lot about our society. If you're talented for something, you can get away with pretty much everything.

- You make good music ? You can get away with being a nazi apologist, like DQ composer.
- You make good games ? You can get away with your blatant and ridiculous homophobia, like Persona's director.
- You make good movies ? You can get away with being a child-molester, like Polanski.

The pattern is obvious. The laaaaarge majority of people value entertainment over progressive values.

Last edited:

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I was prepared and I still got mad. The feeling of "don't touch my toys" is strong. It's even more disturbing that it's coming from Nintendo die-hard fans (mostly). You'd think they're kind of sensitive to progressive topic, but it seems even they fall into the trap of defending their favorite toys over way more important matters. It's no wonder why those same people often consider women as toys too.

Sometimes, the backlash for being progressive or just wanting to TALK - just TALK, damn - about some problems, is sooooo strong, that you start to wonder if you're not the one who's in the wrong. I mean, just read at this thread. It's not like the OP said something particularly controversial and yet, people went straight for his throat.

Yeah, just wanted to say that you're not alone OP, I'm with you. You're not in the wrong.

Yep. Hitler himself could have made the games, they'd still defend it.

Speak a lot about our society. If you're talented for something, you can get away with pretty much everything.

- You make good music ? You can get away with being a nazi apologist, like DQ composer.
- You make good games ? You can get away with your blatant and ridiculous homophobia, like Persona's director.
- You make good movies ? You can get away with being a child-molester, like Polanski.

The pattern is obvious. The laaaaarge majority of people value entertainment over progressive values.
Separate art from the artist, doe. Herpyderp

Neidii

Oct 30, 2017

This one really calls attention to just how skinny she is. I really am bothered by their fear of have any weight at all on women, be it muscle or not.

I really like the one on the right, it's a very small change but it looks great. I'm pretty happy with her current design anyway, it could have been way worse

Status
Not open for further replies.